EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
How difficult would this be to get into as a new player? Obviously, I played EQ pretty extensively up through PoP(played heavily until Velious, kinda skipped Luclin), but quit just shortly after LDoN. I've been pretty bored lately and decided to maybe mess around. I'm not really interested in multi-boxing or anything fancy, but if the game is a real PITA as a new player, without a second/third/etc. account, I'll probably pass.
Shit is super easy now. Just get a merc and go afk lol

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I finally have time to play again. Anyone besides the people in TFO still play on Test? I've noticed that Hot Cheetos and Takis' roster has been sort of empty.
I'll be back on my level 100 Death Squad when they get around to releasing the rest of the expansion. I completed about all of the single group content in February and there wasn't any reason to stick around.

Tihm, Rukkas, Pulson- HOT CHEETOS & TAKIS!

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
To anyone who has done the Shawl 2.0 quest before: Is there any way to stop the magma meter on the last Convorteum part from aggroing a 30+ mob train in between point three and four? I've failed four times now because every time at the same spot it warps beneath the world for a second and aggros half the zone.

On a side note, I can't believe this was considered "group" content at level 85. Even without the bug the majority of full groups at 100 playing this game would not be able to complete this.

Titan_sl

shitlord
Underfoot was rape man. We were pretty boss geared(Full Tower+good amount of Pre-Con UF raid gear) and we still took 6 /w 2-3 bots into zone to make it easier on us. Was fun though

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
anyone able to copy over a few sets of lvl 80 gear? please
smile.png
smile.png

Krozman

N00b
To anyone who has done the Shawl 2.0 quest before: Is there any way to stop the magma meter on the last Convorteum part from aggroing a 30+ mob train in between point three and four? I've failed four times now because every time at the same spot it warps beneath the world for a second and aggros half the zone.

On a side note, I can't believe this was considered "group" content at level 85. Even without the bug the majority of full groups at 100 playing this game would not be able to complete this.
When it was current content we set aside time as a guild and just cleared the entire area.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
anyone able to copy over a few sets of lvl 80 gear? please
smile.png
smile.png
Look out for Armorsupersales or Chearleader, he sells full sets of Abstruse (the 80-85 visible armour from Feerrott 2) for 100k and dread motes are kicking around on there in their thousands to fill all the non vis slots at 30 motes per slot.

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
Underfoot was rape man. We were pretty boss geared(Full Tower+good amount of Pre-Con UF raid gear) and we still took 6 /w 2-3 bots into zone to make it easier on us. Was fun though
It may have been rape, but we had fun ;P I miss our old Volska Husk charm groups.

Grimson_sl

shitlord
If you can stand it, try to get to 85 and just buy the glowing reis from Bazaar and skip the Abstruse. Quest guy in PoK turns the glowing reis into some decent armor, think around t2/t3 hot quality. Just made it to 85 myself and got the 2 AC tomes bringing AC over 6k with the glowing reis set(forgot what armor is called Blood sumtin)

Fazana_sl

shitlord
At 85 you could get the Rustic stuff from the Baz as well to make class specific visibles and can get to Argrath from the Guild Portal or Steamfont. Both are viable options, especially in spots where the baz might not have one. I bought up 5 slots of SK rustic at the weekend and had the rest filled in by guildies.

What AC tomes are you referring to? I'm only just over 5k AC with my gear which is full rustic visible but mostly lvl 80 mote gear in non vis and up to lvl 80 ish solo campable AC augs in each slot so you are miles ahead.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bard room some people in TFO did in Guild Hall. Thought it was pretty awesome.

Spoiler for size.

EQ000009.png

EQ000007.png

Grimson_sl

shitlord
Have never seen the Rustic for sale in bazaar so i figured it was no drop, are all tiers of the VoA group armor tradeable?
I was referring to lvl 85 warrior tomes " field armorer +220 AC & Bracing defense +520 AC", i do have a bunch of 30+ augs and other decent non-visibles from dream motes, so that's probably the difference.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
The final combine is no-trade but you can buy the parts you need to make tier 1 from the baz and Yuan, the armour merchant in Argath.
For example the SK breastplate needed the "Rustic Stole of Argath" (10k on baz) + Osmium Breastplate pattern (was also 10k) and Necrotic Agent (10k from Yuan) combined in a Relic (about 1100pp from Yuan)

It looks like it's not a huge improvement on the gear you mentioned, I'd not heard of that, but the focuses for each class etc will be much nicer and it's not as if plat on the Test server is hard to come by. I mentioned in my guild the other day I was down to 100k or so and I had a million in my parcel box a few minutes later. At one copy every 8 hours some people have so much PP it's like zimbabwe dollars.

Much better info can be found atVeil_of_Alaris_Armor_Guide

Aha, I see what you mean now, I thought it was an item or a quest but its a war only endurance based skills. Thanks for answering, thought I'd missed something good!

I still have quite a bit of junk on FV but you need to be gold to baz sell it, might throw a months sub on just to get enough PP sorted so that I never need to worry about it again.

Grimson_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the guide, i haven't even been to VoA zones yet. I can barely kill a blue in Ferroott or HoT so i figured i would get stomped in VoA.
It is crazy how much plat is on test but the bazaar is empty, be nice if it was like FV. Not sure why they would want to limit gear so much, dont they want us to test these things. I'm just going to wait for 92 to upgrade again, hopefully my lvl 85 gear will last a few more lvls.