EQ Never

My point is that there are some good points to be had from each side of the discussion, and many of us here can put up a very nice debate to get some opposing viewpoints on the table. I'm sure those people that would prefer completely changing the game into an updated EQ will have little to no impact on the core of the game, but that isn't to say they don't have interesting views on certain elements of the game. Also, if the devs are truly taking advice from discussion, we should be keeping the MMORPG uninitiated in check so things don't get out of hand.

This kind of discussion helps in absolutely no way,

"Love:
Everything they've revealed.
Torches.
Hate:
Nothing.

-from reddit"
I agree with you that constructive criticism and discussion will not hinder the process. I'll even contribute: remove universal double-jump entirely, or except as an ability gained from a magical item or skill.

althuna_sl

shitlord
Thats my point regarding the "lol its fine" crowd.

Once again, we need to find a short, simple, unified critique with proposed solutions of no more than 5 bullet points and drive that shit into the group anywhere developers tread.

The Official Rerolled Mantra

Begin.
Would be nice but I dont think its worth your time. There is too much money in the casual market. The Sims has been a best seller for as long as I can remember.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
Really, the fact is, there wasn't enough information to draw a conclusion.
Pretty much. I'm skeptical about a whole host of shit they said, but we haven't been allowed to see the whole picture. We got a few bricks of what will become an entire building. I can't do anything with that but make bad jokes about the people that are furious about it.

slicedmass_sl

shitlord
I think we will have a lot less to do with their choice of how this game is designed and it will be more related to the viability of their design choices. I'm more worried about them dumbing everything down as they are designing as they find out how much of what they are planning doesn't work in a game with 100's of people in a single zone. They can say they will have systems in place but those exact systems are what worry me, it sounds more like they will dumb things down until they work in the situations where there are so many people around. For example, they find out their AI sucks dick when 10 people are fighting a single mob? Then they just make it a punching bag that takes a long time to fight and continuously changes targets but has no real threat.

althuna_sl

shitlord
So I troll qwerty at every opportunity? I think you underestimate how many opportunities there are; furthermore, I responded to him completely seriously.
whatever u say troll,

he was the only person to stand up to that guy in the eldr scrolls thread. And u all call him salty tears or whatever here but when he makes fun of you, banned. Shows just how this forum operates.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
No, I didn't even RR him last night however he was RR'ed today for something totally different that 3 mods tried to infract him for at the same time.

rrr_img_39111.jpg

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pretty much. I'm skeptical about a whole host of shit they said, but we haven't been allowed to see the whole picture. We got a few bricks of what will become an entire building. I can't do anything with that but make bad jokes about the people that are furious about it.
And this is why you are sane and others are not.

There's a ton they could screw up of what they've shown and some sounds dubious but right now we're critiquing a painting based on the showing us a blank canvas, brushes and paint. It could be Picasso or it could be a 6 yr olds finger painting its to be seen.

althuna_sl

shitlord
lol whatever ive seen how you operate... i get the feeling he calls you out on your shit all the time and thats why theres 3 mods following him around

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
The big thing for me is the blanks they couldn't fill in. If they are making the game like EvE? Then everything they've said so far, even with the lack of trinity ect, is fine. Because PvE will be more about control and efficiency and resource collection than actually difficulty based progression. However, some things they said make this hard to reconcile, like BoE items. Really, the fact is, there wasn't enough information to draw a conclusion.
Ya if they copy how EVE handles item creation and destruction or atleast some variation of it I could see it succeeding even among the hardcore. If not then I don't know, it will be hard to keep power gamers interested in the game without adding new tiers all the time, if once you get your item you have it forever.

I hope they atleast have one server with a ruleset like that. But your right, we just don't know enough right now.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Is it wrong if I secretly hope Disney throws a billion dollars at Sony to get them to morph EQN into Star Wars game to replace TOR? Because the more I see and hear about the game the more it makes sense to not have "tanks" and "healers" in a Star Wars universe along with all of the other features.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I like to poke at the people who also already see the finished building, are ready to move in and have declared it the greatest architectural design and building of our time already :p Granted the furious people are far more entertaining.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
lol whatever ive seen how you operate... i get the feeling he calls you out on your shit all the time and thats why theres 3 mods following him around
If you've "seen how I operate" why do you need a "feeling" that he an I have any sort of interactions at all? Because you know nothing Althuna Snow. This is the first time he and I have butted heads on anything.

Enough derailment about it here, if you wish to discuss it more feel free to do so in the Ask Amod thread.

rolx_sl

shitlord
So people can call each other faggot pussy casuals? Of course they are going to control it. I agree the questions need to better, but who the hell wants to wade through 600 pages of name calling and superiority complexes to cherry pick good ideas? We are just as responsible for the problems in today's games because we as a community are highly incapable of expressing our ideas and opinions with shitting on everyone else's.
Thats what moderators are for. If you troll and say shit like that then you get suspended. But have topics that matter so they can find out really fast what the majority think.