EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So, what are people's hopes and dreams for Level 60?

Mine are... for all of the achievement/challenge raids to actually be beatable!

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sorry. No one is allowed to do 60 achievements until at least one guild downs Cragbeast Queen.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
ssra how it started how it's going.jpg

• 5Worf
  • 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
So beating CBQ before 60 would b the biggest win in eq history ?

It's non-doable before 60. At 55 we had a raid DPS of...I'm kinda guessing a ballpark here, but I think it was around 2.5k. At 60 so far we have 5k ish on a regular fight, could probably spike it higher on a burn call.

Well CBQ regens like 12-15k HP a tick, which is roughly 2-2.5k a second. With our 60 DPS we can do it but it'd still be a fight against the regen. At 55 DPS breaking even by any substantial margin wasn't even a thing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
For being the first achievement no one was able to get the fight was really, really uninteresting. It's impossible. Meh.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
I know you can delete spellsnew.eff and edd then launch with patchme to get some of the old spell effects back. The hand tracking on animations is still broken, but I normally play old models, old spell gems and old spell effects by removing those files. Running the launcher will replace them though, so you need to skip the launcher when you want to play that way.

You can apparently also delete the combat music and eq music files and use the originals as well that way. That should work for Lifetap particles at all level, no?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's non-doable before 60. At 55 we had a raid DPS of...I'm kinda guessing a ballpark here, but I think it was around 2.5k. At 60 so far we have 5k ish on a regular fight, could probably spike it higher on a burn call.

Well CBQ regens like 12-15k HP a tick, which is roughly 2-2.5k a second. With our 60 DPS we can do it but it'd still be a fight against the regen. At 55 DPS breaking even by any substantial margin wasn't even a thing.
All I’m hearing is “my guild isn’t good enough, must not be possible”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
All I’m hearing is “my guild isn’t good enough, must not be possible”

It would have been interesting to see how low she could have been taken if Vaniki had the same kind of energy and population we saw on earlier TLPs but it doesn't have either.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
It would have been interesting to see how low she could have been taken if Vaniki had the same kind of energy and population we saw on earlier TLPs but it doesn't have either.

Bringing multiple guilds in and making a real run at downing CBQ would have been a blast. Maybe with like a hundred people it wouldn't have been a situation of insurmountable boss regen.

Unfortunately the fight has to be in a DZ for the achievement. Can't remember if it's 54 or 72 limit for the DZ but I think it's 54. Either way, you aren't fitting multiple guilds in the zone.

I'd say the energy is pretty good on this server but definitely not to the level of some of the other TLPs in their heyday.

Between unkillable CBQ and a bunch of 60 achievements that look like horrendous choices, and I mean horrendous, I think some of the wind is out of everyone's sails. However there are also a ton of new zone options and things to do at 60 so that's cool.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Bringing multiple guilds in and making a real run at downing CBQ would have been a blast. Maybe with like a hundred people it wouldn't have been a situation of insurmountable boss regen.

Unfortunately the fight has to be in a DZ for the achievement. Can't remember if it's 54 or 72 limit for the DZ but I think it's 54. Either way, you aren't fitting multiple guilds in the zone.

I'd say the energy is pretty good on this server but definitely not to the level of some of the other TLPs in their heyday.

Between unkillable CBQ and a bunch of 60 achievements that look like horrendous choices, and I mean horrendous, I think some of the wind is out of everyone's sails. However there are also a ton of new zone options and things to do at 60 so that's cool.
Yeah out of dz kills counting would've been better even if it was easier. Maybe if a kill wasn't done in a DZ it could've been given credit in open world for the week before level unlock.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Outside of DZ she's only up for 6 min, so it might not even be doable then.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Metalhead

Blackwing Lair Raider

If its a agent of change it should be 72.

Vicus

N00b
Little late on this, been doing a ton of things in game since Wednesday. We did this on Thursday 6/4/22. P1-P3 was smooth. Dipped our toe in P4 (one shot).

Fun times. Looking forward tomorrows raid. (Outside of raid we been doing tons of quest for Time level loot).

unknown.png

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Little late on this, been doing a ton of things in game since Wednesday. We did this on Thursday 6/4/22. P1-P3 was smooth. Dipped our toe in P4 (one shot).

Fun times. Looking forward tomorrows raid. (Outside of raid we been doing tons of quest for Time level loot).

unknown.png

I'm really liking all these POR quests that give high-HEM loot. Still have a bunch of them to get to myself, but it's great to have gear options outside of raids.

An issue I've run into is that most of the good DoN augs still have rec level 70 on them, which lowers the stats of any item you attach them to and renders DoN half-pointless. There are some good 60 augs available, but vast majority are 70. They won't do any damage if they're being equipped on rec 70 gear that's already taking a hit, but on 60 gear it's a huge net loss to equip, say, a 70 weapon augment like Life Sap II. Wish they'd have changed that but nope.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Outside of DZ she's only up for 6 min, so it might not even be doable then.
She doesn't despawn while she is engaged. At least, I've never seen it happen when she is killed in a reasonable time. There may be some hard limit engage time we never reached though.