EQ Never

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
For me it's definitely the slippery slope argument. I have less faith in SOE to preserve the franchise and lore integrity of Everquest then I have in Blizzard to preserve it for Warcraft. And Blizzard gave us motorcycles and spaceships because I guess it's warcrafty. So why would I believe SOE wouldnt go there? Not for a second would I say "well that's ok as long as they dont do that" after the thorough lore-fucking this whole project represents.

I know alot of you say "who cares about lore", but whether the guns and ninjas are out of place is a lore question after all. If you integrate it well, nobody bats an eye because it just fits the world like a glove (Warhammer), or if you do it with enough humor and people mostly overlook it while saying lolore at times (Blizzard). But do I expect SOE to manage this with any grace or with respect for the franchise? Do you?

Urlithani

Vyemm Raider
Can my breast be tactical camo too? Instead of a mount can I have a humvee?
Switch that around. The mount should be a breast, and the humvee should be the tactical camo. Faction modifier armor; clockwork robots will think you're a transformer despite the fact that you're flying around on a pair of giant titties.

...everquesty.

Tol_sl

shitlord
At this point Norrath has become pretty silly too. There is a place with a flying mechano-fortress and a gnomish battlemech so large that he's a multi-story dungeon. Ain't gonna be the revolvers that break your immersion at the rate SOE is going.

Zionmaster_sl

shitlord
Jesus fuck yall are some sandy vaginas. It's not even fun lurking this thread anymore. Who gives a flying fuck if there's ninja's or guns or what the fuck ever they decide to add as along as it's fun and the gameplay is good why does it fucking matter in the end? All of you sound like RP'ers crying about your precious "lore" and what should and shouldn't be allowed in your precious fucking fantasy setting. Makes me fucking sick.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Jesus fuck yall are some sandy vaginas. It's not even fun lurking this thread anymore. Who gives a flying fuck if there's ninja's or guns or what the fuck ever they decide to add as along as it's fun and the gameplay is good why does it fucking matter in the end? All of you sound like RP'ers crying about your precious "lore" and what should and shouldn't be allowed in your precious fucking fantasy setting. Makes me fucking sick.
Have you ever read a fucking book or appreciated themes in various media? Go play Call of Duty.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
King Ak'Anon was a clockwork gnome when I played from '99 to 2002. Out of curiosity, I googled the Ak'Anon lore and the current story is that the real king installed his metal counterpart to the throne and went into hiding. I'm not sure if that was the official story from the beginning or something they changed within the last few years. Apparently the real gnome king can be found in some zone called Dragonscale Hills outside Steamfont.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
When? In beta he was a Gnome, and when I visited the castle while playing he was a Gnome.
I couldn't help myself and just spent the last 10-15 minutes reading eq lore >.> Apparently he was always supposed to be a clockwork but they didn't change his model to a clockwork until around kunark.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Looks more like an embarrassed halfling in spandex then a king, why were Luclin models ever even implemented?