EQ TLP 2024 Teek (Random loot) & Tormax (Traditional) #neckbeardnostalgia

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
Umm, for us lazies, what’s the top 3 things we miss out on for none of this achievement bullshit?

It's a good time and the best way to do a nostalgia run through the old zones.
The rewards are account based and can be claimed on other servers.
Mild tempered community for an EQ TLP ... generally positive.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Umm, for us lazies, what’s the top 3 things we miss out on for none of this achievement bullshit?

High priority:
-Yelinak kill at 50:
Western Wastes port. Gonna be hugely useful for batphoning or just getting to raids in general. If people only do one thing, do this, unless you're not planning on doing Velious in-era or something.

Mid priority:
-Cazic kill at 40
and Lethar kill at 65: Infinite stat food and drink that give like 100 HEM and some AC. These don't work until level 50 though. If they worked at level 1, this would go in highest priority. Still a useful bump.
-Deathknell event 1 at 60: Gives a mount that can presumably be claimed once Luclin is out. Probably a solid mount, only have it at mid because it might only be a priority at all to people who don't already have any claimable mounts.
-LDON Curse Reborn at 55: Summonable port magus that can evac an entire group, provided the summoner takes the port last. Might only work with "Nedaria". This isn't High because as far as I know, the magus can't zone, so it poofs with the one use, and again the summoner has to stick around until everyone else takes the port. Also there's like a 20 hour reuse time. A group having a couple of these might spare them from a wipe or two while leveling.

Low priority and/or useless:
-Naggy/Vox/Phinigel at 40 gives a title and not a particularly interesting one.
-Sol Ro at 55 gives a better title but it's whatever. It makes your name really long and small. Which is kind of cool.
-Mayong's Mistresses at 65 give a bag that looks good until you realize it's only for collectibles, which don't even exist until like the level 90 or 95 expansion. And even then, you generally eat them as you get them, and a bag that only holds that one type of item is beyond useless.

Good but purely optional and cosmetic:
-Trak/Sev/Gore/Talen at 50 gives a raptor illusion that you can put on a pet.
-Emperor Ssra at 55 also gives a pet illusion, this time a shissar. Not sure if you can also put it on yourself or what.

Things for way later that will someday be high priority:
-Cragbeast Queen at 55, Vishimtar at 60, and Pallorax at 75 give raid currency that is actually hugely useful but can't be claimed until a server hits live. Still, get all 3 of these and you'd be able to get like 9 top-tier pieces of equipment from the latest expansion the minute the server reaches live. Which is actually humongous. All 3 of these can be small-manned (5-8 people) at these levels if you know what you're doing.
-Meldrath at 70 and the first Rain of Fear raid at 90 give teleport items that will be hugely useful in their eras (especially ROF, as the final zone there is a chore and a half to get to normally), so it'd be very much worth it for guilds to go get these before those expansions drop. As a bonus, people can get some practice with the raids in question (especially Meldrath's Mansion) before having to do them for real on Teek.

It's pretty cool that Teek has this synergy with Vaniki, as someone who actually thought Vaniki had a lot of value as a server.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

TheRealmOnline

Silver Squire
Hope they toss out multiple week bans day one for anyone using SEQ or MQ. Would help with the queue and send a message that cheating will finally be cracked down on.

TheRealmOnline

Silver Squire
High priority:
-Yelinak kill at 50:
Western Wastes port. Gonna be hugely useful for batphoning or just getting to raids in general. If people only do one thing, do this, unless you're not planning on doing Velious in-era or something.

Mid priority:
-Cazic kill at 40
and Lethar kill at 65: Infinite stat food and drink that give like 100 HEM and some AC. These don't work until level 50 though. If they worked at level 1, this would go in highest priority. Still a useful bump.
-Deathknell event 1 at 60: Gives a mount that can presumably be claimed once Luclin is out. Probably a solid mount, only have it at mid because it might only be a priority at all to people who don't already have any claimable mounts.
-LDON Curse Reborn at 55: Summonable port magus that can evac an entire group, provided the summoner takes the port last. Might only work with "Nedaria". This isn't High because as far as I know, the magus can't zone, so it poofs with the one use, and again the summoner has to stick around until everyone else takes the port. Also there's like a 20 hour reuse time. A group having a couple of these might spare them from a wipe or two while leveling.

Low priority and/or useless:
-Naggy/Vox/Phinigel at 40 gives a title and not a particularly interesting one.
-Sol Ro at 55 gives a better title but it's whatever. It makes your name really long and small. Which is kind of cool.
-Mayong's Mistresses at 65 give a bag that looks good until you realize it's only for collectibles, which don't even exist until like the level 90 or 95 expansion. And even then, you generally eat them as you get them, and a bag that only holds that one type of item is beyond useless.

Good but purely optional and cosmetic:
-Trak/Sev/Gore/Talen at 50 gives a raptor illusion that you can put on a pet.
-Emperor Ssra at 55 also gives a pet illusion, this time a shissar. Not sure if you can also put it on yourself or what.

Things for way later that will someday be high priority:
-Cragbeast Queen at 55, Vishimtar at 60, and Pallorax at 75 give raid currency that is actually hugely useful but can't be claimed until a server hits live. Still, get all 3 of these and you'd be able to get like 9 top-tier pieces of equipment from the latest expansion the minute the server reaches live. Which is actually humongous. All 3 of these can be small-manned (5-8 people) at these levels if you know what you're doing.
-Meldrath at 70 and the first Rain of Fear raid at 90 give teleport items that will be hugely useful in their eras (especially ROF, as the final zone there is a chore and a half to get to normally), so it'd be very much worth it for guilds to go get these before those expansions drop. As a bonus, people can get some practice with the raids in question (especially Meldrath's Mansion) before having to do them for real on Teek.

It's pretty cool that Teek has this synergy with Vaniki, as someone who actually thought Vaniki had a lot of value as a server.
Vaniki illusion is most important since Ogre is god race frontal stun immunity. Free shrink better than DE mask.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vaniki illusion is most important since Ogre is god race frontal stun immunity. Free shrink better than DE mask.

You can get this just by hitting 60 on that server too, don't have to do raid achievement. And getting to 60 is a joke.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
You can get this just by hitting 60 on that server too, don't have to do raid achievement. And getting to 60 is a joke.

This is why I didn't list it. It's something you basically get automatically while doing the others. It's also purely cosmetic.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
What level do you get mercs on Vaniki? I want to refamiliarize myself with Live so I guess I'll just go make a Vaniki twink. Everytime I log on FV I get so overwhelmed. So I sell 1 krono and buy 1 wurmslayer and full conflagrant?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
What level do you get mercs on Vaniki? I want to refamiliarize myself with Live so I guess I'll just go make a Vaniki twink. Everytime I log on FV I get so overwhelmed. So I sell 1 krono and buy 1 wurmslayer and full conflagrant?

Not sure if Wurmslayer can be bought, cause I haven't seen any for sale. Might be a situation where you just need to be in Frontier Mountains (EOK) at the right time when someone's doing the event. I haven't managed to get one and at this point I probably won't bother. Conflagrant 2HS with the lifetap proc is probably just as good anyway, as an SK with lifetap-boosting powers and epic 2.0 click / discs that cause even more draining. Wurmslayer will block out pretty much any mob damage up through PoP though.

You can get mercs at level 1, and selling one krono is enough to get about 70% slots into conflagrant. There are lower-priced lower-HEM items (like 2500 HEM instead of 3500) that suffice fine for the remaining slots and can be bought like 3 or 4 for the price of one conflag. Weapon is obviously the most critical slot, with second-most critical being shield (if you use one) or belt. Make sure to get the belt that procs Slow on attackers. There's another that procs Cripple and a third that I can't remember. Slow is the most effective one by a lot though AFAIK.

Needless

Toe Sucker
lmao just got an email that the TLP server is f2p for the weekend
they really want people to reserve their names huh

TheRealmOnline

Silver Squire
Given those crazy Tower rewards are going to be on Teek day 1... FT 5 pre-Luclin for bard is going to be solid. Can actually cast charm and use mana without a hour regen to get the mana back.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
How does all that work?
From what Ive gathered, you can do the quests in the tower, which takes you to kelethin, everfrost, rathe, etc. Then back to for a level appropriate boss fight. You get an account bound currency, that you can use on Teek when it launches, inside the tower. A bunch of items are on there that will gain power as you gain power, similar to how Defiant gear works. Ive done all the quests and collected the currency - just in case, but the quest designer lady has been vague about what we can buy out of era on Teek.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Given those crazy Tower rewards are going to be on Teek day 1... FT 5 pre-Luclin for bard is going to be solid. Can actually cast charm and use mana without a hour regen to get the mana back.
How could you know that for sure? All other anniversary events have always been expansion or level-gated or the quest givers themselves don't show up until a given expansion. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Last edited:

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Depends on your class. Some conflag is cheaper then 1 kr, some is more. Also depends do you just mean visible or all of it.

A Honed wurmslayer is usually 1kr by itself. And its something you have to go to the zone to buy. Its quest reward from a turn in. So people will sell the turn in piece. So you do have to get to the zone/corpse and then to the turn in NPC in the same zone. It's a level 100 zone iirc, so going to need invis.

Needless

Toe Sucker
From what Ive gathered, you can do the quests in the tower, which takes you to kelethin, everfrost, rathe, etc. Then back to for a level appropriate boss fight. You get an account bound currency, that you can use on Teek when it launches, inside the tower. A bunch of items are on there that will gain power as you gain power, similar to how Defiant gear works. Ive done all the quests and collected the currency - just in case, but the quest designer lady has been vague about what we can buy out of era on Teek.
I'm gonna assume this must be like the crag queen currency on vaniki that requires shit way further into the game than kunark, and SURELY that's how that will be handled lol
but also its daybreak so who knows.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Do you guys know the TLP guild Rampage? Are they any good? I'd join Faceless for Teek, but those raid times are brutal on EU timezone. Unless Faceless also has EU splits that aren't listed on the schedule?

Last edited: