EQ Never

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Anomander Rake

Golden Knight of the Realm
F2P is ruining the industry and SOE is too incompetent to finally pull their heads out of their asses and not fuck this one up. Or SOE is going to bring back the magic and save the franchise. Discuss.

Treesong

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Damn, again too late to reclaim this epic thread as the threadstarter!
smile.png
I know, I know, I am sad. Still, I hope this thread goes places. Not having any high hopes about the game though.

smile.png

smile.png

khanable_sl

shitlord
Has there been any new information released about this game as of late? Other than the 'we scrapped it for something new' shit?

BubbySoup

I just want dungeons dammit! Big, fuck-off, sprawling things I can get lost in. Fuck a series of connected rooms, plenty of MMO's have that already. Neither do I want a map! Maps are the devil!

But most of all I want to see other people in there, people not in my party ...please?!?

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Damn, again too late to reclaim this epic thread as the threadstarter!
smile.png
I know, I know, I am sad. Still, I hope this thread goes places. Not having any high hopes about the game though.
Haha I would gladly remove my name in place of yours if its possible. I saw the opportunity to make it the first thread ever in this section and felt it was fitting.

smile.png

smile.png

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just want dungeons dammit! Big, fuck-off, sprawling things I can get lost in. Fuck a series of connected rooms, plenty of MMO's have that already. Neither do I want a map! Maps are the devil!

But most of all I want to see other people in there, people not in my party ...please?!?
I still think it would be a pretty cool mindfuck If they used a lot of the orignal dungeons and just added twists to them.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Has there been any new information released about this game as of late? Other than the 'we scrapped it for something new' shit?
When was the last time they actually released information about this game?

IIRC, all I know is that they're working on it and they think it will be a big thing.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
IIRC, all I know is that they're working on it and they think it will be a big thing.
They thought EQ2 would be a big thing, and we all know how that turned out.

BubbySoup

I still think it would be a pretty cool mindfuck If they used a lot of the orignal dungeons and just added twists to them.
Yeah, I'd go with that. One of the big problems I had with EQ2 was my expectations of recognising places from my EQ days, but they even fucked that up.

Nebuchadnezzar

Golden Squire
The more I think about it, the more I wonder why they're even using the Everquest IP for their next big MMO. It's not that strong of an IP and the people that did play EQ will only be making negative associations between the old and the new.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I dunno.. It seems pretty logical considering they are going for a sandbox. I think the hype from old players will help and if the game is done right, plays well and looks good the IP could actually gain some serious attention. I understand that's the best possible outcome I predicted.

Destante

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm not sure how you can think EQ isn't that big of an IP. It was one of the first mmo's, was hugely successful for it's time and is still running to this day along with its bastard child sequel. Just becuase it never got WoW numbers does not mean its not relevant in the mmo landscape.

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Well, you can't just go "EQ has an awesome pedigree!" when you realize that it would be similar to saying that Meridian 59 has an awesome pedigree. It has been like 8+ years since EQ was prevalent. EQ2 went second tier almost at launch, while EQ maintained at least until 2005. It might be relevant, but not for a vast majority of people playing in the genre. I -hope- this new sandbox concept isn't the half baked ideas that permeated EQ1/2 put in videogame form and it turns out to be a really awesome selling point as well as a reason for gamers to be interested in it. The sad fact of history, however, puts it purely in the "yeah we'll see" type range with minimal optimism. EQ has a pedigree... but that pedigree is not a publicly favorable one at all. At least not in modern times. The primary relevance that EQ has in today's market could be summed up as: Mistakes to Learn From.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I think all games can be summed up as mistakes to learn from.. Just so happens EQ was one of the orignal games of the time so it was scrutinized more. Even now you see people showing up to a new game forum and add/taking away what they liked in games like WoW. I think a large group of people who never played EQ only know what was told to them by people like us who played WoW/ newer mmos. I remember having conversations in WoW with noobs about EQ all the time. I get the reference but I'm expecting some serious hype around this game from the entire mmo community.

Oldbased

> Than U
I'll admit I didn't read every post of the last 2 sites/threads on this game, but has there ever been any actual information about this game yet?

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Not really. Just that they kind of started over, but it's still on pace.

Which is good since with EQ2, they let Brad design it and get like 65% done, then told Gallenite to finish it from what I understand. Always better to start overbeforeyou release it....