EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
I'm just starting up on Test as a cleric called Barnaby. I've test copied and some generous guy tossed me 1 mil plat (never even saw that much back in my hardcore days!) but I can't find any gear in the bazaar. If anyone has any hobbit cleric gear knocking around I'd appreciate it!

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm just starting up on Test as a cleric called Barnaby. I've test copied and some generous guy tossed me 1 mil plat (never even saw that much back in my hardcore days!) but I can't find any gear in the bazaar. If anyone has any hobbit cleric gear knocking around I'd appreciate it!
Yoooooo can I have some of that 1 million plat for hiring mercs? >_>

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Hit me up when I'm online and I'll give you a piece
wink.png

wink.png

wink.png

Orcus_sl

shitlord
LoS right? Assling cleric named barnaby, faint bells ringing.

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
Nope I was on MT a druid called Tilluin. Barnaby was just a random choice for this assling cleric.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
You probably will want to keep your own character model set to TRUE though, otherwise you will not be able to use mounts.
Unless ofcourse, you've gotten your hands on some sort of Skeleton/froggy/vah shir illusion item, which allows you to use mounts even when having them, elementals and models all turned off.

Being a rogue/enchanter/bard gives you a permanent illusion AA in PoP or GoD, one that never fades on zoning. Otherwise, just ask an enchanter in your raid to give you something.

Froggy = Guktan.

Dalnoth_sl

shitlord
What's the name of the DoT focus? Looking at Lucy the best I could determine is they got one around 70ish and it was never upgraded.

Wasinai's Palm of Potency
andSiavonn's Psalm of Potencywork on Fire/Magic DoT which is approx 50-70% of a necros damage 90+ (Sorry im not a necro expert on the particulars but I have a pretty good idea of how much of where their damage comes from.) But this also stacks with the 40% Over-cap damage you'd receive fromAria of Va'Ker/Orator, which is really what is OP about bards right now. What you'd want to play for a 4 song twist for a Mage/Necro group is

1.) Aria of Va'ker/Orator
2.) Wasinai's Palm
3.) Arcane Aria (Addtional Nuke on cast)
4.) Daevan's Aura (Fire Focus overcap damage)

The Dauntless One_sl said:
Thanks for the offer, do you mind hooking me up with some gear so I can /testcopy?
Not at all, i'm actually considering twinking something out and coming to play with you guys. What level are you all? If im not on EQ, Try sending a tell to Eq2.antonia_bayle.Misterploww and i'll pop over to EQ1 tonight and find some stuff for you.

If anyone hates the new particle effects like I do too, You can actually turn on the original Particle effects that launched with EQ.

Patch EQ like normal and before you click play, Delete these 2 files from your EQ directory.

.../everquest/spellsnew.edd
.../everquest/spellsnew.eff

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
For someone who asked about gear earlier. I just use what I find along the way. Decided to stick with the pally and he only has a couple pieces of test stuff left at 53. I have been doing the daily quest for the belt/shoulder/cloak guy outside the lobby first and kill some stuff in that zone or head to sol a till 30, then Great divide tizmaks till 35 or so then kodiak cave to 40. Then kaesora, guk, solb and i was 50 in like 3 or 4 hours or so with a bunch of defiant and augs. Each zone drops a 1 or 2 level appropriate augs from what i can tell also so its fun just bouncing around the old zones and seeing what i come up with. YMMV of course.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
Someone already mentioned... defiant gear is not activated on the progression server yet.

For someone who asked about gear earlier. I just use what I find along the way. Decided to stick with the pally and he only has a couple pieces of test stuff left at 53. I have been doing the daily quest for the belt/shoulder/cloak guy outside the lobby first and kill some stuff in that zone or head to sol a till 30, then Great divide tizmaks till 35 or so then kodiak cave to 40. Then kaesora, guk, solb and i was 50 in like 3 or 4 hours or so with a bunch of defiant and augs. Each zone drops a 1 or 2 level appropriate augs from what i can tell also so its fun just bouncing around the old zones and seeing what i come up with. YMMV of course.
Where is this daily quest guy? I haven't played EQ in so long everything is so foreign to me.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
Franklin Teek or something like that right outside the guild lobby, says hot zones i believe for his title.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
So for the progession guild, theres nothing wrong with using defiant gear to level up to 65, is there?
You can level up in whatever you'd like so long as you remember to remove the out of era gear before raids.

Dalnoth_sl

shitlord
Im going to test copy my main (cleric) tomorrow if anyone wants me to bring them something from a populated server yell. I have access to pretty much everything.