EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Magelo is great for seeing what mobs can drop a given item as they have a tab for random loot drops, though that might be gated by their Premium subscription now.

Probably, seeing as even the regular drops now require premium. It's next to useless without a sub now.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
So they are just copying 2 servers that already exist? No adjustments to Rotation speed, XP speed or loot amount?

How lazy of them. /shrug

They could have gone for something different. Mercs Available from day 1, All races can play any class , no limitation to items(Anybody can use anything)....something...
But you get to reserve your name early

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
200 days played is a lot of fucking days played. I wonder if it totals up all your characters with that moniker.

edit - there are people that might not be able to get the name they're most known as because it's been jacked from them every tlp thus they couldn't ever get to 200
Super lucrative opportunity for investors to get in early, nab some prized names and sell for profit. Hoping to get in on that

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Thanks everyone for standing ready. I know you’re just as excited as I am for these 25th anniversary. May the odds ever be in your favor!

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
Tormax server seems lame.

Teek is more or less exactly what most people wanted and still everyone complains lol. I would like it if they did the 1 normal + 1 random loot system instead of 2 random but its all good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Aradune was popular because it was full on covid lockdowns and unemployment plus promises of gm anti cheat enforcement. Tormax has neither helping it out. They could try something like making that one relaxed truebox from day 1, which I do think would give it a reasonable chance to be just low instead of dead, but that's the opposite of aradune.

Oh well. Not my problem. I have neither time nor timezone to raid, so, see you bitches on the free trade server.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Teek is more or less exactly what most people wanted and still everyone complains lol. I would like it if they did the 1 normal + 1 random loot system instead of 2 random but its all good.
Think a lot of us just wanted something a bit different, but not completely alien, either. A Mischief clone is lazy, and we've already done it once.

Kunark start is nice, I guess? But that 1-60 climb is going to be brutal trying to beat that shit out within 4-5 days. Obviously no one "HAS" to do that - but that is the goal.

Foler Foler - another opportunity is to just lock down the VP fragments early as fuck, or lock down the cleric epic pieces early af, like the Lake Rathe Goblin. Really fucking shitty, but Im also trying to remind people to get this shit out of the way ASAP - as you dont want to get caught behind some fucking edge lord trying to make a krono off a fucking crown.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Think a lot of us just wanted something a bit different, but not completely alien, either. A Mischief clone is lazy, and we've already done it once.

Kunark start is nice, I guess? But that 1-60 climb is going to be brutal trying to beat that shit out within 4-5 days. Obviously no one "HAS" to do that - but that is the goal.

Foler Foler - another opportunity is to just lock down the VP fragments early as fuck, or lock down the cleric epic pieces early af, like the Lake Rather Goblin.
lol I remember that. I had contracts with several guilds for LOIO ground spawns. Tiggles pissed me off so I canceled his guilds contract 🤣🤣.

From my understanding there are now multiple ground spawns on a reduced time frame in random locations? Definitely harder but possible. The cleric thing is new to me, thanks for the tip, will look into it..

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
I still think I have like 15 lvl 1 iksars with that ground spawn. Loved watching the tears when I’d auction it off

• 1Cringe

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I still think I have like 15 lvl 1 iksars with that ground spawn. Loved watching the tears when I’d auction it off
This my friends is what a truly financially successful person in real life is like. Behold!

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
The fact we're playing Everquest and WoW as our main MMO's in 2024 and we're not all ready player one Tapp'd into some multiverse is the real complaint here.

Mischief isn't a bad ruleset, a generic TLP time locked server is pretty bad and unimaginative but it's clear not just from EQ producers this reality and current era gaming is a fucking cesspool troll.

forehead

Trakanon Raider
The fact we're playing Everquest and WoW as our main MMO's in 2024 and we're not all ready player one Tapp'd into some multiverse is the real complaint here.
Poop socking classic TLP's is visceral enough without the full body haptic suits.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
At this rate they're going to have to do *something* to Tormax. As is the server's just so unanimously toast that they're going to have to acknowledge it. Nothing is going to compete with a Mischief style server numbers wise, so instead of dooming some other server attempt, I think the move is just to make Tormax a Teek clone without truebox. Boxers haven't got a fresh tlp in four years and obviously haven't gotten a crack at Mischief loot rules in the early expansions. In the past they've actually listened and tweaked TLP rulesets after initial announcements when they've been forced to, so I just wanted to encourage people to post on the official forums and let 'em know how doa Tormax is. There's a thread about giving Tormax boxing. I know a few people commented on this thread lamenting the lack of boxing so maybe weigh in? You never know, if it starts doing numbers it's worth a shot.

Also I've been lurkin' these forums for years and have never actually posted so um hi :)

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A few thoughts:

-Glad they're doing a Mischief, but they're gonna want an overflow server right away.

-Kunark start is a good call and will liven things up quite a bit. The launch is gonna be a hell of a grind, time to re-up my Adderall script.

-Tormax is DOA and it's a shame they wasted such a great name on that server. Adding PVP to it would at least give it a reason to exist (and fit the name).

-Teek not having any kind of EXP bonus is a little odd considering that's the hotzone NPC.

-What does "relaxed truebox" mean? It allows 3-boxing but no more than that? What about if it's all on the same computer?

-Mischief 2.0 is great, really regret missing out on Mischief 1.0 and can fix that mistake now.

Last edited:

yerm

Hi.

They want to recapture the magic of aradune. Aradune saw massive numbers and those were likely also way heavier skewed non-boxes and I would guess better than normal per account for stuff like bags.

I dont know how they don't understand that aradune was not a success due to its ruleset. Maybe its just one stubborn dev that cant be overruled?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Oh damn, it's two random? Yeah one normal and one random would be $$$.

Gonna be harder to get a specific drop focused on. Like prenerf Guise is gonna probably take a lot more camping of nameds of the right level and getting other unneeded drops. Then again with everything droppable, maybe there'll be a zillion of them for sale before they stop dropping.

Jasker

brown Officer please /brown
It is one normal and one random server I thought

also, so you can't have more than one active account logged in at any one time? just one character you can play?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Foler Foler - another opportunity is to just lock down the VP fragments early as fuck, or lock down the cleric epic pieces early af, like the Lake Rathe Goblin. Really fucking shitty, but Im also trying to remind people to get this shit out of the way ASAP - as you dont want to get caught behind some fucking edge lord trying to make a krono off a fucking crown.

The 1-60 grind is gonna be real hard-core, yeah. Only had to do that once before, on Selo, and that was with both Velious/Luclin unlocked and I think we had an EXP bonus that weekend as well.

Here, no Velks, no Grieg, no Acrylia, etc etc. Chardok and Seb are gonna be people's options and 55-60 will be extremely slow for people who aren't in the first wave / top echelon of levelers and have Kennels, Juggs, etc uncontested. Wasn't kidding about it being time to re-up the Adderall.

At this rate they're going to have to do *something* to Tormax. As is the server's just so unanimously toast that they're going to have to acknowledge it. Nothing is going to compete with a Mischief style server numbers wise, so instead of dooming some other server attempt, I think the move is just to make Tormax a Teek clone without truebox. Boxers haven't got a fresh tlp in four years and obviously haven't gotten a crack at Mischief loot rules in the early expansions. In the past they've actually listened and tweaked TLP rulesets after initial announcements when they've been forced to, so I just wanted to encourage people to post on the official forums and let 'em know how doa Tormax is. There's a thread about giving Tormax boxing. I know a few people commented on this thread lamenting the lack of boxing so maybe weigh in? You never know, if it starts doing numbers it's worth a shot.

Also I've been lurkin' these forums for years and have never actually posted so um hi :)

Sup.

Tormax being "Teek without truebox" is a good idea and would function for both giving us an overflow server and saving the server from uselessness. It might then in turn render the Teek server somewhat of a lame duck though, except maybe for people who want a quieter atmosphere.

That and making Tormax PVP are probably thr only real viable solutions for saving it.

Personally I hope they just make it a no-truebox Teek clone because Tormax is so much badder-ass of a name and it'd be rad if it allowed boxing and we all gravitated there instead.

• 1Like