EQ Never

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Yeah.. That's the trade off with f2p, you can't really pimp out in the nexus collecting inspects. The $$ will come from the cosmetics... At least I think. Not sure where else they can make the cash. I think if they let us know a little more about where they plan on making money with this game, it would probably tell us more than a combat doc.

I would think they would have to limit it to armor, selling weapons that are so tied to a characters power would be to akin to p2w. Maybe they plan on making cash from the percentage of stuff made from player studio.. Idk. The other thing is you know they are going to have an optional subscription for players. What benefits will that have? Ability to own land and build a house, obviously. Additional character slots? Additional paper doll slots? Bank space? Idk... To me that's the scary part.. This game has a huge staff and a massive budget.. How do they plan on making all that money back?
Well, I think they're really banking on Landmark being ahugehit, and then profiting off people selling blueprints of their own creations. They'll make even more money if they eventually allow people to import the blueprints into EverQuest Next (assuming the popularity carries over), for player housing or land plots, or whatever.

I've never really been too interested in Minecraft. It just seems too tedious to me, to build entire castles or whatever. And I'm sure there are people who are 100x more creative than I am. But if I had a landplot I'd still want to pimp the fuck out of it and have a biggest, blingiest castle I could get. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. I could foresee myself and others buying blueprints of other's creations for that very reason.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
It will be interesting to see how players who played for over a year will deal with not doing X more DPS or having Y more HP than someone who just started playing a few weeks ago.
Doubtful. Playing a year means much better itemization which means you can use far more complicated skill chains.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I could foresee myself and others buying blueprints of other's creations for that very reason.
Which is why their build it with whatever materials you have (granite) but upgrade to cooler stuff later (obsidian) is kinda genius. It means players don't have to wait to buy blueprints that are using mahogony and obisidian.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Doubtful. Playing a year means much better itemization which means you can use far more complicated skill chains.

Someone who has played much longer will definitely have more tools in their toolbox, but having 100 more skills available to you doesn't mean you can go around annihilating everything in sight -as they said "You're still just one guy". The gap isn't going to be as wide as say a level 90 versus a level 10 in World of Warcraft, for example.

Going back to my League of Legends example, it could also depend greatly on how you apply your skills. A Diamond player in League of Legends will make better use of the same 4 skills that a Bronze player also has access to. And as we've seen in League, playing for a longer period doesn't necessarily equate to greater game knowledge or better mechanics execution.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
hahahah. People should play Realmspeak. I just realized it sorta is EQN (if EQN were a 1970's boardgame), just with classes instead of classless.

-Four tiers of skills
-Procedurally generated terrain
-Itemization is critical
-Non-stat based

http://realmspeak.dewkid.com/

rrr_img_41004.jpg

Symbolic_sl

shitlord
You sure? I didn't even check because it has the exact timing and progression as what was released at SOE Live...

:38 - 1:08 ... that can't be coincidence.

I see now, he mixed it -- not all original...disregard my prior statement -- he did a hell of a job
smile.png

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
Bet on beta data.
hopefully something useful. The silence is just causing problems for them. You have people thinking this will be the biggest piece of shit and you have peoples imaginations running wild to a point that they can't deliver something as awesome as people are imagining and it will just hurt them when they do reveal more.

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Well, I think they're really banking on Landmark being ahugehit, and then profiting off people selling blueprints of their own creations. They'll make even more money if they eventually allow people to import the blueprints into EverQuest Next (assuming the popularity carries over), for player housing or land plots, or whatever.

I've never really been too interested in Minecraft. It just seems too tedious to me, to build entire castles or whatever. And I'm sure there are people who are 100x more creative than I am. But if I had a landplot I'd still want to pimp the fuck out of it and have a biggest, blingiest castle I could get. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels that way. I could foresee myself and others buying blueprints of other's creations for that very reason.
I'm with you on this. I'm one of the few folks I guess that just couldn't really get into Minecraft. Might be just my limited gaming time nowadays has me wanting to spend it running around as a Panda Pirate killing Ninja Trolls and don't really have much leftover for something like MC. Now the EQ hook will have me dabbling with it of course while EQL is out in beta but no EQN.

hopefully something useful. The silence is just causing problems for them. You have people thinking this will be the biggest piece of shit and you have peoples imaginations running wild to a point that they can't deliver something as awesome as people are imagining and it will just hurt them when they do reveal more.
I do think they mishandled the build-up and then pretty much lack of jack afterwards other than pony tail tweeting "you build it" and so on type things.

An actual bit more substantial info , even if only about a specific part would go a long way.

And that music video tribute would have gone over I think x1000 better as the initial reveal over the sand water colors.