EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Someone else mentioned it as well, but the whole idea that you can do content that is appropriate for your level/gear/skills, versus always having to rush to the end is something that happened all the time in original EQ days back in the day. Every guild on a particular server wasn't doing the end game content. This can be the same on this new server but it seems people forget that because they are so used to previous TLPs where every fight is brain dead no effort required.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Im torn, the idea of Vaniki is cool but seems not well thought out. I would hate to miss out on playing it if it is actually fun and adds more value to items.

The currently planned (subject to change) unlock schedule for Vaniki is:

• Open at level 40 with expansions up to Gates of Discord unlocked
  • Four weeks later: level 50 unlocks
  • Two weeks later: level 55 unlocks
  • Four weeks later: level 60 unlocks along with expansions up to Prophecy of Ro
2 1/2 months and you're level 60 with up to PoR.

1649452823720.png

2 1/2 months and you're almost 1/2 way to live.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
It will be interesting to see what gear paths different guilds take. Unlike previous TLPs, there’s not one set optimized path. You can spend your time trying to clear hard content and fail, or take the easier path.

ansar

Trakanon Raider
I am guessing AA's won't open up until you are level 51. Would be nice to get AA's while level locked. I guess you will have to wait until the level 55 unlocks.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Why the FUCK aren't they doing this on stuff like Mischief? TLP has needed "relaxed" true box starting around GoD/OoW for a loooong time. That's honestly a really reasonable way to handle it.

If enough people "like" this post they will. I know that sounds retarded but they have a real hard-on for likes on the forums.

• 1Like

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
Not sure if you can call whatever rank of harmtouch that's available at level 40 "full power".

On the upside the first rank of melee innate xxxxblade will be available

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Not sure if you can call whatever rank of harmtouch that's available at level 40 "full power".

On the upside the first rank of melee innate xxxxblade will be available
I think a level 40 SK on this server will do over 6,000 damage with Harm Touch. Before GoD there is a nerf applied to all Harm Touch across all level ranges.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
SK bros going to be teaming up for Vox and Nagafen action. They've only got 32000 with there being no mitigation of the mighty on classic mobs in GoD.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Maybe it is time I roll up a high elf shadowknight.

BTW is there any difference in the EQ steam client? The server is painfully far away but I feel like scouting a bit and for some reason I have it installed on steam.

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
LoL

"Alright guys, take a cooler for 1 hour, 12 minutes"

been dreaming of this day for years. Too bad I’m on the sidelines for good. This looks like a fun server hope you guys have fun and regale me with tales
Hey, I live vicariously too! Juggling RL with EQ is a skill that I never could adapt to. Something breaks in the end. But I love seeing all my peeps talk about it.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Why the FUCK aren't they doing this on stuff like Mischief? TLP has needed "relaxed" true box starting around GoD/OoW for a loooong time. That's honestly a really reasonable way to handle it.
Don't know about Mischief, but on Aradune "relaxed truebox" was definitely the unspoken norm by GoD.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It will be interesting to see what gear paths different guilds take. Unlike previous TLPs, there’s not one set optimized path. You can spend your time trying to clear hard content and fail, or take the easier path.

I'd say the is the only interesting thing about it. Finding oddball named with gear you can wear/access and figuring out your gearing path, because you wont be able to just do the typical raid progression. What sucks is a lot depends how they handle all the behind the scenes things(lvl req/recc, zone entry reqs etc), which you might not know to the extent they worked until you get in there and see it(aka cant plan for it).

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Nothing about the server makes it look like something you can just pop in to and mess around with. To get anywhere you're going to need to be in an organized guild and that guild is going to need goals and a plan. If you're some casual that dings 40 the week after launch what do you even do? Where do you group? How do you progress your character? Even if you're looking to go moderately hard what is the path? There's a mountain of shit to figure out.

The whole thing feels really inaccessible to a big chunk of players.

• 1Like