EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
taunt alone never generated good aggro, glad to see you're still retarded
Taunt alone never generated 'good' agro... and it still doesn't, its enough to get agro, if you played more often you would see that at higher levels monks or other high dps can take a warriors mob if he doesn't have procing weapons with ease, especially if they have a proc weapon like t-staff etc.

Swagdaddy

There is a war going on over control of your mind
the argument on the epicemu forums was specific to taunt aggro generation, I'm sure you remember the thread

maybe in the year since then you realized 99.9% of eq players were actually correct, was a nice meltdown though at the time

Kegz_sl

shitlord
the argument on the epicemu forums was specific to taunt aggro generation, I'm sure you remember the thread

maybe in the year since then you realized 99.9% of eq players were actually correct, was a nice meltdown though at the time
No idea what you said, legit.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
Glad I stopped arguing with the guy... just wow. Really took this thread to a whole new level Kegz. I'd suggest sticking to a new website for advertisement, I find it hard to believe you'd garner many new players after this 3 ring circus.

O and yea, warrior taunt alone *is* enough to hold threat 99% of the time on this server. It's funny you mentioned T-Staff though. Did you intentionally make 100 blows have way too much threat? It's literally the only time I've lost aggro to anyone. And while we're on the subject, change 100 blows to a stun alone vs. NPCs. It never made shit actually spin around on live except for players iirc. Legit feedback buddy. (tho I wouldn't know cuz I got banned and/or never played Sleeper I guess) - truth be told tho, I have never voice chatted with you. Posting numerous unanswered bug reports on the forums was enough to deter me from caring enough to ever try, not to mention the threats that one of our guildmates was going to get banned for some word-of-mouth server rule you made up on the spot in mumble for Divinity that one day.

Real talk though: If you want to salvage your dwindling population, I'd suggest finding some help running your server. Simple bugs go unchanged since beta. Find someone that's willing to work on database development for you. Give them a copy of what you have running on the Sleeper, and let them submit SQL snippets to you. Find an in-game GM or two for support. And stop having meltdowns on posts like this over people with legit complaints about the server. If it wasn't for the fact that I'm 95% sure you'd ban my accounts, I'd just outright tell you who I was to disprove your claims of troll account, banned for cheating etc etc. But truth is, I've left my info with guildies to keep using my toons as needed.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Glad I stopped arguing with the guy... just wow. Really took this thread to a whole new level Kegz. I'd suggest sticking to a new website for advertisement, I find it hard to believe you'd garner many new players after this 3 ring circus.
Sounds like you dont know anything about marketing, and dont make it seem like there's something to lose here this is rerolled... and yes, T-staff made shit spin.

I suggest if you have legit complaints meet me in mumble, Im easy to reach almost every day, trolls can keep on flaming they have nothing better to offer the population of players, like I said even the Microsoft paper clip could help them build an EQ server if they tried.

Sleeper most legit Velious server in existence and if you have problems report them or learn some shit and help fix it.
smile.png

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Sleeper most legit Velious server in existence and if you have problems report them or learn some shit and help fix it.
smile.png
Tried to help you by contributing code from my former emu project. You weren't interested. What you wanted was for me to paste my code onto your forum so that you could implement it. That's not how "help" works.

If I'm misunderstanding here, go ahead and set me straight, but I tried to talk to you a few times. I'm not interested in Mumble. I was interested in helping you (and the community) out, and you clearly need help. With your server, I mean. Yeah.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
Taken from Alla's:

Posted @ 2002-11-06 19:35:43
T-staff does have an Unresistable stun proc, I fight in Kael alot with my 57th monk and constantly get stun procs, Its very nice when I get a full 12 second stun, giants just sits there and gets beat up on without hitting back

There has never been a single mention in any post about the T-Staff nor 100 blows proc about whirl hitting. Only stun. This is the case mostly, I assume, because a spinning mob = riposting DPSers that would otherwise be facing the back of it. Which happens on your server when 100 blows goes off.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
I have no interest whatsoever in Mumble. Do you know anything about programmers in general? We're not known for our people skills. Also, I didn't claim I couldn't contribute, just that your fearless leader didn't seem at all interested. I'm not interested in throwing a bunch of code into eqemu. I'm interested in working on a project. Throwing code into a forum does -not- equal working on a project.

Also, this thread chronicles a lot of interesting decisions being made by the staff on the server. Lots of cries of favouritism. How do you view these claims? Can I get an honest answer, or are you just going to throw a bunch of names around again?

Drowed_sl

shitlord
Yep, that's about the response I expected. A small clutter of scripts and a link to the stock Emu source does not make your project "open source". Where's YOUR source code? Wheres YOUR database?

Status
Not open for further replies.