EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Working on that now and it's an immense pain in the dick. Rushing Cleric Epics seems a no brainer as it makes a lot of other content much, much palatable. But do you worry about vox/naggy at all besides when raiders are sub 60? Like sure they're fast and free loot, but they've got mostly shit drops that come from other dragons already. Do you split Phinny/Hate Minis a million times? Do you make epics dkp or roll or bank the whole thing and bid out all the pieces at once? It sure is interesting. Most of this was figured out by Mischief guilds, but jumping RIGHT INTO Kunark makes the prioritizing the hard part.

All I know is absolutely fuck doing Sky without as many 60's as you can get and at least 2 cleric epics already complete.

Lord Bergurgle going to be a massive KS fest...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Lord Bergurgle going to be a massive KS fest...
Almost every TLP has had epic quest tweaks. I feel like this one is shaping up to change that because I don't know how it won't be super toxic and full of forum rage. Of course, any fix would take a month at least.

I wonder what the pick threshold is there.

Dubee the Sugawolf Pimp

Trakanon Raider
Zaide's group on Mischief was 50 in what, 18 hours? It was blisteringly fast. Doing 50 to 60 is going to take longer and people won't be doing it with extra out of group characters or tippy top shelf gear on their mains. Chardok can chew you up especially if people are getting sleepy. Without FTE train protection there will be trains and purposeful training.

Holiday exp is still going to put you in at 30+ hours of no fuck up good camp group play with a bunch of pressure to immediately get to work on VP keys.

purposeful training you say :cool:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
At the current rate we will surpass our Mischief launch force in two days. With six weeks left to go before release.

The launch population may be the largest we’ve ever seen for any server.

• 2Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
purposeful training you say :cool:

Agnarr had a guy that that leveled up as fast as possible Cleric/Ench so he could bind himself as close as possible to LG and then invis/see invis combo himself with his two characters to start up mega trains. He did that for hours on night one before getting sent to the cornfield by a GM.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
At the current rate we will surpass our Mischief launch force in two days. With six weeks left to go before release.

Its going to be very popular.... Lets just hope its stable and people dont have to wait in 12 hour long queues.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be curious as to how much this effects the population on Mischief. There have to be a lot of players planning to move over to this server with a good amount playing both.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Man I cant even imagine what it would sound like to be in comms with a group that actually dedicated real effort to hs keying and then finally gets in and sees how much xp the mobs give now.

Did Howling Stones get nerfed hard or something?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

If they don't launch this with a backup server (and perhaps consolidate later) it's going to be a shitshow. Backup server would allow everyone who just wants to play and isn't in it for the raid game / top guilds to filter to the backup server and probably have a better overall experience with fewer people. And the main server would actually be playable.

They might as well just drop Tormax as a separate thing entirely and make it a second Teek, which I've got a feeling is what's going to happen. That'd be cool, as Tormax is a much cooler name than Teek and most raid guilds would probably rather roll up on there.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
How much of a level spread do TLPs usually have? I started EQ in Kunark, but had limited playtime and didn’t hit 60 until a bit into PoP, so I’ve never done any of the Kunark raid or high group content, so Teek is looking pretty appealing. I haven’t played any TLPs, though, so I don’t know if the vast majority of players are speeding to cap or if there’s a decent distribution of people on the slower end. Does Faceless usually just limit itself to competitive folks, or are there some social groups of players allowed as well?

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Almost every guild allows casuals or friends/family if you arent a toolbag or trying to score real loot. Everyone speeds to cap and all, but, tons of people do it at the same speed as you are talking about, and then theres often alts and late joiners. There will be casual group shit to do.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Got nerfed back during Phinny days.

That's unfortunate. So in-era it's no longer a top EXP zone, I take it. Well, definitely won't be rushing in there with a static now.

How much of a level spread do TLPs usually have? I started EQ in Kunark, but had limited playtime and didn’t hit 60 until a bit into PoP, so I’ve never done any of the Kunark raid or high group content, so Teek is looking pretty appealing. I haven’t played any TLPs, though, so I don’t know if the vast majority of players are speeding to cap or if there’s a decent distribution of people on the slower end. Does Faceless usually just limit itself to competitive folks, or are there some social groups of players allowed as well?

This particular server should have basically a 1-60 level spread, gonna be people of all levels doing all kinds of things. I'm sure you'd find plenty of people to group with in Faceless. Most people in general aren't gonna nolife it to 60, just the sweaty folk here and in a few specific groups.

I also missed out on high-level gameplay in Kunark/Velious/Luclin back in 2000/2001 and didn't get to really experience those until TLP, and even then I kept skipping Kunark for some reason. Kinda weird to be going into an expansion I'm not super familiar with but also cool.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
A lot of people got burned by Thornblade thinking it would have merged a lot earlier than now, a large percentage of players would probably avoid going to the overflow again.

george bush GIF

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

People are pretty much over having big requirements to join the fancy raiding guilds. Both of the two declared open world tryhard guilds, Faceless and RI, have zero raid attendance requirement. At worst if you level on the slow side you'll be at friends and family status until you reach max level. The only thing that keeps people out of guilds these days is being a dirtbag.

Leveling in the first week saves a ton of time in the long run. If you can put in some extra time during it you'll get the good returns on the investment.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
yeah honestly no guild will ever keep you out, its more likely you just wont want to listen to these retards on discord all night

You know whats fun while you break into Fear? Inside jokes 3 people get

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Have to to some pretty shitty stuff these days to get turned down by a guild, even then it's easy to sneak in under a different name for a while, but you'll probably get sniffed out eventually, TLPers generally don't change a lot.

Ryoz

<Donor>
Leveling in the first week saves a ton of time in the long run. If you can put in some extra time during it you'll get the good returns on the investment.

Speaking of... my buddy and I can't start leveling until Friday (rip) but gonna do some serious slogging Fri - Sun if another 2boxer or 2 other people want to join us. Following the formula of planning everything out, coordinating spell buys, pre set UIs, group xp pots, etc.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Amod Amod A title change should be in order now that names and rulesets are known. Something like EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional). Feel free to spice it up like only you can.