EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Alluvia, Harfle, Jorren, and myself have been on in the last few days playing. Pop into rerolled:trannies. We congregate there usually. I'll be on in a few hours myself. See you there perhaps!

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
I play every morning till about noonish on the weekdays. Always need some more dps or heals or leechin mofos. Nylab on test and always in the rerolled channel. East coast time zone

Dr Neir

Trakanon Raider
Ya wasnt sure if you hated the story or the noob. Another thing to point out in that time was someone at lvl 31+ and didnt understand who could do what in what class. At lease those wanting SOW learned fast who could cast it. Leads into the area of ebay'er or account trading. The other was players wanting to roleplay, not sure if this was an RP server in core but that will push others to start getting nasty with leet speakers.
What I normally saw were leet's jumping to zone channel (ooc) to bash the player not helping them which started a WHOLE new hell for the noob/leet'er.

Needless

Toe Sucker
is MQ2 still unable to use warp and what not these days? I'm to lazy to run 3 characters around *sniffle*

Needless

Toe Sucker
I figured, it seems its been quite awhile since thats been easily detected now. I wish i could remember the name of who hooked me up with the mmobugs compile on the old boards haha, sure makes it easier to play when you dont have to worry about your healer character~

Xequecal

Trump's Staff
Running MQ is very difficult now, they scan for it and you can't hide it by running a Windows Virtual Machine anymore, running EQ on a VMed operating system is also an instant ban.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Same as always, the only people I see banned are people being absolute fucktards with it. AFK botting in the middle of paw, come the fuck on.

It was hilariously blatant on prog before warp was shut down though. Warping onto named I'm fighting over and over, "oh I was invisible!" Uh huh, banned two days later. Taunting Nagefen from the zoneline. Very funny bro, but that shows in logs, enjoy your ban. And the tards we had that killed Venril 30 seconds after Kunark opened when the kill gets broadcasted to the entire server. Genius move, way to almost get us all suspended.

Without warp, people can't use MQ to actively fuck with other people nearly as much so, good riddance. The funny thing is, the worst enemy of someone abusing MQ is another MQ user, because they can see exactly what you are up to and if you fuck with them odds are you are going to eat a ban.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Same as always, the only people I see banned are people being absolute fucktards with it. AFK botting in the middle of paw, come the fuck on.

It was hilariously blatant on prog before warp was shut down though. Warping onto named I'm fighting over and over, "oh I was invisible!" Uh huh, banned two days later. Taunting Nagefen from the zoneline. Very funny bro, but that shows in logs, enjoy your ban. And the tards we had that killed Venril 30 seconds after Kunark opened. Genius move, way to almost get us all suspended.

Without warp, people can't use MQ to actively fuck with other people nearly as much so, good riddance. The funny thing is, the worst enemy of someone abusing MQ is another MQ user, because they can see exactly what you are up to and if you fuck with them odds are you are going to eat a ban.
This MQ shit actually ruined my last EQ run. I did do a lot of AFK AA'ing in The Hole, right at the stone door there's a great spot with 2 guards that pop very quickly. And then later in Paw.

Everywhere else I went (esp Paw) had bot groups. Plane of Fire was the worst because not only did I have to deal with bots, but fucking SK and Rangers pulling the entire zone on me for their once an hour AA pull.

I never really understood the need to outright cheat in EQ. AFK killing is legal now, and incredibly easy to use to get back to the point where you can do legit grouping

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
get home and test is going down
frown.png

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh yeah, Burned woods story and the followup. The entire Solusek Ro was laughing for a few months on the count of that guy. Too bad Sol Ro boards aren't saved anywhere, the fun we had.. priceless.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The Burned Woods incident was instantly apart of the EQ legacy and lore when it happened. There were some real mentally handicapped people that made a go of it in EQ. Which is hilarious, because it is akin to a kid stricken with Polio deciding to run a marathon. EQ was fucking brutal, lol.

"Where's Burned Woods?", Fancy's Adventures, and the Uber Guild drama's are what made EQ a living and breathing world, and not just some run of the mill "single player online game" that we see today (hi GW2). Fucking qwerty... not knowing about that story would be saying you lived in New York and not knowing that 9-11 happened.

Word

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Taunting Nagefen from the zoneline. Very funny bro, but that shows in logs, enjoy your ban. And the tards we had that killed Venril 30 seconds after Kunark opened when the kill gets broadcasted to the entire server. Genius move, way to almost get us all suspended.
It's about time you at least admitted it. Your PR spin was almost as bad as your hacking during your stay at the top.

Where are you progression 3.0?

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's about time you at least admitted it. Your PR spin was almost as bad as your hacking during your stay at the top.

Where are you progression 3.0?
What do you mean, it's about time? The denials ended when the person ate a ban, confirming the assumption. We didn't collectively plan and participate in that stupidity, it was one person and he was banned for it. The only thing denied was knowing about it. It sure as hell wasn't something we sat around as a guild talking about beforehand. And in the scheme of things, one Venril kill was absolutely meaningless. We gained nothing from it. But of course, bitter nerds will point to that one kill and go "see, they hack EVERYTHING!"

I said it was stupid two years ago, there is no "about time" to it. I'm not one to blindly root for the home team.

That said, I have no idea what other hacking you could be talking about. That's just the usual hater bullshit spewed about #1 because we won the Trakanon HT KS wars. Every log showed both sides had harm touches landing at the same time, we just had higher level SKs and more of them. ISBoxer is allowed. And don't even try to pretend that our "competition" didn't have plenty of hating shitbags that would train and killsteal and warp mobs onto us, because it happened to me at almost every VP key camp. Hell, we were going to rotate Trakanon. Our minds were changed when a few individuals spent their day KSing our people at camps and talking shit and posting Damdor's mother's home phone number in general chat and more. Blame those assbags, and blame their guild leaders for doing nothing about it. A few individuals made your guilds impossible to deal with. We LIKED The Faceless, up until 20 of them walked into our five hour old Innoruuk camp and /petitioned to get us removed from the zone. What exactly did they expect from us after that?

But all of that shit is meaningless. Early on TLP was so laughably trivial that the first AOW was killed in like 6 minutes without a single death and not one scrap of Velious gear. That should tell you how broken the game was and how little all that shit mattered. The stat and spell system was completely revamped in TSS and everything through Luclin was made a joke as a result. And yet people are asking for another round of progression with even longer time locks, even though the current one still has 3 years of shit to go through, and despite knowing that the entire "classic" era EQ is completely broken with modern code and they aren't going to fix that shit when they barely have enough people to make new content.

I won't be doing it again anyway. I learned that I could have just as easily waited until OOW to even start playing and I would have been in the top guild inside of a month. There was no reason to even subject myself to that shitty classic EQ nonsense. I only did it so I could make connections and come back now and see stuff I didn't already do once.

And lol at "during our stay at the top." When wasn't EOE at the top? EoE has experienced raid leaders and a core of veteran endgame raiders. The other Vulak guilds did not. That is why EoE was at the top, not because someone warped to Venril one fucking time.

Zacx_sl

shitlord
yeah it kinda sucks how everything was made completely trivial thanks to skill/stat/spell revamps

defensive and offensive skills are completely different now to what they were back in the day.
I can compare my character on Fippy vs my character on EQMac and the stats are WAY different

ah well, it's a shame all that original code is lost and any 'progression' servers are totally shitty and inaccurate :<