EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
"Make Offer"

Those two words are the reason I never want to set foot in the EC tunnel or deal with craigslist or any other type of barter service again.

If you like the tunnel you have fucking mental problems.

Yeah, Craigslist is total ass. Nothing ever goes well on there. Had to look for an apartment a while back and Craigslist did me no favors, out of the 20 or so ads I emailed, only one of them was a real place that I went and looked at. Rest either didn't answer or were scams (over half of them) directing me to sign up for something. Unfortunately you kinda have to use it to sell some large object locally (like a TV). I've got a spare 4K TV and a spare (nice) mattress and considered selling both for like $100-200 each instead of throwing them away, but it'd require using Craigslist because F shipping stuff like that. Exercise equipment is another one. So instead I ended up just deciding Craigslist wasn't worth the hassle and forgot about it.

As far as EC Tunnel goes, I have no real opinion on it, but it does feel way more like a waste of time than it used to. Especially if you have a lot of small things like mats, things that are selling for like 5pp each, that'd be much easier to just list on a Baz mule and log off.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
GoD level 1 start would be pretty interesting. That is a long, long server launch marathon.

Classic - 1.5 weeks to gear a raid for Kunark?
kunark - 2-3 weeks to gear for Velious? Maybe another week for epics?
Velious might take awhile in that gear, 3 weeks to gear for Luclin? Maybe need another few ToV’s unless you’re getting OW
Luclin had minor upgrades for a few key classes, mostly AA grinding to get ready for PoP. Do you even do VT or get it from PoP? Maybe 2-3 weeks
PoP upgrades required for GoD. Probably at least 1.5 months
GoD - a few days to clear?

Or do you put 200 people in OW level 65 from AE PLing in the deep, and then Zerg straight in PoP?

Imagine trying to keep enough people motivated over a multi-month race (if you cared to race), the DKP bonuses for those no-lifing, and the imbalance of people in various levels / AA’s / epics / general progression. Also the level of griefing in game would be outrageous

+1 for the wild and different concept
-2 for having 4 servers in the same era

It seems borderline idiotic to release a server that starts in GoD at the same time that the last round of servers are in GoD. Like, you're just splitting the population for no reason. They've done this sort of thing before, though.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
first gauntlet thrown down from our friends. are the rapiers serious or they trolly....

You've got four posts on here and all of them are promoting that guild in some way. Nobody else is talking about them.

Lul

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
GoD could be interesting, I always wanted to have BL and berserker available on launch of a TLP so I can finally actually try out a berserker

just noticed god is out tomorrow anyway, duck it I’ll just make one then and figure out something else when this drops

Last edited:

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Berserker may one up rogue as the worst tlp launch leveling class. For extra credit make a vah shir one.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
A GoD launch TLP should have mage pets back to being god-like until like lvl 40 so all melee end up being hard carries.

• 1Like

Cymbaline

Trakanon Raider
You've got four posts on here and all of them are promoting that guild in some way. Nobody else is talking about them.

Lul
not really, i play on mischief in faceless , rapiers are like a science experiment i like to watch what they do from a distance.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Berserker may one up rogue as the worst tlp launch leveling class. For extra credit make a vah shir one.

It's true. I love zerker and it's my class of choice the rare times when it's actually available, but it's pretty damn bland from 1-60. Shar Vahl is a pretty bad Origin point too if you go cat.

I still recommend going zerker if the interest is there, cause it pays off later (level 70 era and onward). It's possible the reason zerker feels so incomplete in GoD is because it was meant to roll out in OoW with that sweet 2.0 axe as incentive to roll one.

GoD could be interesting, I always wanted to have BL and berserker available on launch of a TLP so I can finally actually try out a berserker

just noticed god is out tomorrow anyway, duck it I’ll just make one then and figure out something else when this drops

Another reason why it's silly to release a GoD TLP while current TLPs are on GoD.

Well, you can get some practice with zerker in the meantime...though I'm not sure I'd want to do their bland 1-60 twice. Post-60 they start getting some nice discs and you can /autoskill Frenzy if you want.

Protip for people who want to play a zerker on a TLP, but can't cause the TLP starts at an earlier era: Play a Shaman instead for classic through LDoN. It'll give you something to do and a way to accumulate funds for the eventual zerker twink, plus it isn't a waste of time because shaman+zerker is a power duo two-boxing up until like level 95 (after that you start needing a real tank more).

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
A GoD launch TLP should have mage pets back to being god-like until like lvl 40 so all melee end up being hard carries.

Question I've had about mages for a while: What normal pet surpasses their epic pet in overall power? I always assumed the 65 pet in PoP, since their epic is one of the harder ones to get and I'd be surprised if it were immediately obsoleted by, say, the 61 pet or something in Luclin.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Question I've had about mages for a while: What normal pet surpasses their epic pet in overall power? I always assumed the 65 pet in PoP, since their epic is one of the harder ones to get and I'd be surprised if it were immediately obsoleted by, say, the 61 pet or something in Luclin.

As soon as you can get the PoP pets, they are better. Farming 50 and below though, epic is king. Focused the Epic pet is only 50. The PoP pets start at level 60. That 10 level difference more than makes up for the epic pet DS/Stun.

• 1Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If I do this TLP I think I'll run a Mage this time. I seem tapped-out on monk and necro (my old standbys) and I've played pretty much everything else extensively at this point except Ranger. While Ranger would be good in this era too, Mage is a curiosity for me and I could try pushing the meta a bit.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
It seems borderline idiotic to release a server that starts in GoD at the same time that the last round of servers are in GoD. Like, you're just splitting the population for no reason. They've done this sort of thing before, though.
I see people saying this a bunch. Without knowing the level unlock cadence you can't really say they will be in the same expansion. Mischief will be finishing GoD when this releases, but if the level cap really is 40 on launch then chances are you will not be raiding in GoD anytime soon.

I think at a very minimum they would want the unlocks to take a year to get to max level. The absolute quickest I could see people hitting GoD would be 3 months in and if it is that quick then you wouldnt be staying in GoD very long. It's really hard to guess when people will be able to start hitting that content without the normal levels, aa's, and gear. Or even if youll be able to hit those zones without the necessary level requirements.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I have not been around EQ and the prog servers that much, but this one gives me some hope. Whats the deal with the ZEM and exp zones? Dont they still mix those up from time to time or has that shit sailed. And its all the same shit every prog server?

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
If I do this TLP I think I'll run a Mage this time. I seem tapped-out on monk and necro (my old standbys) and I've played pretty much everything else extensively at this point except Ranger. While Ranger would be good in this era too, Mage is a curiosity for me and I could try pushing the meta a bit.
Big problem with Mage in a GoD launch server is GoD-PoR is really a bad era for casters in general. There isn't much meta pushing when lots of bosses are just nearly immune to spell damage.

• 1Like

YttriumF

The Karenist Karen
<Silver Donator>
So I have not been around EQ and the prog servers that much, but this one gives me some hope. Whats the deal with the ZEM and exp zones? Dont they still mix those up from time to time or has that shit sailed. And its all the same shit every prog server?

I think there are still a few zones with a consistently favorable ZEM across all the TLP's I have played ... Plane of Fire, Paludal Caverns, etc.

Don't focus just on ZEM's or xp per mob though ... get in a full burn group that blows through dense / fast respawns. You want group xp gained per hour ... or a metric similar to that.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Maybe two years ago they fiddled with ZEMs and it did not amount to much. Upper Guk was probably the biggest loser and it's still alright.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Big problem with Mage in a GoD launch server is GoD-PoR is really a bad era for casters in general. There isn't much meta pushing when lots of bosses are just nearly immune to spell damage.

Yeah, I realized that later after I posted. Meleequest is in full swing after the initial rush is over. Maybe I'll go Ranger after all and save Mage for the next normal TLP.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I try other classes, then pout when I don't have a spell or ability to do X or Y and go back to bard. Not to mention I despise mounts in EQ, they move so awkwardly and iirc casters(Anyone with mana) basically live on them later.

GoD Start would be interesting. Though thinking about all the clickies to go back and get makes me sad. Especially getting a shei cloak(Yes there is a easier version to get in ssra and solo, but 30% less, not a real bard).

Last edited:

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
I try other classes, then pout when I don't have a spell or ability to do X or Y and go back to bard. Not to mention I despise mounts in EQ, they move so awkwardly and iirc casters(Anyone with mana) basically live on them later.

GoD Start would be interesting. Though thinking about all the clickies to go back and get makes me sad. Especially getting a shei cloak(Yes there is a easier version to get in ssra and solo, but 30% less, not a real bard).
Some of the later magic carpets or steam-work jet pack mounts look way better with old models if you use them and don't have the annoying acceleration/inertia issues that the horses have that makes moving on them so annoying.

• 1Like