EQ Never

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Need to compile a list of "I do you it would be this way" of people making such claims. Some of you seem very sure.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
534196_175890735923272_1195456268_n.jpg
1049.gif

Gecko_sl

shitlord
I'm surprised it's this active now. My guess is this thread will go even more batshit insane after the info dump on Friday. The WOW fangirls have yet to join the fun.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They are lurking...some have been trolling.. Hopefully EQN becomes everything they fear...

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm so sick of the 'cartoony' art style complaints.

News flash, not everyone who plays MMOs reads dorky fantasy novels, or gives a shit about any of the stuff thatwedo.

The fact of the matter is this: low graphic demands = wider range of systems = more players = vibrant world = longevity.

Really not a difficult concept. If you'd like a nice case study, let me direct you to EQ2.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Comments like these just make me chuckle and shake my head at the world.
Hey I just say the shit! Don't read so much into it guy. It would be in our best interest that EQN is something new, sandboxy and challenging that is embraced by the masses. But you kind of took the bait?!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Sorta curious about the atmosphere at the SOE Fanfest this year.

As in will during the EQ/EQ2/PS2 etc talks/events and overall will there be a general feeling of "stfu and tell us about EQN". And on the side moments of interactions with the devs will it be all prodding for any extra bits about it while ignoring the other games.

kudos

<Banned>
I'm so sick of the 'cartoony' art style complaints.

News flash, not everyone who plays MMOs reads dorky fantasy novels, or gives a shit about any of the stuff thatwedo.

The fact of the matter is this: low graphic demands = wider range of systems = more players = vibrant world = longevity.

Really not a difficult concept. If you'd like a nice case study, let me direct you to EQ2.
They can go play Wildstar then.

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Hmmm the Erudite that is front and central in the original is now gone, as are any halflings and no sign of gnomes.

Just something about the artwork... I haven't seen the last few pages so not sure what inspired the conversation about that, but I still play EQ on EQ Mac and you should be reminded that EQ always had a cartoon style. It wasn't disney cartoon like WoW, but it was still a cartoon style. The trees were straight out of scooby doo, the fogloks jumped about comically with their big heads making sucky feet noises and shout froooak, the ogres and trolls had silly dumb faces and huge fat bodies, very caricature-ish, gnomes had funny big noses and square white hair like little mad professors, there was a haunted chest mob in PoH which used to come alive and attack people, giant cubes of goo, etc..etc..

I prefer a photo realistic style to games, but before you go ape about EQ Next, just remember.. they are trying to keep true to the original and this was the original:

rrr_img_38286.jpg