EQ Never

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
you're right, they'll probably offer everything in the game for free. cause, that's how they make money off a F2P model....
You can play ps2 and get every single gun, every single upgrade and everything single cert and not spend 1 cent. So yeah... I guess that is how it works since ps2 is their most profitable game..

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
You can play ps2 and get every single gun, every single upgrade and everything single cert and not spend 1 cent. So yeah... I guess that is how it works since ps2 is their most profitable game..
ps2 being their most profitable game should tell you everything you need to know about sony...

Ganthorn

N00b
Somewhere between 99 and 2010 mmo devs forgot the elusive ability to code in a day night cycle and rain/weather.

At least the EQL/N folks have rediscovered this magical ability.
I remember either waiting for it to be day to run through kithicor because it was swarming with the dead or running high up on the walls around the outside trying not to pee myself. You really can add a lot of immersion and character to a game with something so simple.

dgrabs_sl

shitlord
Yup, it's amazing how much immersion that adds. FF14 has it and it's amazing. SWTOR? Man those 'worlds' were stale as hell. Sure they lacked more than a day/night cycle but without it they were even more turrible. Just turrible
The SWTOR planets were almost insulting to me as an MMO gamer. Of the MMOs I've played extensively (which is many), SWTOR had far and away the worst game world. And it's really not even close.

tad10

Elisha Dushku
Not going to go back to where this appropraite.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/08/03/ev...ext-interview/

This is for Neir or Creed or whoever was talking about crafting tables - it's the only place where they discuss that crafting is tiered like classes.

McPherson: I can tell you one of the things you won?t be doing as a crafter, and that?s making the same thing over and over and over again to advance your skill. That?s not how it will work.

Butler: We don?t expect the need to build 10,000 rifle barrels to become a grandmaster.

McPherson: It?s not a skill-based system, it?s very much like the system of advancing your classes. We have multiple tiers. You begin digging, you explore and you find, and those things give you progression and advancement that can be spent on your crafter.

So, to advance your blacksmith, you don?t have to only create many items over and over again. That?s not the way it works.

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sure, but the verbage sounded too much like Arch to ignore.
Archaeology in World of Warcraft was a joke. It really has very little in common with what you quoted.

The 'digging' was superficial, and was basically just a randomly chosen area with RNG loot when you 'excavated'. To compare that to actually physically digging into the world, possibly several layers deep...seems a bit disingenuous.

WoW Archaeology unless they have changed it in the past year as I have not played had no digging it was ground spawns no different than harvesting ore or herbs with a different graphic. Instead of picking a herb you picked a mound of dirt. I envision it as has been talked about as Teekey said where you actually dig down a layer or 5 and really discover shit like old ruins /crypts or urns stuff. I would do that shit all day but the WoW version of "Archaeology" was shitty at best.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
WoW Archaeology unless they have changed it in the past year as I have not played had no digging it was ground spawns no different than harvesting ore or herbs with a different graphic. Instead of picking a herb you picked a mound of dirt. I envision it as has been talked about as Teekey said where you actually dig down a layer or 5 and really discover shit like old ruins /crypts or urns stuff. I would do that shit all day but the WoW version of "Archaeology" was shitty at best.
If archaeologist is a non-combat class, and it is just as rewarding as combat based classes in EQN, I may never actually fight a mob. I'll just dig around, build shit, and explore for months on end.

bytes

Molten Core Raider
This is for Neir or Creed or whoever was talking about crafting tables - it's the only place where they discuss that crafting is tiered like classes.

McPherson: I can tell you one of the things you won?t be doing as a crafter, and that?s making the same thing over and over and over again to advance your skill. That?s not how it will work.

Butler: We don?t expect the need to build 10,000 rifle barrels to become a grandmaster.
I believe it when I see it. Arenanet said the exact same thing about crafting in GW2 and everbody who's ever leveled a new character by spending 30 gold to buy up crafting materials in the auction house, would beg to differ.

And nice to see they're selling additional landclaims. I got a neg for saying that a few days ago.
frown.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If archaeologist is a non-combat class, and it is just as rewarding as combat based classes in EQN, I may never actually fight a mob. I'll just dig around, build shit, and explore for months on end.
I want my treasure maps. There is some serious potential with this voxel tech in regards to exploring. Think they would ban Indiana Gnome?!

Quaid

Trump's Staff
I'm going gnome or DE. Something horns or no horns..
I'm gonna hold off on a racial decision for quite some time... Need to know if there are racial abilities/bonuses, if Iksar are playable, and what racial armour appearance styles are.

Assuming all stays static though, I'll probably go Kerran - but a black panther model with a super African name like !Jibway Boontu

tad10

Elisha Dushku
I'm gonna hold off on a racial decision for quite some time... Need to know if there are racial abilities/bonuses, if Iksar are playable, and what racial armour appearance styles are.

Assuming all stays static though, I'll probably go Kerran - but a black panther model with a super African name like !Jibway Boontu
I would have gone with Huey Newton or Bobby Seale but otherwise Kerran for Beta for sure.