EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
So is that it? Just level lock as the vaniki gimmick and nothing but retardedly long unlock timers for yelinak?

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
I think Vaniki sounds interesting, least it's something new and not a classic start. Can dick about on it and see how far you can get at each locked range. Gonna see some crazy kills i reckon.

Need to know if it's truebox or not though really

Needless

Toe Sucker
aww no free trade eh, that's a hard thing to go back from
sounds silly though, i'll for sure be a detriment lvl 40 berserker with no weapon for a few weeks at least

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
Could probably complain enough on the forums to get them to add free trade i bet!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
mmm no mention of truebox tho
This scares me. I'd join up and be trying to figure out my boxes, mean while these fuckers gonna be rolling in with their 6 or more boxes all optimized just plowing shit. If no truebox, it won't matter the level, as no boss will be difficult and there will be a lack of loot with how many characters there will be. Expect to be beating every boss in cloth armor and rusty weapons!

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
Im Not No Way GIF

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think Vaniki sounds interesting, least it's something new and not a classic start. Can dick about on it and see how far you can get at each locked range. Gonna see some crazy kills i reckon.

Need to know if it's truebox or not though really

I assume Yelinak has it since they said its a copy of Mangler.
Vaniki I dont know, prob should clarify that.

My assumption right now as is Vaniki will be max 500 population in 6 months

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yelinak will most like kill off Aradune finally
Vaniki will fade very fast
Mischief will stay more populated than Vaniki even on release.

• 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I assume Yelinak has it since they said its a copy of Mangler.
Vaniki I dont know, prob should clarify that.

My assumption right now as is Vaniki will be max 500 population in 6 months
I still don't get why Mangler was so popular? Their most popular wasn't it?

Needless

Toe Sucker
Yeah i kind of assume this too, once the first few phases are done it's gonna die real fast
but the novelty of doing vanilla raid content at 40 would be fun

Will they open up the planar lvl restrictions then so people can try and zerg it lol

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah i kind of assume this too, once the first few phases are done it's gonna die real fast
but the novelty of doing vanilla raid content at 40 would be fun

Will they open up the planar lvl restrictions then so people can try and zerg it lol

Would be dumb to do any classic stuff at 40 just go to the highest zones you can depending on how relaxed the level restrictions are. 4 groups of level 40s can kill in god zones and that loot is insanely better than anything you could get prior.

• 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I boxed 24 on Rizlona, if Vaniki isn't truebox I'll definitely run 24 on it just to experience something new, not sure how long I'll last on it though - seems like the appeal will wear off after a few months.

Needless

Toe Sucker
Would be dumb to do any classic stuff at 40 just go to the highest zones you can depending on how relaxed the level restrictions are. 4 groups of level 40s can kill in god zones and that loot is insanely better than anything you could get prior.
For funsies my man

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
I still don't get why Mangler was so popular? Their most popular wasn't it?

Place and time really. People really liked the ruleset after the Coirnav dud. They also hated Aradune for all the karens. Covid was in full swing so everyone was home playing.

It does - but that raises another question; are we getting revamped PoH and PoF from Day 1?

I would think so, but why would anyone go there? Tons of better loot options in other places.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
aww no free trade eh, that's a hard thing to go back from
sounds silly though, i'll for sure be a detriment lvl 40 berserker with no weapon for a few weeks at least
I think they actually may still have free trade and no item level requirements. It’s just not listed.

Lambourne

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If it launches with GoD, that means the tutorial is active too. There's a named rat in the first room that drops a 10% haste range slot item, the first day will consist entirely of fighting over that.