EQ F2P- Returning Players & Current Content

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
I'm very interested in joining in on the test server. Is there someone here I can contact in game about getting an invite and all that jazz? Or should I go over to the website and post there?

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you are just interested in the progression guild The Faceless Order, which is currently level 65 capped in GoD, contact Sebbi in game.

If you are interested in more current group content and Rain of Fear, contact Tihm or Cynni in game. Feel free PM me here also.

Or, create/use multiple characters with the intention of enjoying both.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah I saw theres still a Mistwalker floating around on Xegony too. Color me surprised.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If you are just interested in the progression guild The Faceless Order, which is currently level 65 capped in GoD, contact Sebbi in game.

If you are interested in more current group content and Rain of Fear, contact Tihm or Cynni in game. Feel free PM me here also.

Or, create/use multiple characters with the intention of enjoying both.
Wife and I will probably give FO holler in a bit - breaking back into playing the game right now, so not gonna start anything too serious until we're back in our stride as much as we can be pre-raiding.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I would give it a go if I knew someone in the loop as well
I'm very interested in joining in on the test server. Is there someone here I can contact in game about getting an invite and all that jazz? Or should I go over to the website and post there?
Just in this thread Fight and Evernothing both have characters on Test in TFO, also I'm the guild leader.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
Sucks you guys are already in GoD, that holds little appeal for me personally as I have only experienced as far as velious EQ wise and feel like I would be lightyears behind and lost as fuck.

Vorathe_sl

shitlord
I'm pretty interested in jumping in at GoD, I quit (much like everyone else) midway through. I'm looking overhttp://thefacelessorder.com- how accurate are the recruitment needs? Do you prefer Test copied chars that are already geared with AA, or fresh start? I have a couple high need character classes on said list that I'd be interested in playing.

If I test copied a character or two, I'd have to delevel and reset AA's.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I'm pretty interested in jumping in at GoD, I quit (much like everyone else) midway through. I'm looking overhttp://thefacelessorder.com- how accurate are the recruitment needs? Do you prefer Test copied chars that are already geared with AA, or fresh start? I have a couple high need character classes on said list that I'd be interested in playing.

If I test copied a character or two, I'd have to delevel and reset AA's.
From a raiding perspective we prefer members who are ready to raid when they join. Deleveling is easy and takes almost no time at all. Class needs are pretty accurate though we encourage you to play what you think you will enjoy the most.

To give a rough estimate, tonight we were set to raid Txevu and had 60 people in raid. Server reset happened shortly thereafter so we had to switch to an instanced target for the night but our population is really great right now and we're stomping GoD.

Vithe

Hardcore Casual
Thanks for the info Zaide. I'll have to check on what characters I have and see about test copying over. One question though...

If I have a character that is like level 80 with gear, and we delevel them to 65, what should I do about gearing up? I would imagine the bazaar isn't much of an option. Will the guild be willing to help gear out a naked level 65?

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
Oh I totally forgot.

Buy lvl 65 *stuff* on live before copying over?

(If you have some pp left over and prices are not totally stupid)

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Is defiant allowed?
No, only gear which drops from prior expansions and from raid mobs we've killed thus far in the current expansion is available for use. At the moment we're in Txevu in Gates of Discord so essentially Qvic and earlier.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You will get geared up pretty quick raiding with us. Also, some members farm some of the older expansions we have completed during off-hours and link the drops in guild chat so people can scoop them up.

I'd say a wizard or Mage maybe. The classic box is like war shm or some type of toon combo where the classes are staunchly different. Bards are super utilities. I knew this guy who boxed a wiz / bard like a pro. He had /pause lines in his wizards hotkeys that would /cast nukes on his boxed bard's mezzed mob, and then remezz. Granted its not quad or bard swarming, but it was impressive. He could kill group level content quickly and with manasong etc and had little downtime.

Also, your bard could have the tank merc and your wiz could have the healer. The PoP bard song slow is like 65-70%. It works.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am going to try and give Rain of Fear a formal review at some point, when I can do it justice, but for now I want to share some initial info.

The hub zone for the expansion is Shard's Landing. It has a number of portals that take you to alternate reality versions of old school EQ zones. Story is that Cazic got killed and his fear shards shattered and fell upon Norath, corrupting the inhabitant, making them crazy, and uber powerful.

• Befallen
  • Eastern Wastes
  • Crystal Caverns
  • Kael Drakkel
  • Dragon Necropolis
  • Temple of Veeshan
  • Gorge of King Xorbb
  • Beasts Domain (VoA Expansion)
  • Grelleth's Palace (VoA Expansion)

I have to say, the old zone re-imagined are awesome.

Befallen is filled with dead clerics, paladins, and knights that worshiped Mithaniel and Erollisi Marr. There is some crazy necromancer gnome that entered the place and started controlling the dead. The zone is amazing looking, creepy, and filled with the familiar names from the original noobie zone. I haven't made it to Kael Drakkel yet, but I am sure that will be amazing.

Do people still group? How is the population? Last I heard they added mercs and it progressed so far now that people could solo Plane of Fear and whatnot, which was a turn off to me because it made me realize just how long I have been gone. Interesting to see what they do though.