EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Fucking Suineg and Zaide Zaide throwing shade at the forum. Talk about shitting where you eat.

They were probably talking about the Mike Brown thread and stuff. This forum isn't everyone's cup of tea that's for sure.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am tempted to play this again, haven't done it since selo seriously really. I did mischief early, but disliked the greed that was apparent(was in some gdkp guild), as I dont play this game to just increase my krono count or farm them religiously every server to have a ton sitting around to sell/use to bid.

Not sure if I roll the usual bard(they just do so much) or try something new.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
They changed it so 1.0 would drop off mobs even after 2.0 went active. Hilarious for the people who massively overspent on Tink Mask, SoD, etc.
Holy shit really? All in on Rogue or Bard or both for Tink Mask, and finally live my dream of getting a bunch of those old world illusions? (Halfing comes to mind!)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users
I'd like a perpetual Classic to PoP seasonal server that feeds into Agnarr. Majority of the player base stops after PoP anyway. They should put some dev time into developing a feeder pipeline for that Classic to PoP fresh start. Random / Free Loot no thx.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holy shit really? All in on Rogue or Bard or both for Tink Mask, and finally live my dream of getting a bunch of those old world illusions? (Halfing comes to mind!)
Make sure you hit me up on Discord if you play. Even if you're just going to be casual about it. :emoji_raised_hands:

• 1Like

Crone

So does having so much loot around change things at all for class distribution? The "BIS" classes or trinity are still bad ass, they just are more bad ass? How do you guys think SKs and Pals are gonna do with Warrior being able to gear so easy, and with Kunark start there's not really aggro issues + Defensive Stance?

Daidraco

So does having so much loot around change things at all for class distribution? The "BIS" classes or trinity are still bad ass, they just are more bad ass? How do you guys think SKs and Pals are gonna do with Warrior being able to gear so easy, and with Kunark start there's not really aggro issues + Defensive Stance?
Towards the end of an expansion, maybe? But it typically takes a while for everyone to be rolling around in BIS for example. At the beginning of Kunark, it seemed like none of the dragons were dropping Cobalt BP's, like, ever. You could buy one, sure. But the price on them falls rather quickly, so its a gamble if you buy them early. Theyre still worth several krono, but we're talking a ton of Krono in the first couple weeks, versus <10 at the end of, or around the end, of the first month (iirc.)

Just an elaborate explanation to say that this mystical world of 1000 man bot armies warping around, killing billions of mobs, and listing trillions of pieces of gear is fantastical at best. Warriors still tank the Raid mobs, SK's typically tank the trash, and Pals... Well, theyre there.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
It's just more fun. The thrill of not knowing quite what loot tables you'll get is a feeling very much akin to cracking a box of MTG cards.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
FTE had issues but it being nearly impossible to be trained by morons either on purpose or by accident is something the Oakwynd bros are going to miss.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Towards the end of an expansion, maybe? But it typically takes a while for everyone to be rolling around in BIS for example. At the beginning of Kunark, it seemed like none of the dragons were dropping Cobalt BP's, like, ever. You could buy one, sure. But the price on them falls rather quickly, so its a gamble if you buy them early. Theyre still worth several krono, but we're talking a ton of Krono in the first couple weeks, versus <10 at the end of, or around the end, of the first month (iirc.)

Seems like VP would be a lot more useful if the dragons there could drop the same BPs/pants that Trak/VS do respectively.

As I understand it, it's mostly weapon drops that people don't need because Epic 1.0s are in full swing and are generally superior across the board. So not real sure what the point of VP is loot-wise. Non-visibles maybe.

If it isn't obvious I've never raided VP, think it's the one raid left in EQ from 1-120 that I've never done. Gonna fix that on the new server!

• 1Picard

Crone

Just an elaborate explanation to say that this mystical world of 1000 man bot armies warping around, killing billions of mobs, and listing trillions of pieces of gear is fantastical at best. Warriors still tank the Raid mobs, SK's typically tank the trash, and Pals... Well, theyre there.
So nothing changes basically. Makes sense. Lol

• 1Worf

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
As a recently retired Oakwynd vet, FTE was just a massive double edged sword.

You could use it against others one minute and have it used against you the next.

I'm pretty agnostic on whether it was a plus or minus on Oakwynd, but I likely won't miss it if it's not used on Teek.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Seems like VP would be a lot more useful if the dragons there could drop the same BPs/pants that Trak/VS do respectively.

As I understand it, it's mostly weapon drops that people don't need because Epic 1.0s are in full swing and are generally superior across the board. So not real sure what the point of VP is loot-wise. Non-visibles maybe.

If it isn't obvious I've never raided VP, think it's the one raid left in EQ from 1-120 that I've never done. Gonna fix that on the new server!
They can. From VP you basically want PD loot (Ear, robe, crown) and Hoshkar loot (boots) then maybe the SoW sword. It's not amazing.

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm rolling bard this time around. Someone hook me up with infos on what I need to shoot for as a TLP bard in Classic/Kunark era. I can't wait to play sweet sweet music while killing dragons.

By the way, for anybody worried about random loot ruining your classic EQ experience, don't worry about it. Random loot on Mischief was one of the most awesome things they have done in TLP history. It's a shit load of fun to kill a named mob and see the pinata explode. And... the best part of all... NO MORE HUNTING THAT FUCKING PEGASUS IN SOUTH KARANA!!! Fuck that flying horse!

Oh...and don't worry about the ancient cyclops anymore. Just go kill in the bottom of Unrest and you'll be swimming in ancient cyclops rings.

Random loot and free trade makes EverQuest a shit ton more fun than with out.

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
As a recently retired Oakwynd vet, FTE was just a massive double edged sword.

You could use it against others one minute and have it used against you the next.

I'm pretty agnostic on whether it was a plus or minus on Oakwynd, but I likely won't miss it if it's not used on Teek.
I'm glad it's not on Teek, but I'm a little disappointed it's not on Tormax (along with making Tormax more desirable like relaxing the boxing rules). I'd want to see what FTE would do in a more contested environment, which Oakwynd was not. I think it'd be interesting if they AB tested a more relaxed "dad" server vs a more tryhard server.

Daidraco

I'm glad it's not on Teek, but I'm a little disappointed it's not on Tormax (along with making Tormax more desirable like relaxing the boxing rules). I'd want to see what FTE would do in a more contested environment, which Oakwynd was not. I think it'd be interesting if they AB tested a more relaxed "dad" server vs a more tryhard server.
Just taking a glance at the forums after reading the dev letter - I would seriously think that they would actually change their plans on Tormax altogether, and slide something else in on Teek. Doesnt look like anyone is completely happy about the announcement. Of course we're all going to play, cause Mischief ruleset is fucking great. But it doesnt look like a single person doesnt think its lazy as fuck of the devs. I still wish Teek had fucking Selo's exp.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Just taking a glance at the forums after reading the dev letter - I would seriously think that they would actually change their plans on Tormax altogether, and slide something else in on Teek. Doesnt look like anyone is completely happy about the announcement. Of course we're all going to play, cause Mischief ruleset is fucking great. But it doesnt look like a single person doesnt think its lazy as fuck of the devs. I still wish Teek had fucking Selo's exp.
Tormax being Teek with FTE + open boxing would be the exact kind of easy win that DPG would ignore.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users