EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lol i just realized this thread is somehow ignored for me, no idea how to undo it

an earlier TLP would be kinda sick, im bored of wow and have no attention span for quarm's slow speed
You probably have Hekk (the thread starter) on ignore.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I need you to no life launch with me and another bro if the ruleset isnt terrible. K, thanks.
My poopsock is yours! As long as it's a free trade server. I can be flexible on anything else, but after Mischief and FV and comparing to any other server it's just way too good to give up.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users
I think a Zek PvP server would actually be successful enough along side a Mischief clone. Two different audiences.

Only issue with a PvP server is the amount of cheating that is normalized now. Everyone will be running ShowEQ at minimum for radar hacks. I guess I can tolerate that if everyone isn't using the other beast that allows much more like warping, etc.

Needless

Toe Sucker
You probably have Hekk (the thread starter) on ignore.
lmao that was it

a PVP server sounds super DOA, but im sure the 100 meth heads that loved Red99 would eat it up. (R99 was funny as fuck to observe mind you, so im for it)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I love me some EQ PVP and I'm very much just one of the sheep to the slaughter on that type of server. If they launch PVP alongside a Mischief style server it won't last 2 weeks. Its a guaranteed way to kill the idea forever... which is maybe the whole point. If you actually wanted it to have a chance, launch it alongside the next Phinny clone

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Apparently you dorks forgot about the time they entertained the idea of a PVP server and only like 40 people showed up.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider
A velious locked PVP server might be fun for awhile as just a gimmick. Let it run till the end of 2024 with some kind of leaderboard or hook and it would draw people. Back in the day I played on some emu PVP server for a bit where people dropped tokens you could turn in for various things; it was pretty fun for a little bit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Scheduled PvP would be fun. One day a week everybody is red. another day it's factional. Rest is carebear style.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Make OW raid boss areas pvp enabled. Gives you pvpers what they want and makes OW raids more interesting instead of 1 zerg guild controlling it all.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Make OW raid boss areas pvp enabled. Gives you pvpers what they want and makes OW raids more interesting instead of 1 zerg guild controlling it all.
Yeah, PvP definitely means the incentive to have a zerg guild wouldn't be there at all.

• 2Worf

Xevy

Log Wizard
One of my guildmates mentioned a PVP hotzone where PVP was enabled that rotated. That would be a more interesting idea while not spoiling the entire server to the chaos and griefing that comes with a PVP server.

Overall PVP and EQ just don't mix. Especially not nowadays with SEQ, MQ2, and shit like NAG or GINA which would let you know exactly what cooldown timers other people have.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Oh I forgot one of the biggest changes:

Warriors get Defensive for raiding so they actually have a purpose. That's huge for them as in Classic they're just the worst option for raid tanking due to aggro issues compared to a Paladin/SK. With Defensive it makes their iffy aggro (fixed by epics anyways) worth the trade off.

Yeah, Warrior gets to actually be good right from the get-go here.

Necros are gonna be part of the meta too.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Warrior gets to actually be good right from the get-go here.

Necros are gonna be part of the meta too.

Warrior is still the 2nd weakest class to level, and there's a pretty huge gap between everyone else and them+rogue at the bottom.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Warrior is still the 2nd weakest class to level, and there's a pretty huge gap between everyone else and them+rogue at the bottom.

Yeah, I meant Necros are gonna be part of the meta "too" in terms of along with Enchanter, not that Warrior is the meta.

Warrior is still gonna be a PITA to level, but at least there's a light at the end of the tunnel unlike classic. Disciplines from the get-go changes the game a bit for several classes.

Would be really nice if they made this the "all classes available from the beginning" year, considering level 1-60 should give Zerker and Beastlord most of their important stuff. Would need to make a few disciplines Kunark-flagged instead of Luclin-flagged (and Monk Ashenhand disc while they're at it) and one or both epics might require stuff from Luclin, but other than that it would work out. Zerker would be down there with Warrior/Rogue in tier, but Beastlord would be a great addition to Kunark. We'd get to see a bunch of Iksar, Troll, Ogre, Barb, Elf BSTS instead of just cat beasts too.

Daidraco

Man. It feels like you guys have had some real shitty ass fucking Warriors in your groups.

yerm

Man. It feels like you guys have had some real shitty ass fucking Warriors in your groups.

I had a rogue in a leveling group do fucking fantastic, chain pulling, circling stuff before bringing it in to give time for recharm, clear communication, just a 10/10 player. Doesn't change that rogue is the shittiest class for leveling. A lot of these "fastest" groups pull on mages, which are easily the shittiest of any caster for pulling purposes. Everquest is kinda easy so it works.

Warrior is trash tier for leveling. Their ONLY value in kunark is defensive on raid mobs. I don't care how good the autist behind the char is.