EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
In other news, aren't we supposed to be having a named bonus?

I sat in Frenzy room for six entire hours killing all the PHes with no interruptions and got zero nameds. Holy shit. Kind of pissed that I spent half of Memorial Day on this.
Named bonus was working on Aradune last night.

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meh, enjoying yelinak enough. Hate the revamped zones.

if there was an easy way to get old icon/graphics without a mod a tip would be legit. Had to stop the new combat music immediately.

Crazy using death as a means of transportation early on too
I use the Classic spell gems attached here. Just put it in with whatever UI you want and re-load it. If you want to keep the default UI, you need to make it's own folder and load it as "custom" , or the patcher will overwrite this.

spellgems.zip are pre-Luclin I believe.
1654016163536.png

Old_Defualt_Gems_2.zip are Luclin / PoP
1654016646417.png

Attachments

• Old_Default_Gems_2.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
  • spellgems.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
not trying to live my life on vaniki by farming ldon... honestly, only losers grind ldon

there are 4 nice 45hp-ish items from lavastorm (no idea where these quests came from - DoN? but allakahzam marks it as PoP, which is not true)... a manapres2 and spellhaste2 item from pok quests - all 6 of these items can easily be done at 40, if not ~25ish

anyone else have some more suggestions like this? maybe some LoY or lower level GoD quests?

edit* i guess new CoM and Veksar are some decent options
which items/quests?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Not sure if you've played it but GW2 is a great casual MMO game.

What target are you guys going after next? What group gear are you guys farming?

Yeah GW2 is another one I missed and it'd definitely be on our big MMO list but it's already got too many things on it. We had Tera and Aion on there too and dropped those.

I don't know what BR is going after next, but I will say that the group-gearing strategy on Vaniki at 40 = LDONs and Natimbi.

In other news, if anyone gets an extra FBSS, feel free to kick it my way. I don't know when the next time is that I'll have 6 hours to sit in Guk.

Y your_mum What's the name of the Mana Pres 2 item?

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah GW2 is another one I missed and it'd definitely be on our big MMO list but it's already got too many things on it. We had Tera and Aion on there too and dropped those.

I don't know what BR is going after next, but I will say that the group-gearing strategy on Vaniki at 40 = LDONs and Natimbi.

In other news, if anyone gets an extra FBSS, feel free to kick it my way. I don't know when the next time is that I'll have 6 hours to sit in Guk.

Y your_mum What's the name of the Mana Pres 2 item?
Farming LDON sounds like the worst TLP experience. What does farming Natimbi at level 40 look like? Is it charm killing named mobs?

• 1Solidarity

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Farming LDON sounds like the worst TLP experience. What does farming Natimbi at level 40 look like? Is it charm killing named mobs?

Yeah, charm-kill (or pet-kite) anything in Natimbi with "rare creature" in its bio. Lots of 40 HEM gear there which is beyond most available stuff. Most of it seems to be for casters, though, and once you collect 'em all there isn't much else to do there.

LDONs are the most useful they've ever been in EQ, since people can't just gear up from PoP instead. So they have that going for them. The people who go bleeding-edge and get as much as they can from LDONs are probably gonna be way ahead of the people who don't, at least until 55+. Are they still pretty boring? Yeah, after the first couple of them they are, and point gain is slow at 40.

Needless

Toe Sucker
lol people are just waiting at the ground spawn spots for the mining picks
nvm mighta just been afk coincidently

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, charm-kill (or pet-kite) anything in Natimbi with "rare creature" in its bio. Lots of 40 HEM gear there which is beyond most available stuff. Most of it seems to be for casters, though, and once you collect 'em all there isn't much else to do there.

LDONs are the most useful they've ever been in EQ, since people can't just gear up from PoP instead. So they have that going for them. The people who go bleeding-edge and get as much as they can from LDONs are probably gonna be way ahead of the people who don't, at least until 55+. Are they still pretty boring? Yeah, after the first couple of them they are, and point gain is slow at 40.
LDON seems like the antithesis of Vaniki. I envisioned Vaniki as being a server for the tryhards to exploit-kill the baddest mobs they could to get loot way beyond what they should have. Unless I'm mistaken LDON is just farming boring and relatively trivial content over and over to slowly accrue currency to buy really good gear, right? Should just delete that expansion from Vaniki and also nerf charm.

• 1Picard
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Vaniki is the most casual EQ experience there has ever been.

The XP rate feels almost the same as Selo's. Casters can land anything on pretty much anything. So the under-level gap hardly means anything within +15 levels. There is a ton of OP gear available for those that know how to use ZAM to search out OP items and quests. The Double Loot encourages people to roll around with groups, cause everyone is going to get their drops. You just end up steamrolling everything, especially when you have classes that can root, snare, or use charm tanks.

Basically what I am saying is, the headlines for this server are piles and piles of bodies under the AoW, but the real experience is ez mode EQ. LDON is so popular because it is a path of least resistance for OP gear. It is free wins for guaranteed gear slots that people can target. If we know anything about modern EQ, it's that the players will always select the path of least resistance.

My prediction is that people burn out fast. The level 40 cap was so incredibly stupid, because people were dinging 40 in <10 hours over the weekend. People aren't going to hunt gear upgrades with no other form of progression for months on end. When people have nothing to do or no reason to log on, they are going to quit or return to their other servers.

• 1Truth!

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
level 50 unlocks in 3 weeks though, I think the newness of the server will still keep people logging on until the level cap increases to 50, which opens up a lot more to do imo.

Could be wrong, but will see. They may change it also due to CT being bugged atm, but i hope not.

Needless

Toe Sucker
I kind of like how goofy it is but i also think its going to die off pretty quickly, so we'll see what happens but i assume it'll pick up a bit more come lvl 50+

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Once there's no open world targets of any value and you're forced to do 54 man DZs I think it will die pretty quick. I think there's a strong possibility that not even one full raiding guild makes it through.

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
I actually did a real tofs group today. We all started around level 32 and crawled through the zone and died to Tsaniria or w/e boss as we were all 100% into level 40. Good times.

I do want people out of ldon asap. No joke, fuck that. Trying to get CoM2.0 and Veksar popular.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
A version of vaniki where the level cap starts at one and increases five levels a week until level 45, doesn't have ldon or other ez mode paths to gear and doesn't have special rules to make cc / charm on reds easy or so would be more interesting to me. Not sure how it'd play out and it'd probably meet the same end as Vaniki.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users