EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Tide27_sl

shitlord
What server other than test has the highest population?
Darn sure isnt Trakanon. Logged over there after hearing about a progression guilds and noticed there was only 37 people in general chat. Decided to check population with a /who 1 20 all, 21 40 all etc....and wound up getting approx only 70 people online total.

Cazic seems ok so far.

Hinadurus_sl

shitlord
Before I came to Test I was on Luclin. I dunno actual numbers but it is noticeably more populated than Test.

Test can feel extremely lonely until you find a guild or group of friends to hang with. The game feels totally different to me now that I've joined a guild and have become actively social.

Slyminxy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just a heads up, rumor is Test will be consolidated into live servers sometime this year. They will allow transfers off to live realms.
Yeah, I'm sure the live servers will suffer no problem getting influx of infinite cash, 350 Ranger legendary bows and god knows what else that Test has accumulated over the years
wink.png
The rumor has been around for long, but just imagine how gamebreaking it would all be if Test was incorporated into the real realms.z

Oh yeah.. I have a cleric as well I could testcopy and de-level. Just gotta find her some gear. Except for the Water Sprinkler of Nem-Akh and Epic 2.0 shield, she's barren as a 90year old whore.

Currently playing on Luclin...payed the cashed for a shaman but really wish I rolled a fucking monk. I'm going to wait a little bit longer before I decide if I want to upgrade to a gold account.

if anyone is NOT interested in progression and just wants to play the game message anyone in the guild "hot cheetos and takis" for a tag. There are a lot of people from RR in that guild. We are really casual and mainly just group with each other.

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
I remember hearing that mages are OP as fuck. Not sure on specifics though.
Mage pets are excellent tanks and they're able to do molo what other setups have to two box. Mages give you dps + tanking. This allows you to fill 2/3 roles needed to tackle content. The merc adds healing, bringing you up to 3 with just 1 char. The only other setup that gives the same is necros, but necros are less easy to play so people don't talk about them though they are better in a lot of ways. For example, mages are shit at pulling so people end up two boxing in the end. Necros don't have that problem.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Holy crap, boxing a bard is easier than ever. /melody and go afk let their merc heal or what ever.

I can't Decide on SK / Mage / Bard, or SK / Nec / Bard.

Do you need a whole ton of AA on a mage before their pets could be considered on par tank wise with a J1 Merc?

I think overall having the ability for the Mage to have a pet tank + mage dps + 2 Dps merc's with one heal merc would be better than Merc tank / merc heal / merc dps with SK / Nec / bard.

EtadanikM_sl

shitlord
Holy crap, boxing a bard is easier than ever. /melody and go afk let their merc heal or what ever.

I can't Decide on SK / Mage / Bard, or SK / Nec / Bard.

Do you need a whole ton of AA on a mage before their pets could be considered on par tank wise with a J1 Merc?

I think overall having the ability for the Mage to have a pet tank + mage dps + 2 Dps merc's with one heal merc would be better than Merc tank / merc heal / merc dps with SK / Nec / bard.
Mage pets are shit till about level 75. Also, you have a SK, why do you need a pet / merc tank? The biggest weakness of your setup is the lack of a player healer, not the lack / availability of a pet tank. The biggest difference you're going to have between nec vs. mag is that you need less aoe healing when you go nec, which given that you have no player healer, is the better option. Still, provided you want to do old raid content at all, you need a player healer.

Troll_sl

shitlord
Yeah. Either drop the SK and pick up a shaman or cleric, or drop the mage and pick up a shaman or druid, imo.

Eggplant_sl

shitlord
What are the odds of EQ reverting bards to where they can AE kite again? Doesn't seem too OP now compared to headshot and swarming. That was always fun and challenging, although I died more than it was worth trying it whenever Velious came out on Stromm. Some guys were pretty good at it though.

Also, what is the risk of your characters on Test being wiped? I'd rather go there for the fast exp. I've got 3 chars all with J1 mercs and it's been fun.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think test has been wiped once and that was in like 2002. So I don't see it happening(not counting some completely out of the blue decision just to piss people off).

Surprisingly this game is a lot of fun still even with all of the changes, I enjoy the whole tutorial and Crescent Reach starting area! Is duo'n allowed or is that a bannable offense, I mean do they even care?