EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

I have 12 ceremonials I'll also let someone testcopy over. If you connect with Flight and then myself at the right time, that's 22 10 charge 100% exp pots. Fucking dickload of EXP. When I'm on test, I'm inrerolled:trannies. Pop in, tell me who you are, and I can log to live and give you some ceremonials as well. I PL'd a ranger to 93 and 2.5k aa in like 2 weeks with the potions. I can HS some shit / swarm some shit for anyone needing exp. Hit me up

Saban_sl

shitlord
My group is a 66 Mage (150 AA), 65 SHM (200 AA), 62 Mage (50 AA). I had been using 66 tank, 65 cleric, 62 tank mercs. I think I'll switch to 66 cleric, 65 wiz, 62 wiz mercs for shits and giggles and fun and profit.

I'm doing this in Sunderrock on test. Is there a better place to get AA's primarily and secondarily level up the 62 mage? Prior to Sunderrock I did Blackfeather till my eyes bled harpy juice.
name on test? get the second mage to 65 and i can help you out.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
As for merc tanks, they start dropping off in effectiveness in the low 60s and it's not until level 81 before they become viable again in comparison to other options. They were beefed up for that awful Underfoot expansion iirc. They might not be so great in the low 90s comparatively but I believe they have been buffed up recently for the 95+ range.

HAMsmith_sl

shitlord
I tend to fly under the radar in game as I usually only have around 45 minutes to an hour to play these days. Good point about at least joining chat though.

Fixle - 63 Mag
Fizzynip - 66 Mag
Geoid - 65 Shm

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So havent played in awhile and not as much time due to work. Is it better to just play on test now for the xp bonus? Enough people there to group with etc?

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
Just transferred my ranger over to test. I haven't really played since GoD, What is the best start for a 71 ranger with maybe 200 AA's to his name?

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
Just transferred my ranger over to test. I haven't really played since GoD, What is the best start for a 71 ranger with maybe 200 AA's to his name?
Try to find or start a group in dragonscale hills. You can get nice experience, while also earning a bunch of AA from repeatable tasks in that zone. A group chain pulling the farm while doing the kill tasks will take you to level 79, at which point you can ride the headshot train all the way to lvl 100.

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Try to find or start a group in dragonscale hills. You can get nice experience, while also earning a bunch of AA from repeatable tasks in that zone. A group chain pulling the farm while doing the kill tasks will take you to level 79, at which point you can ride the headshot train all the way to lvl 100.
Some of the "daily" quests there are ridiculously easy for the AA granted too. I usually did the minotaur one every time I logged in as it's in the same zone and you don't have to fight anything. With some form of fixed invis, it's impossible to die (except that one see invis one on 2nd level).

roddo_sl

shitlord
headshot basics: max out headshot for your level. Find a zone with lightblue humanoid mobs, non summoning and snareable. Use your point blank snare/root vinelash cascade (73) to control any mobs that get to close. Root/snare and shoot your way to max aa's and levels. Its boring, tedious and very efficient. List of headshottable mobs:http://www.eqoutrider.net/eqforums/v...hp?f=30&t=5603
If ya see me on, as roddoe, i can show ya how i do C2 in fire, can even summon you. Its the best spot at 83, although C1 isn't to bad a few levels lower.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Also this:http://almarsguides.com/eq/leveling/headshot/

Headshot has a chance to proc everytime you shoot an arrow, therefore, the lowest Delay bow you can find is the best. Bow DMG is insignificant.

This is the best bow iirc:Bow of the Destroyer

On increasing headshot chance:

Increasing your dex, maxing trickshot, maxing keen blade, making sure you're hasted as well as farming an overhaste item are the best ways to increase your headshot rate. Dex increases the actual proc rate. Trickshot = more shots fired = more headshots. Keen Blade bypasses dodges to land as hits. A dodged arrow can't proc a headshot. Stat cap increasing aa's as well as shaman focus are two ways to increase your dex if you don't plan to level. It doesn't have to be heroic dex.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I have all those AAs maxxed for my level. Also my dex is maxed with, I think, 25 heroic dex as well. Not sure on the heroic dex without checking but I have basically tier 1 HoT bazaar bought gear in all slots. also I tried to farm that bow a few times and all the times I went to NToV the mob was not up. I think it gets routinely farmed for that bow. So I have been using the clockwork bow which is the one that I have with the lowest delay.

No, I understand how to headshot, I just did not know I could level all the way to 100 with it. I have been doing the C2 thing in POF for a while now, I have about 1300AA (Lv82)so far. I have been also leveling my alts there. I have a Shaman that is 70, 500AA now, and my new SK that just dinged 64 with 55AA there last night. I basically just leave the 2 alts AFK and pull massive headshot trains.

So what zones do you go to after PoF to actually level? again im 82 right now. I was considering staying in PoF untill I get 2000AA and my 2 alts are caught up.

Evernothing

Look at the first link in my post. I tells you where to go at various levels / ranks to HS. Between lvl 83 and 87 there is a bit of a lull. Once you make it to rank 18 it is great again though.

sl4ck3r_sl

shitlord
At 85 I did minotaurs in DSH. Wasn't nearly as efficient as C2 though. I only leveled up because C2 was god damn nearly always camped. So far every time I've logged in on FV, mino's have been open. My 71 mage w/100+ aa's gets roughly 45 aa's during a lesson there.

Also, I've been told that EQ's autofire's efficiency caps around a delay of 24 or 25? Is that even true?

Heartbrand_sl

shitlord
As for merc tanks, they start dropping off in effectiveness in the low 60s and it's not until level 81 before they become viable again in comparison to other options. They were beefed up for that awful Underfoot expansion iirc. They might not be so great in the low 90s comparatively but I believe they have been buffed up recently for the 95+ range.
Underfoot was the best expansion they had in years, it was the most challenging the game had been since GoD. HoT took it back to ezmode all raids finished in two months after release with months of farm status and blah.

Evernothing

I have read that Autofire adds a delay of 0.2 seconds. Posts on the official forums and EQoutrider seem to confirm there is a noticeable advantage of the Bow of the Destroyer over 25 delay bows.

Is it worth the time to camp it? Probably not. It can be purchased easily on FV though.

Saban_sl

shitlord
My SK/Monk going to need their J5 mercs soon, do i need any of the previous tiers or can i start right at J5? my warrior had J4 before i did J5, not sure if that mattered.