EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
By the way, you still need to get Ethereal/Spectral Parchments and Glyphed Rune Words in era on PoP on TLP's, right?

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I like using the first level mez to recham. It’s like no cast time, no mana, and buys you around 12 seconds. Are you guys even good at eq ? Color flux is for wheelchairs

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I like using the first level mez to recham. It’s like no cast time, no mana, and buys you around 12 seconds. Are you guys even good at eq ? Color flux is for wheelchairs
So you never play past level 55?

• 2Worf

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
I didn't even have re-charming on my mind when I was venting about not having more than 1 color spell. It was 15 other things that become dangerous/annoying without them. But I guess you modern enchanters pretty much only experience charm group content so wouldn't know.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
So the spell that keeps your pet out of the fight longer is the cool, hip choice? That's 33% extra downtime on every recharm because you wanna play it safe.

Color skew (2sec) casts faster than the lvl 2 mez (2.5). PBAE stun is also way more versatile and worth having on your bar over a second ST mez.

If you're struggling to get recharms off while using allure, I guess it's not a bad idea. I never used it but I boxed a cleric so I always had a pocket stun. But once you get Boltran's, 12 seconds is overkill and just slowing down the group.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
Level 2 mez isn't the worst but it does mez your pet for ~12 seconds and won't work well if your pet is dotted, which isn't uncommon. Worth noting that lvl 2 mez costs the same amount of mana as color flux and color flux is a faster cast time and doesn't make your pet useless for a few seconds once you recharm. Color lines are vastly superior for recharming.

One downside is that your charm line takes longer and longer to cast every time you get a new charm spell, but many of the color line spells are researchable. In a perfect world, you have each level appropriate color spell, because the stun lasts the perfect amount of time to recharm within the stun window.

On launch though, at a certain level it's usually better to just color flux, level 2 mez and recharm. For example, if you try to color flux and use your lvl 37 charm, you will almost certainly get bashed before the charm gets off and take a ton of damage because your gear sucks. So ya, at that point, flux, mez, charm and you'll never take damage.

Once you have your spells though it's kind of inexcusable to mez charm. You should definitely be using your color line.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Yeah, that's what I was saying before. The only downside to it is that you lose a bit of DPS time with the pet standing there. First mez should be your backup if stun fails on a charm break and stun should be the first go-to. The way things are now, if the stun doesn't work out, it's locked out, so fall back on the mez if getting charm through isn't happening in time.

Obviously we're talking about a new server launch here. At level 55 you have to change this up a bit. By then the color stun is very long-duration though and should afford a recharm on its own if I'm not mistaken. Might take a hit at the end, put your back against a wall and you'll channel through it.

On launch though, at a certain level it's usually better to just color flux, level 2 mez and recharm. For example, if you try to color flux and use your lvl 37 charm, you will almost certainly get bashed before the charm gets off and take a ton of damage because your gear sucks. So ya, at that point, flux, mez, charm and you'll never take damage.

Yeah pretty much this. It's crazy how good some classes low-level spells are. Everything's a tool. Especially with SK spells. Haven't played in 18 months, is Vampiric Embrace still significantly higher-damage than its upgrades or did that ever get fixed?

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Level 2 mez stays in your gems until it doesn't land anymore. Esp when mana is tight you can basically keep CCing while OOM perpetually. Not that much contention for them anyway so usually have both color and mez up. It also works well as a step down mez when you need a shorter duration mez to clear a longer duration mez without wanting to run up and hit the stupid thing and don't have a dd clicky.

Again though, if you played an enchanter for any duration you're already numb to pet breaks and you just hard cast recharm with glazed over eyes and let the group keep you alive. It's really only painful during the allure era which will not last long on Teek since you'll get Boltran's not long after.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Level 2 mez stays in your gems until it doesn't land anymore. Esp when mana is tight you can basically keep CCing while OOM perpetually. Not that much contention for them anyway so usually have both color and mez up. It also works well as a step down mez when you need a shorter duration mez to clear a longer duration mez without wanting to run up and hit the stupid thing and don't have a dd clicky.

Again though, if you played an enchanter for any duration you're already numb to pet breaks and you just hard cast recharm with glazed over eyes and let the group keep you alive. It's really only painful during the allure era which will not last long on Teek since you'll get Boltran's not long after.

Is BA purchasable or is it a drop? Either way it'll be on the market quicker than the research-only spells. Lot of people will probably just skip over Allure because it simply isn't available in a timely manner (AKA in the first few days).

Dammit, all of this making me want to run enchanter at launch, haven't done that since Aradune I think.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Just face tank it or use the lvl 4 mez, if your healer isn't afk they really shouldn't have any issue keeping you alive from one mob beating on you. The color stuns can get every other mob in camp aggro on you as well and then that healer's job gets a lot harder.

Tank aggro isn't all that hot in the early expansions and quite reliant on getting a successful taunt. Getting 3 mobs off an enchanter can take a long time.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Just face tank it or use the lvl 4 mez, if your healer isn't afk they really shouldn't have any issue keeping you alive from one mob beating on you. The color stuns can get every other mob in camp aggro on you as well and then that healer's job gets a lot harder.

Tank aggro isn't all that hot in the early expansions and quite reliant on getting a successful taunt. Getting 3 mobs off an enchanter can take a long time.

Worth noting that Paladin is the best tank for protecting Enchanters in a launch group. Best SK aggro at low to mid levels all involves damage, while Paladin can no-damage aggro their way through the mobs without breaking any mezzes right from the get-go.

Hopefully more people play Paladins than usual.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Paladin low level stuns don't come in until Luclin, you only get one no-damage stun below 60 until then. You can fool around with flash of light but that runs the risk of the mob running off feared if it gets pushed back out of melee range. I prefer to not use it as an aggro builder on mezzed mobs as a result.

Early EQ you don't really need perfect gameplay (like waiting to get a successful taunt off before breaking mez etc), stuff doesn't hit that hard and trying to do everything perfectly just makes things go slower than they need to. Like the discussion about monk pullers, they're really just wasting time FD splitting and bringing singles. Don't waste time getting 10/10 execution when 7/10 gets you way more xp/hour.

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Paladin low level stuns don't come in until Luclin, you only get one no-damage stun below 60 until then. You can fool around with flash of light but that runs the risk of the mob running off feared if it gets pushed back out of melee range. I prefer to not use it as an aggro builder on mezzed mobs as a result.

Early EQ you don't really need perfect gameplay (like waiting to get a successful taunt off before breaking mez etc), stuff doesn't hit that hard and trying to do everything perfectly just makes things go slower than they need to. Like the discussion about monk pullers, they're really just wasting time FD splitting and bringing singles. Don't waste time getting 10/10 execution when 7/10 gets you way more xp/hour.

Didn't realize Cease and Desist were Luclin spells, but at least they still have Stun at level 28 or so. Still think they're the most Enc-friendly tank, since Ranger and SK's best aggro-generation spells are also DoTs. Paladin can also save the Enc with heals if the situation is dire.

Agreed that you don't need perfect gameplay, yet you also don't need a wipe that'll set you back or cost you a camp to a group that's nipping at your heels, so a medium has to be found between recklessness / speed gameplay and keeping things controlled / slower gameplay.

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
99% of paladins don't level their evocation at launch, so when they hit 28 they'll never be able to cast their stun without going oom pretty much immediately. So here's a quick psa to anyone leveling a paladin. Load up those undead nukes, and level in unrest or some other zone with undead mobs.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Using low level mez to recharm has the advantage of being able to hit the mob with it regardless of range. The pbaoe requires that the mob be up on your dick in order to land it and not have shit around that cant be agroed. You also have a way WAY better shot at the shm/mage actually debuffing during the mez time, versus needing to snap cast it if its gonna land during the stun.

I leveled with both memmed and mostly used the mez at range, and the stun was if I wasnt on the ball and noticed charm break because its hitting me. Assuming I didnt just directly charm outright.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I loved two boxing my cle/enc and tag-teaming mobs with a one-two stunlock punch to get my debuffs off. I disliked mezzing my charm because then the few second interruption from charm dropping turned into a much longer affair.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Yeah depends on what the situation is. If you're duoing with a mob in camp, priority is getting the pet (also the tank) back up and going asap. If you're waiting in camp and have a slow mage, getting a mez off doesn't really cause any dps downtime.

What enchanters need is a low level AA ability called "I have deep vein thrombosis and have to take a piss" which banishes a mob for x minutes so you can actually afk for a minute while grinding 1-50.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users

Pooch

Lord Nagafen Raider
I usually play a cleric on these tlp and if the chanter needs to pee. I tell them when it breaks I’ll keep it rooted for them and sit across the room, 1 or 2 roots usually does the trick for them.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I already started my sounding regiment in preparation for Teek launch so I can min/max my pee times.

• 2Solidarity