EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Have both of your high levels get a healer merc. Put DS on both of them. Pull a bunch of mobs & bring them to where you set up camp. Sit down so you take some damage, and it forces your healer mercs to heal you and build some aggro. Healer mercs tank mobs with dmg shield on, and keep themselves alive. Bard stands outside of group and hits all the mobs with low level AOE dmg bard song. Bard gets all of the exp.

Be sure to do this in zones where mobs dont run when low on health.

My preferred places are:

25-40 Blightfire Moors (hot zone), northeast skeleton camp. Fast respawn and lots of them.
40-46 City of Mist, whole zone
46-60 Plane of Disease (hot zone), whole zone
60-65 Crypt of Decay, whole zone.

I usually get some AA in Plane of Disease immediately upon hitting 51. You can easily get 500+ AAs with a lesson burn in 3-4 pulls on a normal server. Even better on test server. To prolong your lesson, camp your bard out between pulls.
Working like a charm so far. Thank you! I'm just pulling mobs with my mage and then doing the bard aoe song to snag all the exp as they kill themselves on the mage ds. Haven't even logged in the necro to help, yet. Where would you recommend at 65+?

Thanks also to Rangoth and Agraza. Set my merc to main tank and now he helps out if the bard gets some random aggro.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
You can use that technique in crypt of decay until either 67 or 72 (it's been a few years, can't remember which) and as many AA as you can stomach. I did this when max level was 85 and would pull the whole zone in two pulls. 1st pull was all of the rats in their cave system and 2nd pull was everything else in the zone. Think I wanted to try PoFire after that but at 85 the cleric mercs had trouble staying up vs the size of pulls that would make it worthwhile, might work better nowadays.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Thanks for the suggestions, I ended up making an SK for my 3rd. He is now 50. So now my core group will consist of SK, Shaman, Ranger. I have the ranger parked at 81 in PoF where he has been head shotting for the last 1500 AA or so. So I will now commence to using the ranger to PL the SK and the Shaman (69 with 300AA). I figure it will be boring as fuck, but I can get huge levels and AA there. Im hoping everyone will have around 2K AA when I finally leave there.

BTW, can anyone explain this SK swarming? How to do it and where? What AAs I need, gear etc...

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
For starters you need the SK Epic 2.0, Mortal Coil and Soul Abrasion AAs, Visage of Death is probably the 3rd most important. But you need all the basic stuff maxed out as well (CA, CD, ND, magic damage/crit, etc), plus riposte AAs.

Basically every time you kill a mob Mortal Coil heals you for 25% (increased by Soul Abrasion and Visage), as well as buffs your AC and some other stats I believe. So you can pull a crap ton of mobs (the more AA/gear you have the harder mobs) and kill them through a combo of riposte, damage shields, etc and just keep self healing yourself.

That's the basics for someone who doesn't play an SK, check out evilgamer.net forums for locations.

Narac01

Trakanon Raider
Mortal Coil has a 25% chance to proc on a killing blow of a light blue+ mob. This gives you a buff that increases your AC and gives all your melee attacks a healing component (heals for like 30-40% of dmg done). With spell casting reinforcement (iirc this is the one that extends beneficial buffs), the proc lasts like 2 minutes+. There is a small chance you can also proc a debuff that prevents you from getting Mortal Coil again, but it's duration isn't extended, so it only lasts a minute.

You can also start once you have epic 1.5, it's just not as strong, but it means you maybe don't pull as much. Technically you can start around 71 in the hole at the temple.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a backpack full of 10 charge EXP pots on FV.
biggrin.png

biggrin.png

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You guys don't need to buy them or payback in any way. I would be happy to arrange a time to let you /testcopy them over. It really only works for new characters you create on FV though, because once copied to Test they become no-drop.

PM me if you want.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
You guys don't need to buy them or payback in any way. I would be happy to arrange a time to let you /testcopy them over. It really only works for new characters you create on FV though, because once copied to Test they become no-drop.

PM me if you want.
Let me get in on this deal!!?

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider

PM me if you want.
Oh man, wish I would have seen this before rolling my bard box a few days ago! Awesome gesture of you. Thanks for helping people out.

Stench

Golden Knight of the Realm
I have a set of holgresh elder beads on EQ Live - Bertoxxulous, they worth anything these days? I think I have a few other semi rares like them (AON etc).

Titan_sl

shitlord
Anyone know a good site aside from Player Auctions to sell an account? Thinking about selling my druid box on Fippy heh

Rush

Silver Knight of the Realm
I have a set of holgresh elder beads on EQ Live - Bertoxxulous, they worth anything these days? I think I have a few other semi rares like them (AON etc).
Pretty sure they still hold some value because they can be a reward from turning in a gold ticket. Everyone wants the mount from the ticket, so they buy the LORE rewards and force the game to give them the mount.

HAMsmith_sl

shitlord
My group is a 66 Mage (150 AA), 65 SHM (200 AA), 62 Mage (50 AA). I had been using 66 tank, 65 cleric, 62 tank mercs. I think I'll switch to 66 cleric, 65 wiz, 62 wiz mercs for shits and giggles and fun and profit.

I'm doing this in Sunderrock on test. Is there a better place to get AA's primarily and secondarily level up the 62 mage? Prior to Sunderrock I did Blackfeather till my eyes bled harpy juice.