EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Is FoH going to have a guild on Teek?

Uh, no. Let me give you a hand though.

1713826617319.png

The hat says Relentless Incorporated for you.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>

But it's more likely at launch everyone goes Classic - Seb/Chardok.

I think only a handful of the dedicated will even do that. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the DEMAND for krono farmer services is the ugly hidden half of the overall problem. One to two weeks into server start and everyone will be on the new meta ... pay to have your boxes levelled.

Our newest best friends will be selling them xp group spots ... 24/7

Welcome to the new TLP era.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think only a handful of the dedicated will even do that. Earlier in the thread it was mentioned that the DEMAND for krono farmer services is the ugly hidden half of the overall problem. One to two weeks into server start and everyone will be on the new meta ... pay to have your boxes levelled.

Our newest best friends will be selling them xp group spots ... 24/7

Welcome to the new TLP era.
I dont understand how thats going to be different than any other TLP or server for as far back as I can remember?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I think we should get the server FAQ tomorrow. It’s usually a Monday or Tuesday and tomorrow is the last chance to release it before name reservations go live.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

hEKK

Lord Nagafen Raider
I think we should get the server FAQ tomorrow. It’s usually a Monday or Tuesday and tomorrow is the last chance to release it before name reservations go live.
Jchan about to nut all over the forums

• 1Weird Boner
Reactions: 1 user

Ryoz

<Donor>
The cheating was so flagrant on Oakwynd all you needed was one human, one eyeball and some proactive observation and you would have caught a ton of people.
this kind of shit was standard on Oakwynd - i don't remember seeing it this bad on mischief.

1713878199077.jpeg

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What are clerics like in PvE at 70+ nowadays? I had a Cleric at 75-80 around the time those were max levels and I remember at the time Cleric being actually insane at tanking/soloing/aoeing tons of mobs. But I have some vague memory of huge nerfs. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? it was like a combo of a few spells and/or aa's that caused huge reverse damage shields and auto heals. I remember my 75 cleric would pull like 40 low blue mobs and just delete all of them. Was that heavily nerfed/removed?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Pictured: People who play all the TLPs and chose to do Classic > Seb/Chardok for leveling instead of using Kunark zones

hamster-wheel.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
this kind of shit was standard on Oakwynd - i don't remember seeing it this bad on mischief.

View attachment 525984
We just never saw it. It takes time to set up that much shit, much less level it all, and then when its leveled, you never see them because theyre in AOC's mostly. Setting up the software, creating each character, gathering them all to the same spots, and then going through the noobie levels which is the bigger pain in the ass for boxes (imo). These groups were at most, an entire level range behind those of us that hit launch. I imagine in the later expansions, it's probably easier to fuck off into the less used areas that Tuco Tuco is trying to tri.. encourage people to use because there are so many mobs up in comparison to the heavily camped areas. Especially since loot is random.

Its not like the software to control all the PC's didnt exist at that point. Nor was Mischief, or the servers since, the first time that a single piece of loot has been worth the entire box crews sub in Krono price and with the Mischief Ruleset, you get double loot. The allure is there if thats how you want to play.

Its the guys that do Power Leveling that make me wonder what the fuck is going on in their head. Like holy shit is that some mind numbing shit for what, ~24 bucks an hour? /gag

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler

View attachment 525984
Mischief? Shit, I saw this on Mangler long before I saw it on Mischief. Just as out in the open. Like someone else said, though, it was often behind the usage curve so a lot of people really don't notice.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Mischief? Shit, I saw this on Mangler long before I saw it on Mischief. Just as out in the open. Like someone else said, though, it was often behind the usage curve so a lot of people really don't notice.

On Mangler there were about 4 big crews, Aradune about 1, Mischief 8, Yelinak about 6, Oakwynd about 12

Xevy

Log Wizard
There's a couple reasons to do classic world. Familiarity, PROBABLY lower population, and of course some of the classic loot pool that won't be seen in Kunark zones. Still some BiS stuff like GEBS, FBSS (for about 2 weeks before the CoF/RBB explosion), and even Mith 2hander is very solid until people are putting down Chardok reliably. It does seem super boring and kind of a waste of a Kunark release, but it's just an efficiency thing. I'd love to see people fucking around in Dalnir's and giant fort in FM and stuff, but the sweaty pros know that because ZEM exists, it's just not worth it. I really, REALLY wish they just normalized everything (give it all the 46% treatment) so people can just level where they want to level. Also opens up a lot of soloing venues for people who can't get a group/don't want to get a group.

Zones like The Overthere and Dreadlands are cool because it's infinite pull-and-pick mobs, but even with OT's decent ZEM, it just sucks compared to something like LGuk or Sol B. I really wish they gave more viability for these zones. But for people trying to ENJOY EverQuest, they should hit the spot for that weird late 20's early 30's stretch.