EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
This thing:
View attachment 416083

That 500 isn't a proc or backstab. I ran back and scoured the zone but couldn't find it.

An hour or so later I saw it again and charmed it, but it almost instantly broke. If one could keep this thing charmed it would be a super amazing pet.
View attachment 416084

I could probably tame this beast. But what is there to farm in Scarlet Desert? Once you get a shard (which doesn't take long) the zone doesn't have much of a use. It's unfortunate because it's a good-looking area.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I could probably tame this beast. But what is there to farm in Scarlet Desert? Once you get a shard (which doesn't take long) the zone doesn't have much of a use. It's unfortunate because it's a good-looking area.
I was disappointed they didn't revamp it in the latest expansion. It's a really fun take on a desert zone.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I was disappointed they didn't revamp it in the latest expansion. It's a really fun take on a desert zone.

Here's hoping next winter's "a few Luclin zones" expansion includes the Twilight Sea->Scarlet Desert->The Grey->Ssra Temple corridor. Which it should, since the first half already had VT in it, so Ssra makes sense for the next one. I'd also love to see Katta Castellum get reimagined.

Six zones seems to be normal for modern expansions, so add Plane of Blood (no longer Demi!) as the final zone off of Ssra. Maybe with some cool new name.

T1: Twilight Sea, Scarlet Desert
T2: Katta, The Grey
T3: Ssra Temple
T4: Throne of Blood

Hire me, DBG, DMs are open

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
SD has a handful of trash drop items that are reasonably fine if fresh leveling there, eg a selo type server, but just nothing to really sell it as worth farming. The real problem with it and many like it is their juicy rewards are tied to twilight quests and those are largely dogshit. If they simply flat boosted all the twilight rewards, it would suddenly make a whole ton of mid tier luclin more viable.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
They really should boost the twilight armor. It might be halfway fun to do them if they were decent items.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I was helping last night in the UR CY! - Azra'il
Didn't know that was anyone on here.

Right in the middle of that group, my EQ2 guild needed me to come help them which sucked. Wouldn't have been a big thing, but I literally was laying in bed playing on a tiny laptop. Playing EQ1 and EQ2 at the same time on a crappy little laptop while laying in bed isn't a great setup lol.

I managed to make it to 16 last night. Planning on getting in game tonight to try to get to the 20s.

Archy

Golden Knight of the Realm
Me and a few other people jumped ship to "without regret", while maybe some others enjoy the shitshow it was really killing our desire to continue playing and that's a sure sign to move on, regardless of the outcome.
What are their raiding times? My CLR/WAR combo is looking for a raiding spot.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are their raiding times? My CLR/WAR combo is looking for a raiding spot.

WELL.

Raid Times:
Tues & Thurs- 7pm-11pm EST(Invites/Form 6:30)
Sunday- 6pm-10pm EST(Invites/Form 5:30)

And OW kills. At random times, but also really only OW from 5pm - 11pm off nights. Except today when we killed Naggy at 11am. Which made people upset and leave the guild.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
WELL.

Raid Times:

And OW kills. At random times, but also really only OW from 5pm - 11pm off nights. Except today when we killed Naggy at 11am. Which made people upset and leave the guild.
Please give us details of people leaving over non mandatory raids.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
WELL.

Raid Times:

People left because you guys killed an OW target because it wasn't during normal raid time??

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
People left because you guys killed an OW target because it wasn't during normal raid time??

What if I wanted that Gold Plated Koshigatana? It's not my fault I couldn't be there. They should have waited until everyone could be there. It's inherently problematic to kill raid targets when not everyone is able to equally participate in the participation of equity.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Archy

Golden Knight of the Realm
WELL.

Raid Times:

Damn, I am PST that is too early.

That said, Bossi & Archy are my chars in-game please hit me up for grouping!

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
WELL.

Raid Times:

I need the story and these peoples reasonings like I need air

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Seems like the guild made rules that OW was 5-11pm each night and stuff was worth 1-2dkp per kill.

Naggy spawned at at like 10am, Dayraiderz wiped twice and a batphone went out - contested, 11am Naggy. They made it worth more DKP due to outside window and contested.

People got upset that the OW people now have more DKP than the AOC people. A shaman was upset the officers "changed the guild rules" and called a early OW call and gave more than normal DKP. Guild formed 4 days ago. Have to give credit to the officers - they spent almost a hour in voice afterwards trying to answer questions and calm people down. It was more than 1 person upset.

Guild was made 4 days ago and rules are still being decided. But I guess people thought a vote the other night about OW stuff was concrete and now this guild is a HC 24/7 batphone guild according to them. This guild already has shown a better plan and such for the future compared to the other guilds on Yelinak.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Even people in hyper autistic race guilds get real salty if you just hand out bonus dkp without announcing at least the methodology beforehand. If the guild rules have nothing in it about bonus dkp for contested andor outside window, people will get mad. In amtrak we had clearly listed rules for both and people still got salty. If your guild isn't presented as an ow or racing guild, the people who signed up for scheduled raiding getting dunked on by nolifers with bonus dkp have every reason to feel slighted.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
For sure - bounds were overstepped and they admitted it, but that wasn't good enough for everyone. New, more complete rules being made now to hopefully satisfy and clarify everything. Zog was the voice of reason.

Dictatorship and other things being thrown around. Still had enough for people to sit out a full raid tonight.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Dude it's classic the best loot in the game right now drops from Efreeti Lord and Kirukei.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 3 users