EQ Never

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I don't know what kind of emotional break down you are having, but I'm not spreading anything at all. And I am not wrong either. The quote we have doesn't say what you want it to say, sorry to break it to you but you seem to have a hard time reading words that are right in front of you. I also haven't said it will be one way or another, read what I said, take your meds.
Yeah ok. How about we'll just see.
rolleyes.png

althuna_sl

shitlord
someone has got to hate it no matter what they make. Something totally new, people who wanted a sort of remake will hate it. A remake, people who wanted something new will hate it. WoW clone, ehhhh, everyone will hate it? whatever nevermind.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
So, the artwork is finally finished on the official website, and much larger versions are now available. A couple things that I can make out now, using those larger versions:

-the dark elf has horns. Or four ears; but I'm pretty sure it's horns. Weird.

-the ratonga. Or at least I thought it was a ratonga, but now it looks like a cross between a ratonga and a Baldur's Gate kobold.*shrugs*maybe it's supposed to be an entirely new race.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
The rage just from a piece of art work is amusing. What's going to happen when they show their first piece of loot and it has only strength on it but it has blue text?
Vanguard had colored tiers - that never bothered me. What bothered me was that there was too much loot available (a la WoW).

Carl_sl

shitlord
So, the artwork is finally finished on the official website, and much larger versions are now available. A couple things that I can make out now, using those larger versions:

-the ratonga. Or at least I thought it was a ratonga, but now it looks like a cross between a ratonga and a Baldur's Gate kobold.*shrugs*maybe it's supposed to be an entirely new race.

Dizzam_sl

shitlord

• Good catch on the horns. Looks dumb though.
  • That thing that is suppose to be an Ogre would be a cool Orc. That is not an EQ Ogre.
  • Can anyone explain why the Kerran/Vah Shir character is 50% bigger than an Ogre?
  • Firiona Vie's sword looks like it was photoshopped in as a joke.

gogojira_sl

shitlord
Looking through the artist'sart gallery, he's definitely capable of pulling off the Keith Parkinson look so the art is damn sure driven by in-game influence. Hopefully the Ogre being ridiculously small and the Kerran being mega sized is a bit off, but we're stuck with a bow and blade wielding (at the same time) FV.

Falmer_sl

shitlord
Human with a tiger head wearing full Valor set.

Orc wearing those shoulders from SM armory.

Generic dwarf wearing random mid-40ies greens.

That boss lady from Undercity.

Deekin, what are you doing here? Neverwinter is that way.

Paladin who lost his left Lightforge shoulder pad.

Three generic fantasy skanks, can also be seen in slightly different variations on millions of deviantart profiles.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
God please let that be the new assling. Or gnome. The replacement gnome-assling is a kobold. Holy shit please please please be true!

Fuck short races~

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I've heard Kobolds are going to be playable but that looks Ratonga to me. One thing is certain, the box doesn't represent every race available.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
Like I said, they restoredsome faithin early Cataclysm after the abortion that was Wrath. I actually liked a lot of TBC (sans McDungeons), so I bought MoP thinking they fixed themselves. It only got worse. I should've known better after LFR was put in.
Damn Dumar, I wouldn't have taken you for a Blizzard fanboy that buys any crap they put out. You are the reason we cant have nice things.

Well, Firiona's outline has a scimitar and a bow. I'm done with this game.
In light of the ridiculous breakdown that happened here since the lionbear paladin picture was posted I want to point out the above was an attempt at humor, it doesnt come across well in text I guess. In other news, I'm in the backyard building a raft for the waterworld scenario the world is going to face after all the tears on 8/2 ...

Anyway, my serious opinion is that piece of art isnt good. His perspective is screwed, unless that in the background is a kerran/hill giant hybrid, and if his task was re-imagining Parkinson's piece of art then he screwed up some of the other characters too. Since we dont know how those races look ingame that's just speculation though. I think someone like Wayne Reynolds would've been a better choice, he does very good stylized fantasy character art.

For anyone that thinks they can draw conclusions about the ingame style from that picture: That's just blind guesswork. Parkinson's art had nothing to do with the EQ game models either (ogres and trolls in particular).

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
My only issue is that I don't like large shoulderpads, they make no sense, too often they clip inside models and look vehemently retarded in certain cases.
Aside from that, as long as I can hide them with a switch, I don't care: I played EQ, WoW, EQ2, Rift, SWtoR, GW2 and a few others and I found all of them more interesting for their playability than for their graphics. I'm confident that if the game is looking decent and animates well, it will be gameplay and gameplay only dictating my flow of money towards SoE.