EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Is there a good spot to afk merc level from 75 to 80 with a double box?

I get so bored regular leveling but have no problem grindimg out AAs.

darkko_sl

shitlord
Splitpaw is good. When you get to the bridge near the entrance hop down and position one of your characters near the door. Put the other just behind him against the wall near the rock pillar. Not sure how well it will do with a two box merc set up. Occasionally, with my three mercs I would come back to being dead due to adds (someone could have trained me I suppose.) May just have to experiment and move around the corner or something.

That reminds me. Once I dinged 81 and had less than 5% to level 82 I put my AA at 100% because I knew that the mobs went green after that. Even at 100% the regular XP bar would slowly gain xp. Eventually, after a few days I dinged 82 during the night. Anyone know why that is?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It is because once you hit the AA bank cap (30 for your level), the spill over EXP goes to your normal EXP pool.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
EQ will force your XP to regular if the mobs your are killing are grey to anyone in the group.

So if you are say lvl 70 and have lvl 100 players in a group. If you kill mobs which are grey to the lvl 100's, but still green or higher to the lvl 70, it will give the lvl 70 regular XP even if they are set 100% to AA.

Nitsude_sl

shitlord
Some DPS spots have opened up in TFO. If anyone else wants to raid Deathknell at progression level cap come talk to us on Test server or thefacelessorder.com

Tigerr_sl

shitlord
I have 12 ceremonials I'll also let someone testcopy over. If you connect with Flight and then myself at the right time, that's 22 10 charge 100% exp pots. Fucking dickload of EXP. When I'm on test, I'm inrerolled:trannies. Pop in, tell me who you are, and I can log to live and give you some ceremonials as well. I PL'd a ranger to 93 and 2.5k aa in like 2 weeks with the potions. I can HS some shit / swarm some shit for anyone needing exp. Hit me up
Aren't these NO-TRADE?. Been playing Everquest 2 for awhile so not sure if they changed any of that.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
The Firiona Vie server is special in that no items have the no trade tag. Everything is tradeable and sellable for platinum. The basic idea they are using is pass the potions to a newly made character, that new character copies to test server, bringing all the potions with them. On Firiona Vie the original potions are handed back, and the copied character is then played normally on test, with their copied supply of exp pots.

Once copied to test though, items with the notrade tag once again become notrade, even if they originated on FV.

Now for my own question. Back in the day, didn't Firiona Vie cost 50$ a month to play there? Is it still a premium subscription only server or is it just another normal server now?

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Firiona Vie server is special in that no items have the no trade tag. Everything is tradeable and sellable for platinum. The basic idea they are using is pass the potions to a newly made character, that new character copies to test server, bringing all the potions with them. On Firiona Vie the original potions are handed back, and the copied character is then played normally on test, with their copied supply of exp pots.

Once copied to test though, items with the notrade tag once again become notrade, even if they originated on FV.

Now for my own question. Back in the day, didn't Firiona Vie cost 50$ a month to play there? Is it still a premium subscription only server or is it just another normal server now?
You're thinking of Stormhammer, which was the premium server. FV was just "roleplay" but anyone with a regular sub could play there.

nate_sl

shitlord
Any advice as to what to do with an 80 warrior, 80 shaman, 87 necro? Shaman and warrior have 1600 AAs, necro has 2600. Up until this point I have just had the shaman and warrior on auto follow as I slaughter LP crocs... Its starting to slow down though and I'm just plain tired of it.

The problem is that the warrior can't really tank anything that can stand up to the necro's DPS... so in order to use all 3 characters, I have to fight blue con mobs to the warrior. By the time I pull, slow, setup dots, the mob is already dead and I find that I am better off just dot kiting on the necro, with the warrior and shaman on auto follow. Its kind of pathetic, but the necro tanks much better than the warrior. Also I should mention the shaman's spell casting skills are relatively poor... anyone know a good way to quickly get them maxed?

I would really like to get them to the point where they can fight effectively in a standard group together.

roddo_sl

shitlord
your just going to need to grind out aa's and defenseive augments if ya want that tank to be viable. as far as raising skills on your shaman, your going to need to cast spells. one thing you can do if you have a programmable input device is set up a repeatable macro to cast the spells on yourself over and over again. used to be the lowest level spells in a given school would give skill ups all the way to max level. A programmable keyboard or game controller can usually be used to make macros, back in the day thats how we had to autofire as rangers.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Go to House of Thule and kill trash in the yard will doing the kill quests. Use a merc tank till you get your Warrior and Shaman caught up to the Necro. Stay there till your Warrior is fucking boss. If you are going to box a tank, you have to use it or it is a serious drain on your group setup and fun-factor.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
A tank is a black hole that consumes every minute of your play time. Shit is so overtuned that you'll be forever chasing the best obtainable items - probably one tier at a time. Or since you have a necro you can just replace the warrior with a mage pet for 1/10th the effort. I'm not sure how much of an impact the pet nerf had, but I'd guess they are still better than a warrior with less than 90% of every useful AA and groupable armor/augment.

Unfortunately my main on Vulak is a rogue. The thought of having to gear my own tank is not making me too happy and I've debated it endlessly. I've gotten away with a borrowed inactive warrior so far but the threat of having him repossessed is always present. I've gotten the guy 500 of his 750 aa, it has already reached the point where "borrowing" is more like "owning."

drop the warrior imo. the 92 and 97 nec pets even with enhanced minion 12 and the corresponding pet offensive/dfensive aa are far superior to most tanks. as kruegen said, tank-classes especially a warrior are a giant fucking timesink.

Krozman

N00b
If you're leveling in a group or solo, you will always find alternatives to using a warrior. However, by the time he becomes viable (4k+ AA and lvl 100 with gear to match) you can finally take the next step and farm all current content named, missions, etc. But thats the difference. You'll spend 3x the effort to get a little more ability. Think about what you want in the game before you go down that road.

nate_sl

shitlord
Thanks for the advice. I'm committed to the warrior. 50 AA a day is pretty doable if you just always log in, lesson, and kill for another half hour to an hour after lesson goes. Some other thoughts I had:

-Level the shaman and the necro ahead of the warrior. I could keep them 10 or so levels above the warrior, and just let him leech experience. Obviously at some point i would hit the level cap and this would become less and less effective.
-Fellowship the necro to the warrior and shaman. Focus heavy on gearing up the warrior, and hope to have them start standard grouping once the shaman and warrior catch up around level 87. I don't have any experience with fellowship, is it worth it? The necro has plenty of AAs... everything I'm getting at this point is more or less fluff.

On gearing the warrior: Will the required level 85, recommend level 90 gear that is available in the bazaar be good enough to get him tanking once he hits 85, assuming he has around 2k well spent, defensive AAs? That's what the necro wears and it seems to work pretty well. I don't have hardly any augments... the ones I do have pretty much suck and were picked up in hotzones along the way. Are there enough bazaar augments to kit him out? If not, do I just get on alla and start searching for augments I can get? Is there a site that has a nice, concise list of ones I should focus on? Any other must have gear for the warrior?

The necro has epic 1.5 but not 2.0, and no OOW robe... I figured I could probably do it with just my 3 toons once they are level 85-87. How tough is anguish?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
What about an SK? Hes almost lv 80 and has 500AA now, but I will get like 1000 more since they are coming really easily with the HS. Is he going to be viable enough to be a tank for my trio of Shaman, Ranger and SK? I would hate to spend anymore time on him if hes gonna fold as a tank for me.

Sterling

El Presidente
Played an SK during UF and HoT and he was a beast. Like others have said though you really need all your defensive AAs and gear/augs if you're going to do current content with a tank.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
On gearing the warrior: Will the required level 85, recommend level 90 gear that is available in the bazaar be good enough to get him tanking once he hits 85, assuming he has around 2k well spent, defensive AAs? That's what the necro wears and it seems to work pretty well. I don't have hardly any augments... the ones I do have pretty much suck and were picked up in hotzones along the way. Are there enough bazaar augments to kit him out? If not, do I just get on alla and start searching for augments I can get? Is there a site that has a nice, concise list of ones I should focus on? Any other must have gear for the warrior?
I quit during House of Thule so it has been a while, but I boxed a Shadow Knight back then and having a full set of AC augments made ahugedifference when I was trying to get him set up. I'd usethis threadto start, it is what I used back in the day (it doesn't look like it's been updated but should be relevant for your level). It might seem crappy to be camping all these relatively outdated augments, but keep in mind the difference in going from a 0 -> 25 AC augment is much greater than going from 25 -> 35 or whatever is current today. I'd aim to have 20+ AC in every single slot if you can, that and the 2k AAs should be good as far as I can recall. Maybe even try camping with the Shaman/Warrior and let them get caught up by the time you're finished.

Another tip is to make sure you have the maximum possible AC on your shield (might not apply to warriors, not sure if they still do sword and board) as shield AC counts for a lot more than other slots.