EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They wont even start one at Kunark which everyone keeps asking for over classic. No way they will do a SoD start.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
LOLMiragul

IMO TSS is the latest they should launch a TLP. Ability bloat isn't too terrible that people shouldn't be overwhelmed if they never played that late. There's a leveling path from 1-75 that people may not have experienced, or not for many years.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
EQ would have benefited from a level/stat squish or two along the way. A level 85 heroic character is pretty fucking opaque if you're unfamiliar with the era and the current cap is 40 levels higher than that. The resources available to figure shit out are sparse. The hotbar of abilities you get handed don't even have tooltips.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Yeah, I made a character on Miragul, fired it up, saw all the abilities (at the time we were in OoW on Mangler or something) and just went "what the fuck." If you haven't played up until that point, there's just SOOOO much shit to learn/bind it's overwhelming.

But the main thing is 75% of EQ appeal is nostalgia. And there's no nostalgia that hits harder than that classic-PoP route. That's where the money is, even if the game gets "better" later on, people are just unfamiliar and alienated by mid to late EQ.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Xevy

Log Wizard

(timestamped)

JChan said the TLP's will be revisiting their "most successful" TLPs. So Mischief style free trade probably and a... Mangler (?) clone. Not sure. She mentions people feeling they missed out on special TLP's so maybe a Selos clone, but I think most people can agree that it means a free trade server at the very least for one of the servers.

• 3Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Going to be interesting to see what the plural is with “rulesets”. Maybe Rizlona? Or are they going to pile the best aspects of various servers? Selo exp, free trade, random loot?

Xevy

Log Wizard
The one thing I want that's feasible is a "bonus loot" that randoms from the tier list. Then people can target farm and get bonus shit or they can go to off camps and occasionally get a "gimme". I think that would be wise rather than Mischiefs complete random loot. I think the one thing we can all guess is free trade is 100% in. That's has GOT to be the best Krono generator for DBG store itself.

If it's no Truebox that would be wild. Definitely a big revenue bump as more people would be willing to duo box or whatever they'd allow. I think they fear the box armies and shit, but they're already here and Truebox just hinders normies trying to casually group more than it helps prevent cheating.

• 1Like

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also sounds like they will start at the beginning rather than at a particular expansion.

Its needs to be more than just a clone of what has already been done. I have no interest in restarting if it is not going to have new elements to it. The Free Trade was nice but it was the random loot system that had me interested.

Razzes

Trakanon Raider
Also sounds like they will start at the beginning rather than at a particular expansion.

Its needs to be more than just a clone of what has already been done. I have no interest in restarting if it is not going to have new elements to it. The Free Trade was nice but it was the random loot system that had me interested.
Same, no way im replaying classic+ kunark only one year after oakwynd.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am guessing Mischief, Selo clones at this point.

It would be a massive mistake to launch any other server the same time Mischief 2.0 is launched. They really need to spread these server releases out by 3-6 months each.

• 1Like

Zaide

TLP Idealist
If they're doing Mischief and something else they better have 3-4 servers ready because Mischief 2.0 will be bigger than Mischief 1.0 and this shit still has like 25 guilds on it 3 years later.

Mischief+Selo combo is such a good idea and guaranteed homerun server that I struggle to believe it could be true.

• 1Worf

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If they're doing Mischief and something else they better have 3-4 servers ready because Mischief 2.0 will be bigger than Mischief 1.0 and this shit still has like 25 guilds on it 3 years later.

Mischief+Selo combo is such a good idea and guaranteed homerun server that I struggle to believe it could be true.

Mischief rules fix pretty much everything wrong with selo. Extra loot instead of half lockouts saves the issue of it being too intense. Random loot can alleviate the issue of sweatlords and cheaters hogging a camp. Free trade solves the arguably worst selo issue, where players feel like its impossible to catch back up, as you can now just get raid equipment handed to you. It also further alleviates monopolization issues when paired with random loot, and helps deal with the lack of loot issue that can come with speed, since free trade "hand me down" instead of banked/destroyed increases the volume of loot beyond what the increased drops are.

The only problem left with selo (for others, no problem for me) is the luclin start. All they really need to do is start in kunark to have it feel fresh and different. Kunark trivializes nothing in classic, and the only things skipped are leveling routes eg going to kunark dungeons with insects or undead instead of sola or oot, group depending. Velious would be ideal in my opinion although in fairness you now have vp and most non epic sky stuff trivialized, but it shouldnt scare off the nostalgists to start with the trilogy. Or just do luclin again, luclin was fantastic to level in.

Now, what I think they REALLY should do to truly capture the tlp anniversary... is put up a leaderboard like combine had. That shit was amazing, what with listing firsts for both raids and simple quests and having a ton of objectives. I know it wont happen because its a huge workload, but it would be the best thing they could possible do if they were willing. The other thing combine could have copied from it would be a server that unlocks as soon as the end boss(es) are killed. Probably unpopular, but, would be cool!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hold on a second. They're making good decisions with the rulesets like Mischief 2.0? What's the catch?

Watch them come out with six TLPs at once for the anniversary

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There would be one major downside to a second Mischief server.....it might kill the current one. Of course with the economy now out of a normal players ability to keep up, that might be a good thing at this point. Also we are almost through the good expansions. Expansions begin to just rinse and repeat with bigger numbers.

I guess we will see what happens.

Tlpman

Golden Squire
Hopefully there's another GDKP guild on Mischief 2.0 because that was the only S tier loot system I've ever participated in. It was hilarious watching people buy up all the dragon cloaks in classic who couldn't even use them.