EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
How does the Plane of Sky work with Mischief loots?
IIRC, plane of sky is not randomized.

Edit: though I'm doubting myself now. Maybe it's just randomized within itself

Edit2: nope, I was right, it's not.

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
IIRC, plane of sky is not randomized.

Oof. Do you get the regular one Eye of Veeshan loot too then? No bonuses? Doing it at 60 is way, way faster than 50 but it's still not great. Between the epic pieces and off set armor slot gear it provides you can't really skip it.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Fuck the meta - Im rolling a Ranger - who wants to carry me to my epic

Other mentioned but ill cosign, Im gonna miss FTE - I dont care about contested raids im a filthy casual.

But not getting trained in Guk by Morons is priceless

• 1Like

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
They were probably talking about the Mike Brown thread and stuff. This forum isn't everyone's cup of tea that's for sure.

Suineg likes his wife pissing on him when shes drunk, lets not pretend "not being his cup of tea" is a bad thing

• 1Worf

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Most posts in the political forum are made by a small group of degenerates on welfare who try to outvirtue each other all day.

• 5Like
  • 1Cringe
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
They can. From VP you basically want PD loot (Ear, robe, crown) and Hoshkar loot (boots) then maybe the SoW sword. It's not amazing.

VP can drop Trak/VS BPs/pants? Is that only on Mischief or is it possible in general?

I'd think Trak/VS are still desirable targets due to the guaranteed two drops from each fight, but if VP mobs can sometimes drop those items as well at least it's something.

Not too surprised PD is the only major worthwhile mob in the zone.

DickTrickle

VP can drop Trak/VS BPs/pants? Is that only on Mischief or is it possible in general?

I'd think Trak/VS are still desirable targets due to the guaranteed two drops from each fight, but if VP mobs can sometimes drop those items as well at least it's something.

Not too surprised PD is the only major worthwhile mob in the zone.
It's just mischief that had the shared bp/legs.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The absolute chaos that will come from this first day launch, if the servers do not out right explode, will be beautiful.

We taking odds on the first day even really happening?

DickTrickle

Their launches have gotten better, overall. But who knows how much pent up demand mischief 2 will have, especially with no mention of an overflow server.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Aradune was the last one that was a total fucking clown fiesta. We would later learn it was due to their anti-cheat lagging the piss out of everyone to death. Goddamn that server had such a hideous launch and first couple of weeks. None of the launches have compared since in terms of fuckery.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Selo had Luclin unlocked (thus much better leveling zones). I remember it launching during an EXP weekend, anyone remember if that's the case? And didn't it have a general EXP bonus as well?

Teek will have the same level cap but none of the above advantages. It's gonna be an absolutely hideous launch grind, at least for those of us who want to be among the first to 60.

DickTrickle

Selo had Luclin unlocked (thus much better leveling zones). I remember it launching during an EXP weekend, anyone remember if that's the case? And didn't it have a general EXP bonus as well?

Teek will have the same level cap but none of the above advantages. It's gonna be an absolutely hideous launch grind, at least for those of us who want to be among the first to 60.
It will have memorial day weekend bonus.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Zaide's group on Mischief was 50 in what, 18 hours? It was blisteringly fast. Doing 50 to 60 is going to take longer and people won't be doing it with extra out of group characters or tippy top shelf gear on their mains. Chardok can chew you up especially if people are getting sleepy. Without FTE train protection there will be trains and purposeful training.

Holiday exp is still going to put you in at 30+ hours of no fuck up good camp group play with a bunch of pressure to immediately get to work on VP keys.

DickTrickle

I do like that this server will have something new for the uber guilds to figure out. The routing for leveling, gearing, and killing raid mobs should be interesting to see. Though, as usual, big numbers will have the advantage.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider

Selo was a lot of fun for about 4 months then it went down to about 250 population a night. It just didn't not last long at all.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, Faceless Conquest made it to retail very successfully. Sounds like the rest of the server kinda died a death though.

Zaide's group on Mischief was 50 in what, 18 hours? It was blisteringly fast. Doing 50 to 60 is going to take longer and people won't be doing it with extra out of group characters or tippy top shelf gear on their mains. Chardok can chew you up especially if people are getting sleepy. Without FTE train protection there will be trains and purposeful training.

Holiday exp is still going to put you in at 30+ hours of no fuck up good camp group play with a bunch of pressure to immediately get to work on VP keys.

Well, at least we'll have holiday exp.

Just now realizing that Kunark itself is the expansion I'm the least familiar with raidwise (well, VP anyway) outside of the last 2 or 3 expansions on live. So this is gonna be somewhat new and interesting for me.

Might benefit some power group to plan their leveling path around Howling Stones keys and get in there early. They'll have the whole zone to themselves for a while. Then again, HS keys (and Seb keys?) might be a lot harder to get if they can drop anywhere now. Prod at the very least is probably gonna be totally random. I imagine dropped VP key medallions are going to still be on their normal mobs so maybe that also applies to key mobs.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Man I cant even imagine what it would sound like to be in comms with a group that actually dedicated real effort to hs keying and then finally gets in and sees how much xp the mobs give now.

• 1Like

Xevy

Log Wizard
I do like that this server will have something new for the uber guilds to figure out. The routing for leveling, gearing, and killing raid mobs should be interesting to see. Though, as usual, big numbers will have the advantage.
Working on that now and it's an immense pain in the dick. Rushing Cleric Epics seems a no brainer as it makes a lot of other content much, much palatable. But do you worry about vox/naggy at all besides when raiders are sub 60? Like sure they're fast and free loot, but they've got mostly shit drops that come from other dragons already. Do you split Phinny/Hate Minis a million times? Do you make epics dkp or roll or bank the whole thing and bid out all the pieces at once? It sure is interesting. Most of this was figured out by Mischief guilds, but jumping RIGHT INTO Kunark makes the prioritizing the hard part.

All I know is absolutely fuck doing Sky without as many 60's as you can get and at least 2 cleric epics already complete.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, Faceless Conquest made it to retail very successfully. Sounds like the rest of the server kinda died a death though.

Well, at least we'll have holiday exp.

Just now realizing that Kunark itself is the expansion I'm the least familiar with raidwise (well, VP anyway) outside of the last 2 or 3 expansions on live. So this is gonna be somewhat new and interesting for me.

Might benefit some power group to plan their leveling path around Howling Stones keys and get in there early. They'll have the whole zone to themselves for a while. Then again, HS keys (and Seb keys?) might be a lot harder to get if they can drop anywhere now. Prod at the very least is probably gonna be totally random. I imagine dropped VP key medallions are going to still be on their normal mobs so maybe that also applies to key mobs.
I like Kunark for the most part. VP is boring, and killing Faydedar quickly becomes annoying. But I like the expansion as a whole, and enjoy helping people get their epics. Some of those fights will make ya clench your ass cheeks if you're low balling it with only a few people. The race for OW Raid mobs is always fun in Kunark, too.

With that said, getting the key to OS and HS is easy as fk. Shit like that isnt random, and for good reason. It would be fucking horrible. If you want to level with us, or need help getting your keys etc. just message me on any platform Raj. (VP medallions are super fkn easy too, without competition.)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users