EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I really hope someone streams the attempts at Velious Era Cazic Thule made with level 40 characters to complete the challenge. Can you even zone in to Fear at 40 without the entire zone not chain aggroing? Good luck with Draco and the golems.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharone

Trakanon Raider
I'm going to predict this one right now.

Considering that the level will be locked at 40 for a month, there will be AT LEAST one person boxing a full raid AND using hacks (to ensure their 72 level 40 boxes win the fights), selling the loot for insane krono prices, and make bank off of it.

Why?

Because all those people stuck at level 40 are going to be falling all overthemselves to get extremely uber shit to put on that they would normally not be able to even have in Classic.

A lot of krono is going to be made by someone for the first month.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I hope the claim-on-any-server challenge rewards are totally fucking bananas and that drives people to throw themselves at this more than the rules.

Penalty

Lord Nagafen Raider
All I wanted was a mischief clone with lvl req taken off all items and beastlords/zerkers at classic launch. Maybe one day.

• 1Like

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Trying to do content while underleveled is very lack-luster to me.

I played through GoD and TBM when they were released for higher level players. Guess what? They both fucking SUCKED. Fool me twice satan but there is no way I'd willingly put myself in that situation again to what? zerg Cazic down at level 40? Meh. I honestly see zero appeal in that.

Give me a goddamn TSS start, non-truebox and free trade server.

Edit: I just want to fast forward through the next 10 months of the Mischief server to just blast past the level 70 nonsense. Bring on the fun expansions. Come on TSS, Underfoot, HoT, Voa, RoF etc...

• 1Like

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
People really should lay off the predictions until we know what daybreak meant by

To make these goals more attainable, many level restrictions will be relaxed on this server, allowing players to use items they normally could not and land spells on NPCs far above your level. Zone level restrictions will also be relaxed, but not removed.

Until we really know what that means any prediction made about the server is pointless. For all we know the they could allow you to use all items including spells 10 level lower. At which point you get to use the level 14 mage pet at level 4, you can headshot Red cons at 50 ect.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
People really should lay off the predictions until we know what daybreak meant by

Until we really know what that means any prediction made about the server is pointless. For all we know the they could allow you to use all items including spells 10 level lower. At which point you get to use the level 14 mage pet at level 4, you can headshot Red cons at 50 ect.

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
You are reading a lot into that since it seems pretty clear they are just referring to items. Also items have been something they can clearly edit and make different server to server because they do it for FV rulesets but we have never seen them edit spells or aa in the same way.

but even if you can it only helps pet classes everyone else is helped a lot less. Pet classes will already be hugely op until the cap increases to 55 too.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
You are reading a lot into that since it seems pretty clear they are just referring to items.

There is literally nothing that refers to items at all. They also mentioned a reward for killing CT at 40. Since you can't normally zone into Fear until 46 it's definitely gonna be more then just items. We just don't know at this point.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Will it have the recast debuff on the mob, or can you chain HT with a group of SKs?

Most of it's damage comes from a 3k per tick dot. But you can setup HT rotations where one SK HTs and then when it wears off 30 second later another SK HTs.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
To make these goals more attainable, many level restrictions will be relaxed on this server, allowing players to use items they normally could not and land spells on NPCs far above your level. Zone level restrictions will also be relaxed, but not removed.
They call out zones and items specifically in the text you quoted.

Spell scrolls are items, so maybe you could scribe them earlier, but cast them? If you delevel below a level of a spell, it still has a level check on the cast right? Maybe an engine guy can chime in here, but it might be more difficult for them to allow lower level spell access vs just item equipping.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
With all the changes they are going to need to make for the items and mobs and classes and zone changing levels etc. I think they will end up putting more development time into this server than they did for Mischief.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
All I wanted was a mischief clone with lvl req taken off all items and beastlords/zerkers at classic launch. Maybe one day.
That’s basically what I want. Throw in PoK solely for the books and that sounds nearly perfect. Could also swap either mischief or lvl req part with free trade, but all 3 I think is a bit much.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
With all the changes they are going to need to make for the items and mobs and classes and zone changing levels etc. I think they will end up putting more development time into this server than they did for Mischief.
I think they are going to put vastly less effort into this than you think

• 1Like

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
why tf would they do that? i think the point is being lvl 40 and hunting in natimbi instead of sola... i mean the only thing i could see for additional development would be removal of hidden level requirements on zones (i believe qinimi is like lvl 50 for example). and possible removal of item level requirements or a reduction by some formula ie lvl 60req is now lvl 40

pretty sure they learned their lesson with mischief

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
They call out zones and items specifically in the text you quoted.

Spell scrolls are items, so maybe you could scribe them earlier, but cast them? If you delevel below a level of a spell, it still has a level check on the cast right? Maybe an engine guy can chime in here, but it might be more difficult for them to allow lower level spell access vs just item equipping.

Yeah your right. Really what i meant was nothing states it's restricted to only items and zones. Nothing states exactly how "restrictions will be relaxed"

Like can you scribe a spell at lower level then normal? if you can will the level restriction also be lowered? It's really unclear from the producers letter IMO.

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm

I wouldn't count on extensive dev work. I imagine something like everyone counts as 10 levels higher for spells etc and maybe 20 levels higher when zoning. Remove recommended and required level tags. Done.