EQ - The Sleeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
Also, why should anyone bother taking their time to help fix your server when most feedback, such as spin stun on 100 blows as seen above, is met with "nope sry I remember npcs spinning on live".

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Note that you have to be logged in to his site to see the actual pages. If you aren't, you get a 404.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Yep, that's about the response I expected. A small clutter of scripts and a link to the stock Emu source does not make your project "open source". Where's YOUR source code? Wheres YOUR database?
Our source code is EQEmu + the C++ scripts listed on the forums plus some additional changes we have yet to release since they are still being perfected.

Our database is the PEQ database + the SQL scripts we are publicly releasing, we revamped the entire PEQ database to the Velious era and wrote every single script along the way, so anyone can take a stock DB and use the SQL scripts provided at that link to turn their zones back to classic.

Eventually we're going to do just that, take a stock db run all the scripts against it and provide that as a solution, but we also feel its better to provide each script so you can pick and choose what you want to revert, depending on how classic or custom you want to go as a dev.

Why should anyone bother taking the time to fix "my" server? Sorry this is phrased really wrong, remember we are releasing all the code so every bug found and squashed will never need to be fixed again by devs who want to use this code, that's why you should bother taking time to fix things, for everyone.

And for your T-Staff issue:

One Hundred Blows
Description:
1: SpinStun
2: Decrease HP when cast by 120

"Cast on you: You begin tospinfrom one hundred blows."

http://web.archive.org/web/200302101...tml?spell=1809

Whirl till you hurl
Description

http://web.archive.org/web/200403061...html?spell=303

axeman_sl

shitlord
Mobs weren't able to spin on live, they'd just behave as if hit by a regular stun. The fact that the mechanic is called SpinStun doesn't mean anything. Mobs were mehcanically incapable of spinning.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
I've never logged into sleeper, but no way would I come play this server now, seeing the lead admin throwing child temper tantrums on other forums trying to promote his own server. Wow....
yup 100% i think for the 4 people you gained, you probably lost 100 due to how you decide to handle yourself on these boards.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
And for your T-Staff issue:

One Hundred Blows
Description:
2: Decrease HP when cast by 120

"Cast on you: You begin tospinfrom one hundred blows."

http://web.archive.org/web/200302101...tml?spell=1809

Whirl till you hurl
Description

http://web.archive.org/web/200403061...html?spell=303
Congrats on linking to lucy spell data I guess? What axeman said is 100% correct. Neither 100 blows, whirl til you hurl, Trochilic's Skean nor any other "SpinStun" related proc EVER made an npc physically spin on EverQuest Live. This is probably still true to date, or at least most certainly 100% the case on EQMac. Feel free to go test it yourself.

I'm sure there's plenty of anecdotal data from places like safehouse, monkly-business and allakhazams for these items in which players reference taking advantage of the regular stun effect on NPCs to position behind the NPC for the duration of the stun. But I digress. This type of conversation with you is exactly why shit doesn't get fixed appropriately on your server, why so many players have quit and why you're doomed to a failed population. "Nope I don't remember it that way so it's not getting changed harrrumphhh!!!"

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Hey, since we're talking about spell text, I remembered some random spell:

Anarchy, level 32 ENC: "Your world dissolves into anarchy."

I guess that when this is used, the target's screen should melt, right?

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

I'm pretty sure Kegz cast this spell on his own server.

Drowed_sl

shitlord
Lmao! Was totally thinking of random spell contexts to throw back at him too
biggrin.png

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

when you blind an NPC does their screen go dark?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
He has a functional,open-sourcewith Velious alternative to P99. Quit sweatin' his jock.

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
https://epicemu.com/forum/no-2-box-camp-claiming

Most retarded fucking rule, ever.

I was almost contemplating playing on this server due to some bullshit im dealing with on p99 and decided to skim the forums seeing if there was any more bullshit going on. I was feeling like, ok well 100 blows spinning isnt THAT bad, factions screwed up? Who gives a fuck, really? but then I stumpled across this rule and told my wife who never played an MMO in her life in these terms:

Ok, you pull up to the drive-thru at mcdonalds, waiting for your turn to order, a van full of college kids pulls up behind you and demands you let them go ahead of you. she replies "id just say no" and then the manager of mcdonalds comes out and tells you to let them go ahead of you or else. She continued: "That's bullshit"

Fuck this server and let it die.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
LOL. What a joke. Either you can box or you can't. If you want to 2 box a camp, that's your business.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It's more like this.

You're at the drive through at mcdonalds, and a van full of pregnant mothers with their sick and dying children pulls in behind you. They ask if they can go in front of you, you say no, sick kids shouldn't eat mcdonalds, and they say neither should you, and you're both right, so you both leave and eat somewhere better. Then the manager of the mcdonalds comes out and tells you you're fucking retarded for trying to equate locking down camps with a bot army to eating at a fucking mcdonalds.

gn0me_sl

shitlord
https://epicemu.com/forum/no-2-box-camp-claiming

Most retarded fucking rule, ever.

I was almost contemplating playing on this server due to some bullshit im dealing with on p99 and decided to skim the forums seeing if there was any more bullshit going on. I was feeling like, ok well 100 blows spinning isnt THAT bad, factions screwed up? Who gives a fuck, really? but then I stumpled across this rule and told my wife who never played an MMO in her life in these terms:

Ok, you pull up to the drive-thru at mcdonalds, waiting for your turn to order, a van full of college kids pulls up behind you and demands you let them go ahead of you. she replies "id just say no" and then the manager of mcdonalds comes out and tells you to let them go ahead of you or else. She continued: "That's bullshit"

Fuck this server and let it die.
Rule hasn't been actively enforced iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.