EQ Never

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
misery;309441If it is to be believed then go my brethren. Go and fight the good fight across the Internets. [/QUOTE said:
We shall choke their forums with the bodies of the dead.

i just hope there is a robust roleplay community where i can immerse myself within norrath
Actually lol when talking about the lack of defined roles on the Q&A Panel one of the devs said

"You may not look for someone of a particular class or role to help you overcome an encounter but you'll look for fun people,people with good emotes!"

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
i just hope there is a robust roleplay community where i can immerse myself within norrath
And by immersing yourself with roleplayers, you mean to say roleplaying an internet troll from 201X whose sole purpose is to cause weeping, gnashing of teeth, outrage and cyber blue balls. At least that's what I read there!

Dahkoht_sl

shitlord
Retarded poll. The more races the better wtf kiind of question is that? Seeing SOE"s poll choices just makes me want to puke. They need an open forum.
I was wondering this as have only glanced at the forum. So they basically have it locked down to make sure there's no discussion of meaningful issues ?

rolx_sl

shitlord
I was wondering this as have only glanced at the forum. So they basically have it locked down to make sure there's no discussion of meaningful issues ?
Pretty much i've already got banned on 2 of my 6 accounts lol. I guess saying we need an open non communist forum with real polls is trolling /shrug

Agraza

Registered Hutt
They have it locked down so a thread like this one doesn't exist there. One of their better moves imo.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
rrr_img_39107.png
Lol isn't that like 4 different answers to yes and one no?

I would be worried , look what they consider a kerran's face, the horrors they could do for a rat face.

Where's the , there should be gnomes, trolls, iksar and a new fucking ogre.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
There has been many ideas posted throughout this thread about what people would like to see again. A random sampling of pages should bring you across them. Suffice it to say, nobody was asking for static camps.
From what I've read people just want a more difficult MMO. As I've already discussed (which no one has really addressed), this is more an issue of mob tuning and encounter design, and perhaps a little bit of zone design.

People call World of Wacraft easy-mode, but think back to The Burning Crusade 5-man Heroics. That shit was brutal. There still isvery hardcontent in World of Warcraft, it's just optional. Joe Casual can level up and do 5-mans with no big issue. The hardcore players can do their 10 and 25 man Heroics and get the best loot.

So are you guys just arguing for a game that at it's base turns away most average players? Why isn't challenging high risk, high reward content enough? What if this very difficult content is apart of the open world and isn't provided in multiple difficulty levels so everyone gets a shot? I could foresee, for example, some baby Dragons that your average groups can kill - but adult Dragons take skilled, battle hardened raiders to take down.

I don't see why having an accessible game in some aspects means the entire game has to be easy. They've likened the game to League of Legends in many ways. League of Legends is sort of known for being accessible for everyone of all skill levels, but it can befucking hardat the highest levels where there is absolutely no room for error.

rolx_sl

shitlord
They have it locked down so a thread like this one doesn't exist there. One of their better moves imo.
So saying we are going to have round table where we can communicate with the players and players can help shape the game that they play in.. they ment we can vote if there are beards on dwarfs. They are straight afraid to have a real forum going on.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
We need to learn from the failings of other mass movements, and boil our greviences into 5 bullet points, with possible solutions.

a rerolled EQN mantra to repeat over and over on the official forums, twitter, and fb page.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Short of sheer idiocy , I can't see why they wouldn't put out both a much harsher PVE ruleset server and PVP ones. If the whole idea is to make it as sandboxish as possible , and the way they've touted different phases/events going on in different ways on different servers , why not put up a couple "here you can demolish the world and each other have it at it" server set ?

Soccer mom , I don't want death penalties , and I got touched by the PVP man here ,players all would have theirs fine and dandy and be in ToonTown and happy , while the more hardcore PVE/PVP crowd would at least have an option.

And if they are planning on doing this why not just state it.
They will kinda have to. I don't see them keeping much of the hardcore or even moderate playtime people without some decay.

Horizontal progression is nice but when you aren't adding new tiers of gear all the time you need to be taking them away. Letting people max every class will help a bit cause everyone will multiclass to some extent but most people will prolly pick a handful of roles they like and if those are maxed quickly and the gear you get lasts forever they will see lots of people quit out of boredom.

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
StoryBricks is the real wildcard that will determine if EverQuest Next is successfull beyond being Minecraft the MMO.

They certainly seem confident in it, but there is such little examples of actual in-depth implementation of StoryBricks beyond their marketing hype.
I am positive storybricks will be good. The reason for that faith is that SB comes from a bunch of people that set out to make a system like that and make it work well, instead of someone at SOE thinking it up as a marketing gimmick like project M and half-assing it into the game. People making something they want to make, not making it to max profits usually yields good results (see EQ and WoW vanilla before they both started chasing the dollars).

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
We shall choke their forums with the bodies of the dead.

Actually lol when talking about the lack of defined roles on the Q&A Panel one of the devs said

"You may not look for someone of a particular class or role to help you overcome an encounter but you'll look for fun people,people with good emotes!"
LFM xx Raid. Girl toons with good o faces

Previously posted article

"Darn. Fine. Next question. Have you ever changed any game mechanics or features in the franchise based on a comment thread on a Forum or Reddit?"

"Absolutely. We want to put our ideas out there for Everquest Next so players know about them before we release the game. We can get those opinions and take them into account in regards to what we're creating."

If it is to be believed then go my brethren. Go and fight the good fight across the Internets. If anything is going to change with the game design, now is the opportune time to turn some heads and really get these guys thinking. I think a lot of us are going to be waiting a very long time for something to come out besides this, so we might as well give it a shot right?
If SoE caves in to the MMO community and gives us EQ3 instead, then I can safely say this genre is totally and permanently fucked. We'll be stuck with the same old tired Wow- excuse me, EQ clones from here on out. With EQN we're getting something progressive; risks are being taken, some existing ideas tweaked and a few new boundaries are being explored.

Yeah SoE may not fully be able to execute on all these ideas, but at least they're trying. The sad thing is even if they did give us EQ3, most of community would still reject it b/c it didn't live up to their own personal idea of what old-school hardcore EQ was to them.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
If SoE caves in to the MMO community and gives us EQ3 instead, then I can safely say this genre is totally and permanently fucked. We'll be stuck with the same old tired Wow- excuse me, EQ clones from here on out. With EQN we're getting something progressive; risks are being taken, some existing ideas tweaked and a few new boundaries are being explored.

Yeah SoE may not fully be able to execute on all these ideas, but at least they're trying. The sad thing is even if they did give us EQ3, most of community would still reject it b/c it didn't live up to their own personal idea of what old-school hardcore EQ was to them.
This reddit post.

http://www.reddit.com/r/EQNext/comme...love_and_hate/

Keep the Loves, reevaluate the Hates, we'd have a badass game.

althuna_sl

shitlord
Did they really say that about the emotes? :O I thought this game was going to be a success but if they keep pushing that... it's screwed. Then again... The Sims is a big seller so maybe the pre-teen girl market is bigger than I thought.

Madikus

Knows nothing.
Retarded poll. The more races the better wtf kiind of question is that? Seeing SOE"s poll choices just makes me want to puke. They need an open forum.
So people can call each other faggot pussy casuals? Of course they are going to control it. I agree the questions need to better, but who the hell wants to wade through 600 pages of name calling and superiority complexes to cherry pick good ideas? We are just as responsible for the problems in today's games because we as a community are highly incapable of expressing our ideas and opinions with shitting on everyone else's.

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
Did they really say that about the emotes? :O I thought this game was going to be a success but if they keep pushing that... it's screwed. Then again... The Sims is a big seller so maybe the pre-teen girl market is bigger than I thought.
Yeah guy was asking about classes and roles because he played EQ with a bunch of buddies and they liked class dynamics and teamwork, the reply from Jeff was..

"You may not look for a specific class to overcome a challenge but you will be looking for good players. Skilled players, people who care about their game, who invest time into the game, who are fun to hang around with, who have great emotes. I mean literally we're trying to give every tool in the toolbox to people to reach out and find those folks who they share like interests with and to form those in-game relationships."

Then Dave Georgeson chimed in..

"Yeah, social interactions and social bonds are extremely important for MMOs, they're the backbone of what an MMO is, we take that filter when we're looking at everything and how it's going to promote that sort of things."

althuna_sl

shitlord
So people can call each other faggot pussy casuals? Of course they are going to control it. I agree the questions need to better, but who the hell wants to wade through 600 pages of name calling and superiority complexes to cherry pick good ideas? We are just as responsible for the problems in today's games because we as a community are highly incapable of expressing our ideas and opinions with shitting on everyone else's.
Well you guys got Qwrrty banned for the second time in 24 hours, I'd say you have a good chance of pushing one idea to the top.