EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Zaide

TLP Idealist

"With Mischief and Aradune being the two most popular server rulesets from their opening day to today, this was an easy enough choice to make for such a celebratory year. So, without further ado, our new TLP servers are Tormax, a Traditional Time-Locked Progression server and Teek, a Random Loot Free-Trade Time-Locked Progression Server. Both will have Relaxed True-Box, starting with the traditional True-Box rules and relaxing the True-Box rules further over time. Both servers will start with the Ruins of Kunark unlocked with expansion unlocks then happening at a standard cadence. Both will launch on Wednesday, May 22, 2024! That’s not all either. This year we're introducing a name reservation system that will launch on April 24. Those characters with 200 days or more played time will be the first with the opportunity to reserve their character name on these servers. As we get closer to launch, the played time restriction will lower for the next round and so forth. So be sure to get in those hours if you want to be in the first round to reserve your name on the new servers!"

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So they are just copying 2 servers that already exist? No adjustments to Rotation speed, XP speed or loot amount?

How lazy of them. /shrug

They could have gone for something different. Mercs Available from day 1, All races can play any class , no limitation to items(Anybody can use anything)....something...

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Aradune FAQ reminder

1712252132553.png

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That’s not all either. This year we're introducing a name reservation system that will launch on April 24. Those characters with 200 days or more played time will be the first with the opportunity to reserve their character name on these servers.

200 days played is a lot of fucking days played. I wonder if it totals up all your characters with that moniker.

edit - there are people that might not be able to get the name they're most known as because it's been jacked from them every tlp thus they couldn't ever get to 200

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yea… at least give it Selos??… Im going to play it. But at least do “something” different. Relaxed true box, that will start with true box? So.. just standard true box at release (one char per pc)?

I mean, its kind of a let down to anyone that played mischief tbh. Really wanted the leveling to go faster.

Anyways, Cupcaek Cupcaek - you playing with everyone else this time or going to the second server.

Kunark start is at least something positive. Wish they would at least merge Ykesha with PoP initial launch and then DoN few weeks after so that the PoP to Gates window isn't so long.

I'll probably fart around on Teek till I get bored. Always like the initial fresh start rush. Never did Mischief and don't know if I will like the random loot. Probably could make mad Pizza money though since free trade.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
ill take mischief 2.0 and be happy about it from that team of devs

does it cite first to engage?

Last edited:

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Maybe I just need to accept that with Holly gone there will never be another boxing TLP.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All they had to do was combine the ruleset for Selo and Mischief. Instant Win, as many players would have gravitated towards that server.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's their choice for "celebratory year" servers? Wow, talk about missed opportunity and boring.

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I understand doing a Mischief clone but I do not understand doing an Aradune clone.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A kunark start is something new, but I was hoping for them to try something else too.

I still think doubling the spawn rate in most earlyish zones would be fun.

• 1Like

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
What has been done that really stands out for the 25th anniversary? Am I missing something ?

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
Can someone explain mischief ruleset? I get that stuff is randomized by how exactly? Where is the randomization coming from? Same tier / strength of mob? Same zone difficultly or same zone itself? How is randomization done?

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Mischief and Thornblade Ruleset
EXP: Mangler EXP Progression
Agents of Change: Enabled
Pick Zones: Enabled
Truebox: Enabled
Free Trade: Enabled
Random Loot: Enabled

These servers randomize loot.
Rare NPCs drop loot from other NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
Raids drop loot from other raid NPCs of a similar level within the same expansion.
Rare NPCs have a greater chance of spawning.
Unlock Cadence:

Expansions:
1 month for Classic
2 months for Kunark
Followed by:
2 months for expansions with no level increase
3 months for expansions with a level increase
Exception: LDoN will only be one month
By playing on Mischief and Thornblade you agree to:

Absolutely no automated/unattended game-play. Any incident of automated gameplay is an immediate suspension, and a second offense is a ban including all Mischief and Thornblade associated accounts.
The main difference for this server is it's 12 weeks of Kunark instead of 4/8 split classic/kunark.