EQ Never

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
I believe when the devs made the game, and those people that played the original version were looking for was to create an online D&D. I think the idea was "Hey, what if we could capture all that was good about a really great D&D group, and make it online, and huge. Remove the uncertainty of shitty killer DMs and try to capture some of that magic". The late night gaming session with junk food and plain geeking out. The fun and control that came with and experience of controlling your own unique character, completely off the rails that so many of games forced you to ride on. This is why we learned to hate WoW. It took that really cool thing, the control and ability to determine actual things for our character and made it another one size fits all, go on these rails, dance to the step piece of crap that we played EQ to get away from.

I think that's a generational thing too. How many of us on this board played EQ because we had a pretty good memory of D&D at some point? I don't think this generation of kids has that common experience.

This game will succeed or fail depending on the level of control they give the player. Not in superficial things like hats or whatever, but in the way it develops and that our choices have meaning and we feel like we are in the drivers seat. We don't have to be Conan or Gandalf, but we do want to be our own person in the game.

xzi

Mouthbreather
I lied. The stream says it's live but I had another stream in the background because I'm retarded.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Oh I'm going to capture the tears. Then I will sustain myself for millenia off of them! I hope I'm wrong but I'm doubting it.

Fenz

Silver Knight of the Realm
cool.png

Zacx_sl

shitlord
this begins at 7am my local time, so i was dreaming about it prior
in my dream, this game was the most amazing thing ever
i woke up so emotional and overjoyed, it was so amazing

god i wish it's true

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
So the in-laws and my wife's birth mother/family all inside the house chatting it up , I'm in the driveway in the car on wireless on the laptop with this split screen with the Twitch comments scrolling x1000 on the other side. I needed to do some "work" you see and make some "work" calls where it's quiet.

And liquor , yes there's liquor in the car too. Now just need one of my neighbors to come over and try to chat it up with me.

Oh god , tuttle again.