EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
No new TLP server this year @ the anniversary. Confirmed athttp://eqresource.com/board/index.php?topic=2125

Thom Terrazas: <not sure who asked this> About another TLP Server - We chose not to do another TLP server for the Anniversary. There are two servers now and one of them is a much higher population and opening another might confuse people. However, we have discussed over the last year to do a different rule set server. These do take a lot of effort and we receive many suggestions all the time. Maybe we ought to open more dialogue on the forums and then do a poll for In-Game for the most requested/favorite.

Nulolan

N00b
Damn that's too bad, was really looking forward to trying a new TLP server. I missed the boat on the other ones, wanted to get in on one when they just started up.

Raynard_sl

shitlord
Guess I need to log into my guys and get them the AAs before its changed in case I ever get time to come back.

If you have AA(say 2-3k already) should you just auto grant and deal with the "Double"(IE you spent pts in something and part of the auto grant spends pts in the same thing) or is there a trick to use the auto grant and then spend your earned AA on top of it?
/resetaa
zone twice
spend your original aa on top of the 5-7k aa you just got granted

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah figured it out. Had to go through all my guys, sucks I still had a couple that were not 100 yet.

So tempted to get back into raiding with TFO. Least with this new thing, I can just PL to the current level cap, then do the auto grant AAs to catch up. Then its just a matter of gear.

Also wish I knew why anytime I launch EQ my monitor's gamma seems to brighten a lot, no matter if I am in the EQ window or not.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also wish I knew why anytime I launch EQ my monitor's gamma seems to brighten a lot, no matter if I am in the EQ window or not.
Ya, it is annoying that it even stays that way after you log out and close the program a lot of times. I use to think it was my video card or computer, but I have had multiple's over the years and it has done that on all of them.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Am I going to lose the 4100+ AA I have banked if I log out?

Nope. 3 x 100s incoming soon. Should be on this weekend
smile.png

Ancallagon

Silver Knight of the Realm
I'm dumb. I always come back every year on test when the fableds are up. Go away fabled mobs, you annoy me. Although now that I don't need to worry about AAing at all I can just level to 85ish and then should be able to handle most Fableds from Vanilla - Pop? Maybe? Dunno.

I mainly 2 box, can 3+ box easily enough, but I like to play on my laptop while watching TV, so it's not set up to easily 6 box like I used to way back. Can 2 85s (thinking Monk and Ench, but can do lots of combos) with Mercs handle most anything through PoP era Fableds?

Thanks

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Because the client is ancient and uses a lot of old functions, and SOE refuses to modernize it. I would guess the client is calling a function to modify the desktop gamma instead of just altering the in-game gamma level. I lowered the gamma slider in-game to approximate what my desktop gamma is to stop this crap. Once upon a time the game took full control of your machine so altering the gamma at a desktop level vs. the app level didn't matter. They didn't even remove the need for EQW to allow alt-tab and use a hardware cursor until like 2005 which was ridiculous. I can't imagine how many man hours were wasted from their refusal to refactor the code.

The client still has problems on older dual core machines as well. I have to set affinity to one core or it bugs out.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
copied my paladin from Vox to Test.... the extra HP regen from the auto-granted leadership AAs is ridiculous at my level. my combat HP regen is now 241 (was 41 before)... should be an extra 200HP/tick at level 51 too... leveling up melees just got even easier.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
So I got to 80 and feel like I've really slowed down XP wise. I can still kill fairly fast but it's just slow. I xp'd in field of scale (not enough mobs, we were the only ones in the zone and I was chain pulling mobs but it wasn't great), loping plains (Killed about 100 worgs, did the turnins and got only a yellow or so) and Hills of Shade (Too high for me...).

Up to this point I was cruising along getting 1 level a night but it dropped to one level every few nights, am I doing anything wrong? I suppose I'll get a pretty major bump in a few days when I go from 350AA to 4000 (or whatever)...

Judge_sl

shitlord
I have 4000 or so as right now. From what I understand , I could auto grant and maybe gain a few as on my home server then go back to grinding....or.. goto test and /reset as and gain about 6k aa

I don't mind the changes but it sure seems playing on test is the way to go if your a player in the 2-5 k as range or else you lose out. Am I looking at this right?

Brikker

Trump's Staff
/resetaa on test won't give you the auto-granted AA to spend as you like. I had ~2k AA (before auto-grant) on my 86 zerker and did a /resetaa to test; it only gave me the ~2k back so I auto-granted, zoned a couple of times, and then ended up buying everything I could and still had a ton of AA left...

Judge_sl

shitlord
no but it will buy all the stuff I already pretty much bought. Leaving the 4k I actually earned to spend how I want. At 86 you won't be able to spend it all but you could just lvl to 95 or 100 on a live server, recopy to test and reset your aas and gain thousands that you won't have on live.

I don't mind playing on test, it just sucks you can take advantage of this deal to literally have that many more aa

Needless

Toe Sucker
So was that february update applied already?
I need to come back to test, that emu server is boring now

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Ya, it is annoying that it even stays that way after you log out and close the program a lot of times. I use to think it was my video card or computer, but I have had multiple's over the years and it has done that on all of them.
Check your PMs please mate.

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
What's the best way to powerlevel a class to 70 that doesn't have a PBAE spell, and thus can't be powerleveled by pulling 500 mobs, putting up a damage shield, healing yourself for aggro, and then having the newbie PBAE the mobs to get on their hate list and get full XP for all 500?