EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Xevy

Log Wizard
Warriors really are proc based for threat rather than pallies/SK's so they're pretty shit until their double yak/wulfenite setup and even then it can be streaky. Their damage can be okay, but a mage/charm pet is going to do 2x the dps so if they're not actively tanking they're not doing much.

Once warriors get battle leap and the damage buff they actually become one of the most consistently high dps classes.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Someone was saying earlier that Enc + Nec is better than adding a second Enc in this era.

What about for a third of the same pair? Enc/Nec/Nec or Enc/Nec/Enc?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Warriors really are proc based for threat rather than pallies/SK's so they're pretty shit until their double yak/wulfenite setup and even then it can be streaky. Their damage can be okay, but a mage/charm pet is going to do 2x the dps so if they're not actively tanking they're not doing much.

Once warriors get battle leap and the damage buff they actually become one of the most consistently high dps classes.

Oh man, I forgot about Battle Leap. Such a fun ability in the lategame. I knew quite a few Warriors who could dish out tons of DPS and post surprising parse numbers.

Xevy

Log Wizard
For those of you not knowing what class to play, a few of us made this.

Disclaimer: There are a lot of outliers to a lot of shit, and trust me, we took them into account already. Shamans soloing dragons in Velious but having to play at 100% efficiency to lock down a solo velks camp doesn't mean they're S tier soloers.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Razzes

Trakanon Raider

Disclaimer: There are a lot of outliers to a lot of shit, and trust me, we took them into account already. Shamans soloing dragons in Velious but having to play at 100% efficiency to lock down a solo velks camp doesn't mean they're S tier soloers.

Meh ranger is by far the best raid dps in PoP. Maybe not in luclin since there is no aoe, but in PoP rangers avoid aoe ramp/slow/nuke while doing their max dps with only elemental gear. Monk needs ton of healing/cures and only slightly outdps ranger with bis gear weeks/months after prog is over and only when TS is down. It s actually absurd how superior ranger are in pop relative to other dps.

Also the king of support in pop raid is bard, not ench.

Last edited:

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Meh ranger is by far the best raid dps in PoP. Maybe not in luclin since there is no aoe, but in PoP rangers avoid aoe ramp/slow/nuke while doing their max dps with only elemental gear. Monk needs ton of healing/cures and only slightly outdps ranger with bis gear weeks/months after prog is over and only when TS is down. It s actually absurd how superior ranger are in pop relative to other dps.

Also the king of support in pop raid is bard, not ench.

To me Rangers in POP are like a normal sports car say a mustang. Ya very good, will do the job without much hassle. Monks are like Porsches, somewhat of a hassle but will beat a mustang any day. But my friend wizards are the Ferraris. When they don't break down (aka over aggro) man they will blow any other class away dps wise.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
To me Rangers in POP are like a normal sports car say a mustang. Ya very good, will do the job without much hassle. Monks are like Porsches, somewhat of a hassle but will beat a mustang any day. But my friend wizards are the Ferraris. When they don't break down (aka over aggro) man they will blow any other class away dps wise.
Agree on the wizard analogy. They ll still lose on the overall to ranger and monk. And are too affected by deaths and mistakes. The bottom line is, ranger will be far more valuable on hard fight during prog ( rathe council , tallon zek) than monks. It s not even close imo.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
And now with personas you can just be all the things and swap to whatever is needed for a given raid. It's fucking fantastic.

Xevy

Log Wizard
This is accurate. Wizards aren't cooldown reliant in PoP so they just put out tremendous DPS constantly and the only thing holding them back is tank aggro. Rangers can win a fight IF Trueshot is up, and when its not they're solid easy dps, but Monks have more cooldowns they can stagger and a good monk with good gear will be very competitive.

Rangers are 100% the easiest of the "good" DPS in PoP though.

Enchanters are top Utility because Bards only do what enchanters do at a lesser level. Haste, mana regen, mezzing. Same, but worse. Attack buffs sure, but every other class in PoP (Rangers, Shaman, etc) also have attack buffs that give more attack. Bards are a bonus not a requirement.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Amplified psalm of veeshan is literally mvp of the whole xpac utility wise as far as im concerned. Bard are absolutely required on time bosses during prog lol. You prob just havent played PoP in a while. The most important classes to stack in pop for raiding are cleric/war/bard/ranger

Xevy

Log Wizard
If you could have a raid without any enchanters or without any bards, which do you think most people would pick?

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
If you could have a raid without any enchanters or without any bards, which do you think most people would pick?
Without enchanter. My answer, idk about "most" people.
Also its a bad question cause it s more relevant to know which class to stack than to know which class u absolutely need one of: most raid will have one of each class for buffs. Shaman by that logic would also be more important than ench to guarantee a 500hp buff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
SK dropping to B in Kunark?

They are top tier DPS for that expac, they can beat everyone when unholy is up which is pretty often.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

They are top tier DPS for that expac, they can beat everyone when unholy is up which is pretty often.

Shhh I want less competition.

Without enchanter. My answer, idk about "most" people.
Also its a bad question cause it s more relevant to know which class to stack than to know which class u absolutely need one of: most raid will have one of each class for buffs. Shaman by that logic would also be more important than ench to guarantee a 500hp buff.

Past a certain point Paladin is also crucial to have at least one of so you can get Brells on everyone who isn't a meleer and doesn't need Ranger buffs. That adds a ton of collective HP to a raid. Noticing more and more that hardly anybody wants to run Paladin though and I've seen raids that don't even have one.

Xevy

Log Wizard

Once every 60 minutes.

And outside Venril Sathir they're not raid tanking shit. So no, outside of dragon burns they aren't doing much.

Edit: 36 minutes or whatever Unholy is now. It means for certain fights it's up, but in things like VP you get its down more often than not for fights.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
As a paladin, the wizards would love when I would tank certain bosses in time because they could go totally ham. We really pushed it and I had to do everything just to stay a step ahead of them. Those were fun times.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Once every 60 minutes.

And outside Venril Sathir they're not raid tanking shit. So no, outside of dragon burns they aren't doing much.

Edit: 36 minutes or whatever Unholy is now. It means for certain fights it's up, but in things like VP you get its down more often than not for fights.
Snuck that edit in before I could correct you, depending on clear speed and time between bosses it's rarely more than one boss where you don't have it up.

Shhh I want less competition.

Yeah the cat's been out of the bag for a long time on that one, expect 10-20 SK's at launch if your guild is big. Eg Faceless

Past a certain point Paladin is also crucial to have at least one of so you can get Brells on everyone who isn't a meleer and doesn't need Ranger buffs. That adds a ton of collective HP to a raid. Noticing more and more that hardly anybody wants to run Paladin though and I've seen raids that don't even have one.

Usually less popular than SK by a fair margin but the gap is narrowing, everyone knows there's gonna be a shit load of SK's they are good burn DPS and can Tank everything in classic but they get outclassed for raid utility by Paladins further down an expansions life. Arguably as soon as Luclin.

Even sooner if you count chain dying to spam LoH or doing 0% rezzes on DT takers.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The big problem with Paladins is that they're pretty dogshit until Luclin and even then, they just start getting all their good tools/utility. Prior to that they're just a worse SK that does way less DPS, have less sustain, etc.

I wouldn't roll a Paladin on anything less than a SoV start.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Mained paladin for two years on earlier TLP, you're definitely useful on raids but an SK is a far more capable solo/box farm character so on the whole an SK is probably the more useful class to main. You'll be competing for the same loot 95% of the time anyway.

Grouping is a wash really, if they need a tank you'll get the spot either way. People may hold out for a cleric over a druid for heals but they won't hold out for a specific tank class, as long as you have a taunt button to get charm pet breaks back under control you're good for the first few expansions.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Someone was saying earlier that Enc + Nec is better than adding a second Enc in this era.

What about for a third of the same pair? Enc/Nec/Nec or Enc/Nec/Enc?

You only need 1 druid or necro to cast haste on a pet, then it can be handed off. But you also only need 1 enc to tash and mez or stun, and shit can be recharmed. So the short answer is necro, but the long answer is its not THAT big a deal once you are on #3. The necro is better because their dots and shit aside from charm far outdo enc. But, if you want more chill, enc enc nec is a lot less crazy than enc nec nec, and enc pulls way better than nec for leveling content if you need that.

I dunno man. I mostly agree, I do, but not wholly. Cleric should be s tier aside from soloing. They are 90+% of the time the bottleneck for what you can get done or how much you can split raid, and in groups their complete heal is the only reasonable way to keep a charm pet consistently going; alternative tricks to heal pets seriously impede how well you can use said pets as tanks, as I think they all require out of combat gimmicks.

Also, druid is seriously underrated since they revamped mob types. Most kunark dungeons have spiders of some sort, and druids can now charm them. That means seb scarabs, droga/nurga spiders, kaesora, etc.

I would therefore argue cleric should be s raider basically always and s grouper kunark to maybe pop at least, necro s grouper in kunark and luclin, druid a grouper kunark and velious.

• 1Like