EQ Never

Shh. Don't keep being factual. Some people think they started over from scratch 3 times. It's asinine. Same graphics and engine as the first time. Same animations. Of that I'm 100% positive.
I agree but like Clinton said its Math, just don't see them of having this project done in less then 5 years and to be blunt think its way under 4 years even so dunno.

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
That's totally different than what you said before. You made it sound like you had insider info, hence the rustled jimmies.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
No offense to Brad, but anyone who is willing to listen to him now (especially in light of his past lip service paid to us) should be clubbed to death like a baby seal.
Ha it's time to move on man...we will know really soon..

Iadien

Silver Knight of the Realm
He could have added that it was just his opinion, but it's not like he tried to state he had insider info.

Hmerly

Golden Knight of the Realm
A lot of the discussions about this game here is still caged in the old thought process of what an MMO is since the original Everquest's release. Try to think outside of the box. This game is not like all the MMOs that have come so far. A lot of the preconceived notions here don't apply. I think some are going to be really happy this coming Friday, but a lot of you are probably going to be skeptical and pick the reveal video apart.

Is Shroud of the Avatar an MMO? The Kickstarter thread for it got a lot of hate in general on this forum.
Not sure actually, maybe not. I only read a bit about it and saw a video, but it looked promising to me. The video they just threw together with stock art assets from Unity, and said they will remake all that in time. But it looks like an old school RPG, which is a total change from what you usually get these days.

Since when do MMO's have demo's?
Well EQ2 had the character creation tool that they released early. But they also had that shitty tutorial based on a ship, and that was whored all over the internet a lot in videos and at all the E3 type nerdy trade show things. I suppose its possible they could have something like that for EQ Next and release it. But I don't know, I wouldn't put it past them having some lame tool for people to try this year and then release next year. I never thought they would release it this year myself, I always assumed it would spill over to next year. Games never release on time, evah.

(Except Skyrim which had to release on that lame 11/11/11 date, and they achieved that by releasing the alpha and calling it done
tongue.png
)

Does she even lift?
lol

A lot of the discussions about this game here is still caged in the old thought process of what an MMO is since the original Everquest's release. Try to think outside of the box. This game is not like all the MMOs that have come so far. A lot of the preconceived notions here don't apply. I think some are going to be really happy this coming Friday, but a lot of you are probably going to be skeptical and pick the reveal video apart.
ya think?

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I won't lie. I'm excited again. I'm hyped. I tried to fight it. But there is so much unknown about this game, coupled with what I'm reading from people fully in the know. I did it again. I told myself I wouldn't get excited again.../sigh

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Does anyone fight a Skeleton using a sword in the reveal video?

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I personally don't expect a 2013 release but do you think we'll get a date or will they go for the usual Q#? release as a target date. I hate when they say something like a Q4 release... give me a month and a year.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So what time is the EQN panel again, too lazy to search for the post that's probably 6pages away and google is being gay so I'm sure one of you crazy people knows. Was it like 12PM PDT?

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
I completely forgot about the ship demo that EQ2 released early.

I think it was overshadowed by being amazed from beta they were launching while still putting in level 40+ spells a week before launch and having most of us for months screaming at them this group xps debt shit is going to cause people to be less social not more.

Seriously , I remember being explained to as if we were small children who just couldn't grasp on the closed beta forums that group debt would make us all work together more and be more caring about the well being of everyone , there was no way it would make people shun others more.

/shudder

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
So what time is the EQN panel again, too lazy to search for the post that's probably 6pages away and google is being gay so I'm sure one of you crazy people knows. Was it like 12PM PDT?
The reveal is 12:00 PST, the panels are the following day and will not be officially live streamed, but recorded for later posting. beat reporter tad will be pseudo live blogging.