EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Xevy

Log Wizard
Since she's taken the helm more GOOD change has happened (and some clustersfucks) in like 16 months or whatever than has in 5+ years combined. HALF of the shit we have on TLP's now they said was "impossible". Double loot, different loot, etc etc etc. Guess JChan just isn't lazy and she realizes maybe SOME innovation in a 20 year old game can be good sometimes.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Creslin

Trakanon Raider
Jchan is awesome even some of the bad ideas show they are trying and it has been far more good ideas than bad.

I do still want robe graphics on all classic models and for them to open up armor textures for classic models tho.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Since she's taken the helm more GOOD change has happened (and some clustersfucks) in like 16 months or whatever than has in 5+ years combined. HALF of the shit we have on TLP's now they said was "impossible". Double loot, different loot, etc etc etc. Guess JChan just isn't lazy and she realizes maybe SOME innovation in a 20 year old game can be good sometimes.
JChan has real technical chops so I imagine that helps. She was the one who made the queue system, I am pretty sure I remember her whipping it up live at the launch of like Ragefire to help with the overpopulation before LJ launched.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Fixed my ui incase any of you are using it Dragon hoard button · Kharzette/EQTLPUI@39b7840

I'd love to see more classic model stuff too, but I'm betting new tools need to get made. Everyone used alias back then so the tools to build them probably don't run anymore. One of my long list of todos is to get EQ model import / export into my collada tool.

With that done, modders could make new models or animations, but something like model swaps for gear changing might require the exe to change.

One possibility is converting the old models to the new format and then adapting all the hero's forge stuff to it. Or even just building new models using the old as concepts. Maybe if I can get the tools in place we could put some money together and hire one of the amazing vrchat avatar people like shonzo or something.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
View attachment 407407

Oh My God Omg GIF by Laff
1649641371624.gif

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
I was able to solo Nagafen with a 52 SK on a live server one time. Took a lot of tries, but HT accounted for a lot of my damage over the fight. Also had access to the HT disc and the lifetap disc which also added a lot of damage. The hardest part was the last 25% or so when I was out of tricks and just trying to stay alive while whittling him down the rest of the way.

Keep in mind this was a live server which means I had full level 50 defiant gear (unsure what the TLP equivalent gear would be, maybe NTOV, maybe VT).

Point is, with GoD HT and no MOTM, a few SKs at 50 will be able to DROP Nagafen. We'll see what resists look like at 40.

F it, maybe instead of Magician I'll go SK again...if I do this at all

Without MoTM 4 Mages can pet wall Naggy and Vox at 40. All of classic will die in 24hours people take it seriously.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Sky in 24 hours would suck so hard. Level 40 efreeti cycle and bees sounds dreadful. Pulling spirocs at level 40 might get you the whole island every time. If the changes allow you to land more spells on the dudes than maybe but it would be quite the grinder. If you did it in instance you could bind everyone at the AoC and then pull most everything down to island 2.

To get anyone to step up and want to go through the kind of bind rushing and gear grinding necessary we need a list of the challenges for the era and their rewards.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Why would you do sky on that server?

We know there are challenges for completing certain encounters at certain levels but we don't have a list of them.

1649648771772.png

Rewards that you can use on any character on the same account could be awesome. If there was a cool thing tied to clearing Sky at level 40 than that would be why you would go.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
We know there are challenges for completing certain encounters at certain levels but we don't have a list of them.

View attachment 407424

Rewards that you can use on any character on the same account could be awesome. If there was a cool thing tied to clearing Sky at level 40 than that would be why you would go.
Will be interesting to see what those are. Is it some cosmetic thing or actual character power. Is it unique? Or just an item already in database. Is it only for that server, or "any character on your account" etc. Depending what it is, could drive a lot of traffic, as people don't want to miss out on something that might be a one time thing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Will be interesting to see what those are. Is it some cosmetic thing or actual character power. Is it unique? Or just an item already in database. Is it only for that server, or "any character on your account" etc. Depending what it is, could drive a lot of traffic, as people don't want to miss out on something that might be a one time thing.

They've going to have to be good to get people to grind their face in to Velious era Cazic Thule. Just zoning in to Fear with a level 40 character might chain aggro the entire zone.

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
They've going to have to be good to get people to grind their face in to Velious era Cazic Thule. Just zoning in to Fear with a level 40 character might chain aggro the entire zone.
Yeah, I don't have a lot of faith in them covering everything that the level cap implies. Zoning into fear with 100+ level 40s doesn't sound fun. Will be interesting to read about at minimum, and if by some miracle it seems to be working great without huge zergs or other issues, can easily catch up. And I can still give some kudos for trying new things that actually give themselves work.

Mrniceguy

Trakanon Raider
Sky in 24 hours would suck so hard. Level 40 efreeti cycle and bees sounds dreadful. Pulling spirocs at level 40 might get you the whole island every time. If the changes allow you to land more spells on the dudes than maybe but it would be quite the grinder. If you did it in instance you could bind everyone at the AoC and then pull most everything down to island 2.

To get anyone to step up and want to go through the kind of bind rushing and gear grinding necessary we need a list of the challenges for the era and their rewards.

That's just now how agro works in EQ. Being lower level doesn't increase social agro range.

I don't think you understand how broken pets are when mobs can be tanked by them.

Sky at 40 with no MoTM is much easier and faster then sky at 50 on a normal TLP.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
That's just now how agro works in EQ. Being lower level doesn't increase social agro range.

Well of course level changes the dynamics of pulling.

In regards to Sky I said it sounded dreadful which it does. So you show up to Sky with just all the Mages and start petwalling. Mages can't summon new pets so every single time one of their pets dies you have to hop down, make a new one and zone back in through the AoC. If you pulled bees and basically everything else down to Island 2 you could maybe grind your way through the place but again that sounds dreadful. Pulls are going to take for fucking ever but if you run everyone up to each island the distance they'll have to travel to get back to the raid after a pet dies goes up. Does Gates wipe away island key requirements? If not you've still got key issues.

On the other hand

1649655995976.png

If the changes are bold enough that everyone can hand spells on stuff in Sky at level 40 than the entire picture is different.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
So any front runners for try-hard OW guilds on either server? A lot of the old OW GM's have quit/not moving, so I wonder who will take over the new servers.