EQ Never

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Looking at that storybricks kickstarter did raise my interest. Still, it'll be months until we get real info so no point in starting another round of nostalgia here until then. You all know the right place for EQ1 nostalgia is the wildstar thread right?!

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I think this Storybricks news is really encouraging. We've gotten a lot of talk about how EQN will be the 'largest, greatest, sandbox game ever created blah blah woof woof', but this is the first concrete example of what they are planning. It's a good indication of how they're trying to advance the genre and I think I'm shifting from 'skeptical' to 'cautiously optimistic'.
Indeed; if nothing else, this Storybricks stuff lends some credence to the idea that SOE is shooting for a legit sandbox, and not just WoW2 with a few token sandbox elements.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Tuco ton of pages and still no real news, show me awesome game play and cool shit already.

I wonder if this game is going to have similar eq/eq2 classes so we can rose tint the fuck out of our first 10 hours of playtime.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I remember reading about that story-bricks thing when it was posted at FOH a while back. Definitely seemed interesting. Will look forward to see how they integrate this into the game. Definitely sparks some new hope in this game because of that.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I want an mmog where everyone is equal when they login. I'll pay a sub. Why is this so hard? Goddamn this industry is fucking garbage.

To EQ Classic I go.

If the Storybricks integration lives up to even halfway of its promise, it'll still provide the most interesting and interactive NPCs in an MMO to date. I think this is good, albeit cautious news.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Considering doing something for certain npcs made rival factions hate your guts, and the existance of probably hundred+ factions, this seems like a cool innovative look at the EVE or EQ1 faction model. As long as they also make you able to attack (futile or otherwise) anyone and suffer the consequences, this might actually become a sandbox style game instead of just having the label for marketing reasons.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Why is this so hard?
Because few customers appear to share your objective. No one wants equality. What they want is entertainment enough to pay for... and they don't find it. So they don't pay the sub, and the game fails.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Considering doing something for certain npcs made rival factions hate your guts, and the existance of probably hundred+ factions, this seems like a cool innovative look at the EVE or EQ1 faction model. As long as they also make you able to attack (futile or otherwise) anyone and suffer the consequences, this might actually become a sandbox style game instead of just having the label for marketing reasons.
From the videos on their kickstarter it makes it seem very likely that being able to attack whoever you want will be possible. Obviously the video wasn't eqn, but the idea seemed to revolve around that notion.

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Badges are now being sold for Sony Online Entertainment's annual convention.

SOE Live (formerly Fan Faire) will be held from August 1 - 4, 2013, at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Late this morning Sony Online Entertainment announced that badge registration is now open, with special Early Bird pricing available. There are a variety of passes, which offer the following:

Friday or Saturday Only Day Pass: $39* (reg. $49), includes an SOE Live T-shirt and Swag Bag; exclusive SOE Live in-game goodies**; access to the exhibitor showroom, panels, and roundtables; one complimentary green screen photo; eligible for game tournaments and live quests.
Evening Only Pass: $99, grants entry to the Welcome Reception (including the Thursday Keynote Address), Pool Party, and Grand Banquet (including the Costume Contest).
All Access Pass: $129* (reg. $149), includes everything the Day and Evening passes get, as well as complementary copies of both the upcoming EverQuest and EverQuest II expansions.
Optional Dev Brunch Add-on***: $59, join various SOE developers for a breakfast buffet on Sunday, August 4 from 10am - 12pm. Space is "extremely limited" and registrants are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.All Access Pass is required. Seating is assigned based on primary game chosen during registration.
Kids ages 12 and under are free and must be accompanied by an adult at all times

Also a recent ZAM article about EQnexthttp://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32268

I like the idea of destructible environments from the article. I can't imagine being able to blow up a whole city permanently though.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Badges are now being sold for Sony Online Entertainment's annual convention.

SOE Live (formerly Fan Faire) will be held from August 1 - 4, 2013, at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas. Late this morning Sony Online Entertainment announced that badge registration is now open, with special Early Bird pricing available. There are a variety of passes, which offer the following:

Friday or Saturday Only Day Pass: $39* (reg. $49), includes an SOE Live T-shirt and Swag Bag; exclusive SOE Live in-game goodies**; access to the exhibitor showroom, panels, and roundtables; one complimentary green screen photo; eligible for game tournaments and live quests.
Evening Only Pass: $99, grants entry to the Welcome Reception (including the Thursday Keynote Address), Pool Party, and Grand Banquet (including the Costume Contest).
All Access Pass: $129* (reg. $149), includes everything the Day and Evening passes get, as well as complementary copies of both the upcoming EverQuest and EverQuest II expansions.
Optional Dev Brunch Add-on***: $59, join various SOE developers for a breakfast buffet on Sunday, August 4 from 10am - 12pm. Space is "extremely limited" and registrants are accepted on a first come, first serve basis.All Access Pass is required. Seating is assigned based on primary game chosen during registration.
Kids ages 12 and under are free and must be accompanied by an adult at all times

Also a recent ZAM article about EQnexthttp://www.zam.com/story.html?story=32268

I like the idea of destructible environments from the article. I can't imagine being able to blow up a whole city permanently though.
Reading that article gave me a headache. I couldn't finish it.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
Reading that article gave me a headache. I couldn't finish it.
Attend a super exclusive, all-access orgy*** with your favorite EverQuest and EverQuest II developers who whore themselves out for yet more money. Gain an exclusive goodie bag full of shit nobody wants but we'll sell you anyway. Attend a con where we won't tell or show you anything except let you gawk at screenshots for a couple of days while touting the same lines of bullshit as our press releases. You can buy lots of t-shirts too.

*** Access to the EverQuest developer orgy event is only purchasable once you upgrade to the super-VIP deluxe pewter statue** of Firiona Vie scissoring a dollar sign.

** Firiona Vie figurine is available only with the purchase of the all-coked up pass, which allows access to the coked up charity ball event (but not access to the all coked-up developer after party, sold separately)

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
They'd be 10 years old then, instant collectible item. Better register while supplies last!!

Seriously though its the same thing as Blizzcon, one announcement and alot of smoke and mirrors. Its kinda expensive just for seeing some short videos of EQN and playing PS2 on a bigger screen then at home...