Greyman

Trakanon Raider
1710644003710.png

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Being able to always have access to an origin that puts you by a nexus spire has got to be sweet for Luclin.

Yeah, wood elf covers that too. So how many of these persona do you have by default, 3? Only need to buy 2 slots, or 1 if your main is one of the five races Xevy mentioned. Obviously dru/wiz have to do less.

If you do all of those I don't think bard is really all that useful after all for runs. Any place where it would be useful, you can't persona-switch back at the destination.

If personas don't share AA timers, Origin should be usable on multiple persona within the same cooldown time period. So origin to Halas, kill Vox, gate or die, origin to Oggok, etc.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Yeah, wood elf covers that too. So how many of these persona do you have by default, 3? Only need to buy 2 slots, or 1 if your main is one of the five races Xevy mentioned. Obviously dru/wiz have to do less.

If you do all of those I don't think bard is really all that useful after all for runs. Any place where it would be useful, you can't persona-switch back at the destination.

If personas don't share AA timers, Origin should be usable on multiple persona within the same cooldown time period. So origin to Halas, kill Vox, gate or die, origin to Oggok, etc.
Laurion xpac comes with 3-7 depending on which one you buy.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
'Nother persona question:

Is there anything stopping you from switching personas to a caster, going to a place and binding yourself there (like the Seb bubble), origining, switching back to your non-caster main, and gate potioning back to the new bind point? Or at least reappearing there upon death? Meaning non-casters can now be bound wherever. I assume so unless each persona has their own bind point, which would also be quite useful.

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No it's a totally different character. Binds are unique.

• 1Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
'Nother persona question:

Is there anything stopping you from switching personas to a caster, going to a place and binding yourself there (like the Seb bubble), origining, switching back to your non-caster main, and gate potioning back to the new bind point? Or at least reappearing there upon death? Meaning non-casters can now be bound wherever. I assume so unless each persona has their own bind point, which would also be quite useful.
They have their own bind point. They have their own death location.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This means your level 5 Origin-bots could also be bound in other places and used as a death-shortcut to get around. Basically doubling your available town-warps. Run the DE down to Oggok and bind there and you can skip the Ogre bot.

Basically you can create your own super-ghetto version of PoK.

Xevy

Log Wizard
It would probably be nice for velious to have a bind in each of the major factions.
Yeah and like I said, being able to switch to each char with Kael v CoV faction and turn in whatever piece you want to mix and match to BiS your main would be pretty nifty. Or just for the poors who /random on that stuff and just turn in whatever you win. Be really nice QoL for a non multi-splitting raid type gamer.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

My wacky epic idea got shat on by a bunch of people with no imagination who barely even read the post, or noticed that I had recommended levels for stats and level requirements for effects. Credit to Demetri for actually reading it and having a thought-out response.

Easy to forget that the EQLive boards are not FOH and the bar for discourse there is low.

Zish

Trakanon Raider
You could go full WoW artifacts and have special gems drop that can be slotted into them each expansion that give them increasing wacky effects.

• 1Like

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider

My wacky epic idea got shat on by a bunch of people with no imagination who barely even read the post, or noticed that I had recommended levels for stats and level requirements for effects. Credit to Demetri for actually reading it and having a thought-out response.

Easy to forget that the EQLive boards are not FOH and the bar for discourse there is low.
For good reason. Your idea is terrible and you should have someone take a steaming shit on your chest.

• 8Like
  • 7Worf
Reactions: 14 users

Mini

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah and like I said, being able to switch to each char with Kael v CoV faction and turn in whatever piece you want to mix and match to BiS your main would be pretty nifty. Or just for the poors who /random on that stuff and just turn in whatever you win. Be really nice QoL for a non multi-splitting raid type gamer.
I don’t think this would work since you can’t have a persona of the same class as your main. And those quests require same-class turn ins. Unless I’m mistaking what you’re proposing.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
DBG took so much heat from players when they made the persona system terrible in beta, they don't care.

I'm contemplating popping a few krono to get a heroic char on all my accounts for personas some time this year. But the thought of leveling them grinding and cycling overseer a couple hundred times is very demotivating. It's not even a one-time problem either. It's something you'd have to grind out for every persona you wanted to keep current. I'm still hoping they run the statistics on how many people have a max-level persona character on live and change things, but like I said, they don't care.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Well...well...

I disagree.

Level 1 epic server let's GOOOO.
Handing out epics removes one of the biggest nostalgia draws that classic/kunark has. People like doing the long quest lines to get their epic, and the sense of achievement that comes along with that. If they want to reduce the drama around epic camps, there are less retarded ways to do that rather than just removing the need to do the quests to begin with.

I’d like a TLP where they spend at least a little time trying to balance classes

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
A lot of the changes they already made work well wrt spawn times and ground spawns. FTE kind of makes it dumb again, but at least with double loot for epic drops on vaniki, you had people working together even on annoying shit like vessel or verina tomb.

I'm sure there is still room for improvement on some steps for certain classes, but it's not as bad as it used to be.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Double loot on Vaniki was one of those things you saw on paper and thought, "that's cool." But I had no idea the impact it would have on player behavior.

I made so many friends by teaming up with them to camp stuff together. If kill stealing and asshole behavior existed on the server, I never saw it. That one system brought the community together better than anything else I have seen in EQ.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Double loot on Vaniki was one of those things you saw on paper and thought, "that's cool." But I had no idea the impact it would have on player behavior.

I made so many friends by teaming up with them to camp stuff together. If kill stealing and asshole behavior existed on the server, I never saw it. That one system brought the community together better than anything else I have seen in EQ.

Yeah, blanket double loot was actually really cool.