EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
My dad, Ronald EverQuest Senior, said that that's a lie!

Sadly John Videogames isn't returning my calls

1709688477393.png

That guy always has the infoz.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zish

Trakanon Raider
Anything but a classic start would totally ruin the server for me.

And it also wouldn't make a ton of sense, would it? Considering it's the "big anniversary server." Celebrate the game by just skipping content?

And there's so much krono to be made in classic...

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Kunark start has just been inferred by the Calendar entry, but I've been reminded that launch dates don't actually appear on it so we can't be sure there isn't a classic launch a month earlier.

A Kunark start wouldn't bother me though, opens up alternate leveling paths, no need to grind those awful OOT goblins if you're ahead of the pack and waiting for the Hole to open.

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
A Kunark start would be fine. I think Mischief style loot and FTE would work too. Not keen on any type of pvp, but we'll see. Early EQ Zek nostalgia is no match against the modern TLP community's boxing, hyper-boxing, scripts, in depth zone knowledge, etc.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anything but a classic start would totally ruin the server for me.

And it also wouldn't make a ton of sense, would it? Considering it's the "big anniversary server." Celebrate the game by just skipping content?

And there's so much krono to be made in classic...
Ruin seems a bit over dramatic. Not like the classic content won't be there. Classic has already been shortened to a month (which seems to have near a 100% approval rating in the community) so a kunark launch does feel kind of inevitable.

I think you're in the minority. Bigger world, iksars, more leveling paths, epics, more raid content. RIP plane of sky memes. If they launched two servers with the same ruleset except one started classic and the other in Kunark, I bet Kunark would have the higher pop.

Plus, isn't there even more stuff to farm in kunark? I know certain items like yaks and FBSS's will be devalued, but there's a lot of krono to be made in Kunark too. Especially on a free trade server with tradeable epic drops.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard
Kunark start is absolutely a great way to rejuvenate the classic start. 100% of the Classic raids still have BiS loot and required items due to Epics. Even in Kunark you have people wearing Ethereal Mist bracers and Umbral BP's etc. It adds REALLY good quest lines:

Iksar racial quests
Archeologist Quest
Epic Quests

Also there's a ton of Kunark zones that are great zones for leveling that are just completely bypassed by high level characters. Kaesora, Kurns, DALNIR'S, and City of Mist just to name a few. IF, and that's a big if, they add a random loot component to these camps that would pull from the classic pool (as they're unlocking in one unit) that would be major. It would completely reorganize population flow for leveling. People would go to places they've never been in the 5 TLP's they'ved played because they become viable. That would be awesome.

And if you want to go Noobie Zone---Unrest----Guk---Hole---Sebilis---Chardok for the 6th time, you can do that too.

Part of me almost wants them to nerf the out of era Chardok loot to bring itemization more into balance in era and make some VP weapons not dogshit, but that would hurt casuals and krono kings more so it's probably fine to leave it in. It is funny keying and grinding through VP to have 50% of the loot literally rot on the corpse or go for 1 dkp and never get used.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Nothing of consequence gets skipped by starting in kunark. Oot goblins and maybe 3 total quests like the aegis if life, only horrific stuff. Kunark zones are also wildly nerfed xp from 30+ and hard to reach before that so the classic zones people DO like should still be quite viable (unrest guk etc). In fact, I think a traditional "fast" group with mage cleric enchanter is likely not even going to kunark until the 40s!

What DOES change a lot is the optimal class situation. The large zone access makes "ahead of the curve" a lot less meaningful, and instead, that 50-60 stretch is where the real slog is. A shaman is arguably better than a mage for your malo caster. A necromancer or even druid is far better than a 2nd enchanter once you already have one. In fact, the "fastest" groups will probably want to go really hard on either multiple necros or multiple druids, since you can now level in 100% undead areas that are decent, or 100% animal (often insect) areas that are usually decent. In a classic only start, a druid can do alright until goblins but sucks in sola, so you're stuck in insect spots and NEED efreeti camp while being outpaced by groups in better zones, whereas here they can charm in places like kaesora and droga and seb and then are stronger than enchanter in the chardok home stretch. Necros are even better here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Lmao last Anniversary server they skipped the whole trilogy and the server was better for it.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Oh I forgot one of the biggest changes:

Warriors get Defensive for raiding so they actually have a purpose. That's huge for them as in Classic they're just the worst option for raid tanking due to aggro issues compared to a Paladin/SK. With Defensive it makes their iffy aggro (fixed by epics anyways) worth the trade off.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
What if it’s just a typo and it was supposed to be June 20th Kunark opens? It would match with May 22 Classic start, 4 weeks of classic just like the Mischief cadence.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Part of me almost wants them to nerf the out of era Chardok loot to bring itemization more into balance in era and make some VP weapons not dogshit, but that would hurt casuals and krono kings more so it's probably fine to leave it in. It is funny keying and grinding through VP to have 50% of the loot literally rot on the corpse or go for 1 dkp and never get used
I like Aeth's idea of throwing different early tiers of defiant on the motm mobs for the first few expansions. Esp something like VP loot which doesn't make a lot of sense when epics are so easily obtainable.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Lol i just realized this thread is somehow ignored for me, no idea how to undo it

an earlier TLP would be kinda sick, im bored of wow and have no attention span for quarm's slow speed