EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone test if you can get rewards by killing mobs after the level cap is raised, but while you're still 40 ect?
You can get them as long as the raid is all level 40. Ngreth confirmed the zone does a level check and anyone over the achievement level will cancel it.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Damn, I didn't even know they went after people for ECTunnel krono purchases. How would they even find out? Sting operations with an undercover GM posing as a seller?

A buddy of mine had 2 purchased accounts banned on Mischief about a year ago. He doesnt cheat, doesn’t even use MySEQ. My guess was that the previous owner used MQ or some other third party software?

Zaide

TLP Idealist
A buddy of mine had 2 purchased accounts banned on Mischief about a year ago. He doesnt cheat, doesn’t even use MySEQ. My guess was that the previous owner used MQ or some other third party software?
There is probably a decent overlap between people who RMT and people who use prohibited software.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
You can get them as long as the raid is all level 40. Ngreth confirmed the zone does a level check and anyone over the achievement level will cancel it.

That's pretty OP if all you want is the rewards.

They track people who they suspect of RMT. They will require phone verification. They will Freeze your Krono if you make too many of them.

If someone in the past logged in your account to say get you a PoP flag hail you and that person uses 3rd party they will hit your account, even if that person didn't use 3rd party on that account.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
There is probably a decent overlap between people who RMT and people who use prohibited software.

Venn diagram of the 2 groups
20-201881_transparent-circle-outline-circle-on-white-paper.png

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I'd wager that all you had to have done is had the client logged in with MySEQ or MacroQuest2 once, and they just ban it at will after.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Luclin AA's get auto granted with DoDh, so they won't get auto granted until level 60 is unlocked and PoR etc, as far as I understand it.

So will get some at 55 in about 4 weeks or so, but none on wednesday. I will eat a gnome on wednesday if i'm wrong!!

Since my playtime is getting low and that i want to do something completely different to tanking/healing which i always do on raids, switching to my Necro as my main. Might do one box with him as I also want to box less, thinking a druid would be a good box, but honestly don't know what, if anything, would be best.

DoDH is Luclin, huh? I thought it was OoW.

Sounds like it makes the most sense to get GoD AAs / superimportant SoL/PoP AAs at 55. So like Combat Agility 3, Natural Durability 3, GoD AAs. Then just get all of SoL granted by the 60 unlock a week later, then do PoP+ after that (since PoP AAs are generally standardized to raise the lines started by SoL and then continued by OOW).

Wonder how AAs will handle level requirements, since most PoP AAs require 61+ to even buy.

Funny as it is to hear the rumors on the grapevine, Reese and I are not killing raid bosses by ourselves or megaboxing. We have a crew of 10 people who have done TLPs since 2015, including a lot of Faceless Selo people and a few people from Phinigel. Each person boxes a few characters, we have 5 six boxers, the rest box 2-3ish each. We have a lot of enchanters and clerics and we are built around being able to chain stun targets and we geared our tanks up in GoD, ChardokB, Veksar etc at level 40 when other people were inexplicably spending time farming Emperor and VT keys.

Our group isn't really setup to do some of the server achievements so we had intended to try and raid with one of the guilds on the server but none were a great fit schedule wise, so we partner with a group of ~40 players who are from EQ Live for some of the achievement fights where our box crew isn't viable on its own.

So, you're the ones doing the mystery kills. Is Robnie part of the crew?

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
I'd wager that all you had to have done is had the client logged in with MySEQ or MacroQuest2 once, and they just ban it at will after.
I've use myseq on agnarr, selos, mischief, and vaniki... mqnext on mischief and vaniki. talking multiple years, and now caught for first time on vaniki

now i have way more krono than i've ever had (thanks to mischief), but i actually always pay with cc for membership... maybe the amount of krono I have raises some opportunities for their books

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I think it's clear that under Jchan's regime, especially in the last year, things are different. So, it doesn't matter how long you've been unpunished before.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I've use myseq on agnarr, selos, mischief, and vaniki... mqnext on mischief and vaniki. talking multiple years, and now caught for first time on vaniki

now i have way more krono than i've ever had (thanks to mischief), but i actually always pay with cc for membership... maybe the amount of krono I have raises some opportunities for their books
I don't think they're suspending people for SEQ. I think they suspend a random sampling of people who are flagged for cheating, not 100%, probably not even 25%. Odds are you just didn't have your number called on the previous waves and this time you got hit.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Use SEQ regularly, never touched any kind of MQ, still never been suspended for now.

If they are flagging for SEQ and going to slap a segment of the population every now and again, I might look at taking measures like running on a seperate IP, but I'm probably flagged if they are scanning for it anyway so changing now won't matter.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or they just randomly suspended a small portion of the playerbase knowing full well 99% of people are using shit and buying/selling krono just to scare the majority into not cheating.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I also wouldn't be surprised if EQ is changing hands, again. With increased cleanups on the forums and a ban wave happening, seems an awful lot of effort going into cleaning up the house for a dead game.

• 1Picard

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The only people I’ve heard of getting suspended for SEQ are the the idiots who openly say they are using it in chat or on streams.

• 1Like

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
DoDH is Luclin, huh? I thought it was OoW.

Sounds like it makes the most sense to get GoD AAs / superimportant SoL/PoP AAs at 55. So like Combat Agility 3, Natural Durability 3, GoD AAs. Then just get all of SoL granted by the 60 unlock a week later, then do PoP+ after that (since PoP AAs are generally standardized to raise the lines started by SoL and then continued by OOW).

Wonder how AAs will handle level requirements, since most PoP AAs require 61+ to even buy.

Was definitely DoDH on rizlona, so pretty sure will be same on Vaniki. Should get PoP ones also, but yeah, won't be able to use them for 12 weeks I think. So, doing PoP/GoD/DoN/DoDH/OoW/PoR raids at 5/10 levels under without the AA's that they're tuned around might be a tricky time. Doing Sendaii at 60 is gonna be a shitshow ;p

Really been enjoying the necro, nice and relaxing just playing 1 and still getting shit done, still considering a box, but might just not bother, see what I can do totally solo, heh

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Ordinarily I'd condemn cheating in all forms. However, if one or more of you were to pool ill-gotten krono to use as a bribe for Bubbles Bubbles in exchange for never posting Alinity again, I'd consider that honourable.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
Ordinarily I'd condemn cheating in all forms. However, if one or more of you were to pool ill-gotten krono to use as a bribe for Bubbles Bubbles in exchange for never posting Alinity again, I'd consider that honourable.

that's pure faggot talk, and only encourages me post more of that heavenly beauty

Last edited:
  • 1Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I want to sub to redguides to see the drama. I can't tell if only the chaff is getting hit and all the real botters are using custom compiled solutions that don't trigger DPGs library searches or if being a macroquest user is becoming increasingly infeasible.

I still wish that when they permabanned someone they listed their chars on all servers and the guilds they were in.

• 1Like