EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I still don't get why they won't let us mount with old character models and just not show the mount. I have always preferred the old models over the Luclin models.
For some reason humans can use mounts with the old models. If you're a non human try to snag an AoN for the skeleton illusion; anything to avoid those shitty Luclin models.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
They are promo'ing the fuck out of this on youtube. Seems like every time I come across a video with an ad, it's the EQ: Rain of Fire ad. I tried this out the other day and my characters had been deleted. They also started me out in some zone I'd never seen before.

Filoranae_sl

shitlord
Do we have a guild on test we can get in to if we aren't going to be raiding all the time? I love raiding, but being a programmer, my job makes it very hard to be available for mandatory raids.
TFO doesn't have mandatory raids in the "you must log in to raid if it's a raid night" sense. We raid Sunday - Thursday at 9pm est. If members are online and available to raid, it's generally expected that they'll be coming to the raid, but if something comes up (anything from work / sick/ only on a few minutes / dog's having puppies / whatev) no one's going to give you grief for not making it to a raid. A few members attend nearly 100% of raids, others are closer to 25%, and most of the guild falls somewhere in between.

I don't know of any other guilds on Test that have a strong presence here on Rerolled, or that raid more than 3 nights a week, but there are a few other guilds that raid. Someone else may be able to help with more info either here or in the General chat channel in game.

Balroc

Molten Core Raider
are there any new servers coming up on the horizon? only thing that would tempt me to try again.

Drade

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is only 1 other guild currently on Test that raids at all, Strontium. They have done HoT tier 4 I believe and raid twice a week or so.

There are some folks that host a raiding community, and I have no idea how that's working out for them. I'm fairly certain we ("we" meaning TFO) are the first and only guild of our kind Test has ever seen.

orcmauler

Golden Squire
I finally found an ideal aa spot for my 65 on test. Now I'm torn between getting another 300 aa or leveling. First world problems

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Zaide I'm glad you found a place you can be successful. Sad you are not on Vulak anymore.
frown.png

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and apply to TFO - got to mess around a bit more over the last couple of days and am enjoying the cleric again. However, it's very boring alone!

wtb invite - Ancalagonex 65 cleric

Lost Ranger_sl

shitlord
I see that you guys have Beastlords set to high for recruitment. Did they change something with the class that has now made them awesome? Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I always remembered the class as a decent soloer, okay dps, and a okay buffer if you couldn't get a sham/bard in your group. I don't ever recall someone saying "Man I wish we had more beastlords!".
tongue.png

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Zaide I'm glad you found a place you can be successful. Sad you are not on Vulak anymore.
frown.png
They were good times, shame the way things turned out. I hear Vulak is pretty empty these days; do you still play?

I see that you guys have Beastlords set to high for recruitment. Did they change something with the class that has now made them awesome? Maybe I am remembering wrong, but I always remembered the class as a decent soloer, okay dps, and a okay buffer if you couldn't get a sham/bard in your group. I don't ever recall someone saying "Man I wish we had more beastlords!".
tongue.png
Someone has to loot those BL drops right?
Also, paragon is nice and we're generally low on pet classes altogether.

Crone

More tongue in cheek comment than anything Zaide. I was EoE through velious when I stopped playing.

Don't hate me though.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
More tongue in cheek comment than anything Zaide. I was EoE through velious when I stopped playing.

Don't hate me though.
I know, Sagnid or Decay right? I remember you were pals with Corellon and took part in some decent drama over a Scimitar of the Mistwalker.

I don't really care about shit from two years ago though so I didn't see it as tongue in cheek. Thanks for letting me know
wink.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
tongue.png
I realize you are probably asking more from a 'Guild needs' standpoint, but let me put in a good word for Beastlords as a total class and give an end-game perspective.

Beastlords are awesome. I wouldn't say it is better or worse than the Sham/Bard you mentioned, but they just bring something different to the table. The class has definitely evolved over the years and much more complete, compared to the 2002 Beastlord. If you take out the overlap of abilities, the debate comes down to 3 major things if you are weighing Beast, Sham, Bard:
-Beastlord will put out more DPS than the others.
-Shaman gives you healing options and the ability to replace a Merc healer if you want.
-Bards do so much, but the most important things they bring that Shaman and Beast do not are Pulling and Crowd Control.
I have a level 100 Beastlord that I pair with my Necro for Haste and Slows (66% with a -40 resist adjust) primarily. Also, amazing melee buffs for him, the mercs, and the pets that add a lot of DPS. Finally, unlimited Mana via Paragon (1820 Mana, 3490 HP per tick for 10 ticks), Focused Paragon, and Spiritual Purity buffs (stacks with Necro mana regen, while clarity line does not). With AA's Paragons are not saved for wipes or panic situations, they can be cast every few minutes for steady mana gain. Their DPS is very, very good also for how low maintenance it is. You can Slow, turn on auto attack, and send your pet all with one macro button click. BTW, level 100 Beast pets can tank RoF content, which is surprising, since VoA mobs destroyed them.

Did you know Beasts can Group Buff:
HP: 4896 = 3386 + 1510
STR & cap: 249
DEX & cap: 249
STA & cap: 170
All Resists & cap: 171
ATK: 867= 672 + 195
Increase Chance to Triple Attack by 30%
Increase Chance to Flurry 48%
Haste: 53% (2 hours)
Health Regen: 82
Mana Regen: 74
Endurance Regen: 4
Something for everyone. How can you not love a Beastlord?

Crone

I know, Sagnid or Decay right? I remember you were pals with Corellon and took part in some decent drama over a Scimitar of the Mistwalker.

I don't really care about shit from two years ago though so I didn't see it as tongue in cheek. Thanks for letting me know
wink.png
Decay, yep yep.

Despite all the drama between our two guilds I'd say it was some of the best gaming time I've ever had.

Actually came back to Vulak just this past week. Things are quiet with the holidays and all but due to instanced raids there isn't much guild drama anymore.