EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Raynard_sl

shitlord
You can delete a heroic character on live and get the slot back as well. Only the first one gets the plat though, so throw it in shared bank before you delete the first one.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So going to be making my chars tonight. Do I need to get gold to utilize all those free AA? Gonna 2 box and looking for advice on class. Will be Fionia Vie Server Whidon and Whidona unless names are taken somehow.

I love Necros back in the day. How do they compare now? any good 2 box combos with Necro?

Could anyone maybe give me a run down on the state of classes? I don't really care about Melee DPS as I hate playing them. Almost certinly going to do a healer, but interested in info about Bard, ENC, Druid, Shaman, NEC, and maybe SK or monk?
I main a Necro and I use a druid when I'm feeling non lazy and want to box. As a necro though, unless a named mob shits out adds in a fight, you can molo anything in game. Same goes for mages, a nec and mage would be a unstoppable duo and you can finish anything you wish. Sham, bard, druid... anything that isnt a melee works well with the necro. I ended up going with druid for the extra heals when needed for my pet, ports, ds and mega ds(7k ds), fire debuffs, many many aa toys and they have an amazing spell that turns any mob into a plant type and that gives necro a dot that is just MASSIVE damage. Bard is great for ds, haste, resists, debuffs, pulling if you don't want to take the time with the nec to do it and added damage for burns. Shamans offer just as much help with buffs and spot heals for the pets but I would still go with druid. Tracking isnt needed but sure as shit helps.

Bard would be the best if you just want to set it to auto follow and forget. I would still go with druid though if I were to start all over.

Railin_sl

shitlord
Im going to try a necro, and my friend is going to play a bard. Wheres the best place to start at 85? I see Feerot is popular. I see my order of spell casting at 85 is

Soul Reaper's Pyre Rk II
Reaver's Pyre
Mortal Coil Rk II
Ignite Energy Rk II
Slitheren Venom Rk II
Ashengate Pyre Rk II
Felid's Pallid Haze Rk II
Anathema of Life Rk II
Dread Pyre
Scorching Shadow Rk II
Exigency for Blood Rk II (used to pull or try for extra DPS)
Greater Immobilize (used with/around Pestilent Paralysis)

Do you have any other tips to a noob necro?

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
I went Druid + necro also. Seems like a nice combo, Druid looks very impressive actually!

For a newb necro, I have not played more then 30mins since 08 but its always been essentially the same.

You have 2 main Solo Docrtines

1. Aggro kite, Rog pet and it seems they pull aggro easier now. use 5-6 Dots, come up with a rotation youll want High dmg per tick like Funeral Pyre line (the fire based Dots are your best typically. The "curse" line, fast/high dmg poison. Along with a cpl long duration perhaps. The huge amount of spell slots make it easier. Keep up a tap and a DD.

2. Root Dot, this sounds much less efficient but it's actually very, very good. used for when no room to kite, just root it then rotation your dots like above.

For groups you want to specialize, knowing your spells is very important here, however the mass of spell slots should make it easier. Avoiding pulling aggro, along with understanding how long the first will last (hence how efficient/effective your DoTs are compared to DD) is Key.

Learn to use FD, A necro can pull as well as anyone and in general FD is like god-tier skill. otherwise there is way more to it, and maybe someone else can explain better, but really if you semi grasp what I listed youll start learning the nuances and increasing find out how EQ necro is the most amazing DPS class ever.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
So i went Necro (whidona) + Druids (Corris) I am on FV if anyone wants to hit me up for groups.

Never Multi box beyond eve before. I can either Window EQ or use my laptop However it feels really weird, I don't see a good way to duo the two as Aggro kiting seems difficult using two chars. Any tips/advice for Dual boxing would begreatly appreciated!

back in EQ, after seeing how shit ESO pve is... feels good man

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Just to see what it was about, I changed my old mage main to the legends 85 thingie. Holy hell I think I need an advanced degree just to figure out the itemization. I went from PoP items to the legends 85 items, the stat sheet takes up the entire screen.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Just focus on Hit Points and focus effects for caster gear. Everything else can basically be ignored and you can look at it as a giant "+gooder" sheet.

Fiyero_sl

shitlord
With this heroic character thing, can you create a heroic on a live server and copy it over to test if you play there? Or just create it on test?

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Last time I logged onto EQ there was just so many AA's and gems/stones (?) it was completely overwhelming. When I think of EQ I essentially want MMO at in its simplest form. If a person were to grab one of these heroic characters how frustrating would be to actually take part in the game?
I logged in, upped my character and it added all kinds of shit to my screen. I pressed a bunch of the buttons, had no idea what they did, and logged off lol.

Mystrak_sl

shitlord
With this heroic character thing, can you create a heroic on a live server and copy it over to test if you play there? Or just create it on test?
If you create one on live or up a existing character, you can't make one on test nor transfer the heroic to test. If you primarily play test just make it there.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
If anyone can copy over to test and give me some of the new rare items, I would be super happy. Ive done sso many missions that my eyes are bleeding.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
So, I've recently started in on the Oceangreen Hills quest line to get the nice aug that's the end reward. I'm doing this with my five boxes. On four of them, I managed to completed "Reduce the Risk" and "Does This Look Infected?" and then advanced to the next quest in the line. However, on my ranger, when I hail the quest giver, I'm only given the option of repeating the quest I already did. It's not allowing me to advance. I've repeated them to see if it would reset and did other quests that I could get, but nothing.

The only difference is that the ranger originally did some of these quests by himself. In fact, he was previously able to do "Faces for the Nameless" which is one of the next quests -- now it doesn't let me get that.

Has anyone run across something like this, whether specific or general? Is there any way to fix this or reset? I logged a bug but is there anywhere I can request a reset or fix. Does being on Test screw me for getting any customer support? I used to play on Test from 2000-2003 and while devs would help from time to time the official line was that there was no support.

Any ideas or thoughts?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I'm trying to work the monk channel. So far, no one has shared any phat loots to /testcopy. Will keep working my magic - the tank mask (25% hate bonus, all/all) and weapons are particularly what I care about atm.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
So, I've recently started in on the Oceangreen Hills quest line to get the nice aug that's the end reward. I'm doing this with my five boxes. On four of them, I managed to completed "Reduce the Risk" and "Does This Look Infected?" and then advanced to the next quest in the line. However, on my ranger, when I hail the quest giver, I'm only given the option of repeating the quest I already did. It's not allowing me to advance. I've repeated them to see if it would reset and did other quests that I could get, but nothing.

The only difference is that the ranger originally did some of these quests by himself. In fact, he was previously able to do "Faces for the Nameless" which is one of the next quests -- now it doesn't let me get that.

Has anyone run across something like this, whether specific or general? Is there any way to fix this or reset? I logged a bug but is there anywhere I can request a reset or fix. Does being on Test screw me for getting any customer support? I used to play on Test from 2000-2003 and while devs would help from time to time the official line was that there was no support.

Any ideas or thoughts?
Two things...

1.) some quests are repeatable, some are not. So if you ranger did some of these in the past you may have to start where he left off....You may be seeing the first quest again because that one is repeatable. I am not familiar with OceanGreen Hills in particular but I experienced a bit of this myself.
2.) If it really is a bug, which is entirely possible on the test server....it's possible you may get help but might not be likely. Sometimes if you did some of those things on live BEFORE you testcopied, you may be screwed. They do tend to watch bugs and such on test, especially if many people submit them, but with something this specific and involving a testcopy they probably will not do anything about it.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Two things...

1.) some quests are repeatable, some are not. So if you ranger did some of these in the past you may have to start where he left off....You may be seeing the first quest again because that one is repeatable. I am not familiar with OceanGreen Hills in particular but I experienced a bit of this myself.
2.) If it really is a bug, which is entirely possible on the test server....it's possible you may get help but might not be likely. Sometimes if you did some of those things on live BEFORE you testcopied, you may be screwed. They do tend to watch bugs and such on test, especially if many people submit them, but with something this specific and involving a testcopy they probably will not do anything about it.
I started this guy on test so no worries of a testcopy issue. I figure I'll just wait a while and see what happens. Kind of a bummer, but at least my SK (whose quest is not bugged) will end up being my tank when he gets higher level so it's not as annoying.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Is there a general purpose to loading up on a server other than test, if you dont intend to raid?
If you actually want to group with people? From what I've heard, the heavy populated live servers still have a decent population but might still be hard to find groups in the lower levels and I would guess the higher level scene is a lot more active.

Oh and economy if you care about that.