EQ Never

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
Why the fuck does any screenshot of the EQN engine look like it has a grey fucking mist/hue? It looks so shitty.
Probably because someone fucked up the depth cueing and no one dares to fix it now, as everyone that is still there is in CYA mode. Or no one is left that has a clue about the rendering pipeline of their engine.

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
There is no EQN, whatever they were working on was scrapped. I would bet $ that Daybreak told them to simply make a generic MMO out of the assets they already have.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
There is no EQN, whatever they were working on was scrapped. I would bet $ that Daybreak told them to simply make a generic MMO out of the assets they already have.
I'd probably be more ok with this than the clusterfuck they thought they were going to develop.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
A little bit of column A "LOL of course we'll take your money" and a little bit of column B "why yes, we are going to be in alpha until the end of time!"

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
It isn't just MMOs, it's just aboutallof gaming now. It has pretty much become the new, "normal" way to release a game now.
Well, considering that any time a game tagged "Early Access" pops in my Steam view, I click "not interested" and never see it again, even after it's released, their loss.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well, considering that any time a game tagged "Early Access" pops in my Steam view, I click "not interested" and never see it again, even after it's released, their loss.
I just wait for the games to be released, some good games start on early access and are eventually released. Recently, Darkest Dungeon and soon Grim Dawn. But yeah I don't play them anymore, there's not enough content and I don't want to play a beta really.

Tol_sl

shitlord
I play a ton of early access stuff on steam and love it, but I don't think I've seen it implemented well in an MMO yet. A lot of MMOs are time x knowledge so early access either lets people build up reserves early or gives them time to learn the optimal treadmills so they just blast forward out of the gates on release.