EQ Never

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Just read the new lore book... Looks like 'Akashidak' is another planet/realm. The Ogres and Dwarves at least originated there. Looks like the elves used the wizard spire portals to travel between worlds. I'm guessing this is where the Tier'Dal get trapped with that dragon and become Dark Elves.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just read the new lore book... Looks like 'Akashidak' is another planet/realm. The Ogres and Dwarves at least originated there. Looks like the elves used the wizard spire portals to travel between worlds. I'm guessing this is where the Tier'Dal get trapped with that dragon and become Dark Elves.
So EQN is copying WoW lore almost exactly now.

TrainWreck1.gif

Quaid

Trump's Staff
What the fuck dragon. The Tier'Dal were made by Innoruuk.
Innorruuk doesn't exist in EQ:Next, as far as we know.

To be honest, I always thought the EVIL GOD BECAUSE EVIL and FEAR GOD BECAUSE FEAR was pretty shitty storytelling. Villains with actual motivations and complexity are far more compelling than anthropomorphized emotions/elements.

Lina_sl

shitlord
Why does it seem like every EQ dev is 35-45yrs old?
People who played Eq then are kinda in their 30's now.

I can't with it anymore. No more 2, Next and things they throw at me. I have other things to do, different games to play, whatever.

Anything I read about the entire franchise advancing still has me in the same blas? mode.

G'luck to them and all, but I'm not buying into their hype. Too old for it.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
People who played Eq then are kinda in their 30's now.

I can't with it anymore. No more 2, Next and things they throw at me. I have other things to do, different games to play, whatever.

Anything I read about the entire franchise advancing still has me in the same blas? mode.

G'luck to them and all, but I'm not buying into their hype. Too old for it.
The whole bottle?!

W

Wrathcaster

Innorruuk doesn't exist in EQ:Next, as far as we know.

To be honest, I always thought the EVIL GOD BECAUSE EVIL and FEAR GOD BECAUSE FEAR was pretty shitty storytelling. Villains with actual motivations and complexity are far more compelling than anthropomorphized emotions/elements.
I guess it might be lazy, but I always liked the pantheon representing different desires and emotions. I mean, most villains in a lot of MMO's tend to be rather one dimensional anyway, and I never based my murdering of things in EQ off motivations or complexity anyway. Then again, I dig the concept of mortals producing deities through subconscious compunction ala Warhammer Chaos pantheon, so I'm a bit biased. Still, the god of fear doesn't necessarily have to be evil to everyone if you take the stance of moral relativism. Rallos Zek, for example, probably seems fairly horrible to the peaceful hippie types, but a god borne of the worship of war and bloodshed must seem pretty kickass to those of a more violent inclination. I guess I'm getting a bit off track, but I also never considered the gods of EQ as the true enemy but the acts of their followers that gave them power, and there's plenty of room for varying motivations for someone who willingly chooses to worship a god of awful.

Also, wasn't Innorruuk the god of hate?

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
< Mental image of Innoruuk as Palpatine telling the high elves to let the hate flow through them >

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
< Mental image of Innoruuk as Palpatine telling the high elves to let the hate flow through them >
I always saw Innoruuk as Tunare's hatefull little brother cutting the heads off her Dolls and then sowing them back together again.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
In a game that has elementals, greater elementals (gods) makes sense. I love the plane of 'aspect' idea.
I think the gods should have a greater role, since they created everything and all. Instead of race dictating class, have god-choice. A cleric of Innoruuk should be a different class from a cleric of Rodcet

Good and evil should also be downplayed. I roleplayed the fuck out of an Iksar. To them, Fear is respect and order. To not hold fear in high respect is dishonorable and chaotic and evil. Love and forgiveness was thusly careless and abhorrent, evil.

I imagined Innoruuk pestering the hell out of his subjects and using them as his scapegoats to his own failures. Hatred is impotence. Those under his rule diffuse their own torment through hating and trolling others.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
No disrespect to the guys behind EQNext, there ideas would be the best in MMO history as far as we know but, I really feel like everything from the lore to art direction is all over-thought. What is wrong with EQ? Why are they trying so hard to answer so many meaningless questions and modify portions of the game that are engraved in the legacy of EQ? Maybe i'm missing something and I understand what is and is not popular today but what are they shooting for with this game? I would probably be more excited if this was a new IP all together than to slap the EQ sticker on this game. I'm just not seeing enough EQ in EQNext. Hopefully, they'll surprise me.

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
No disrespect to the guys behind EQNext, there ideas would be the best in MMO history as far as we know but, I really feel like everything from the lore to art direction is all over-thought. What is wrong with EQ? Why are they trying so hard to answer so many meaningless questions and modify portions of the game that are engraved in the legacy of EQ? Maybe i'm missing something and I understand what is and is not popular today but what are they shooting for with this game? I would probably be more excited if this was a new IP all together than to slap the EQ sticker on this game. I'm just not seeing enough EQ in EQNext. Hopefully, they'll surprise me.
Because EQ & EQ2s current playerbase is mostly housewives and super aspies. Those two groups love all those things.