EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone on Vaniki have some spare cleric gear? Just started up. Animosity name in game.

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I’m on Vaniki with like an hour of playtime every 2 days. Ench 32 Pally 22

Thought I’d farm up for pally gear but don’t know the new stuff well enough

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
honestly vaniki gear farm just seems kinda pointless at the moment... don't really feel like any gear upgrades would make 40-50 any easier. it's already going to be incredibly fast even without exp bonus.

idk struggling to see the point of this server. was more enjoyable leveling up than previous TLPs but idk if i can make it to 50 unlocks... might just go back to mischief even tho im lvl 61 there

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
honestly vaniki gear farm just seems kinda pointless at the moment... don't really feel like any gear upgrades would make 40-50 any easier. it's already going to be incredibly fast even without exp bonus.

idk struggling to see the point of this server. was more enjoyable leveling up than previous TLPs but idk if i can make it to 50 unlocks... might just go back to mischief even tho im lvl 61 there

Dunno, I'm getting focus items done and having fun doing it. Not gonna farm LDONs and burn myself out, I'm fine just getting the 44 focus quest items and whatever I could use from Natimbi.

I do wish they'd do a 45 raise two weeks in, that would have broken things up nicely, but oh well.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone got feelers on good guild for Yelinak? I’ve only seen resurgence named in here ~twice but they seem suspect.

We aren't sus - we just have a lot of P99/new players. Like "What is a AoC" and "first time in planes " new. EQCorp seems to be a krono farming guild, Warquest split Naggy the other night, but we (Resurgance) are the only guild to kill the OW mobs - we just got Cazic and Inny last night (which also should say something for the server that mobs are up OW ALL THE TIME) We actually have a schedule on when to kill OW mobs as no one else wants them

Dubee the Sugawolf Pimp

Trakanon Raider
We aren't sus - we just have a lot of P99/new players. Like "What is a AoC" and "first time in planes " new. EQCorp seems to be a krono farming guild, Warquest split Naggy the other night, but we (Resurgance) are the only guild to kill the OW mobs - we just got Cazic and Inny last night (which also should say something for the server that mobs are up OW ALL THE TIME) We actually have a schedule on when to kill OW mobs as no one else wants them
You guild leader?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Some spicy early-morning drama on Vaniki:

1654341600294.png

Was camping the Frenzy for like 4 hours this morning... solo. Finally, after all that time and pain, I got a Frenzy spawn...and it was two of them. Died, ran back.

Was sitting there medding and figuring out how to deal with two Frenzys solo when this guy showed up with his box and just started buffing up without saying anything. Figured he was intending to take the camp with a 2-on-1 advantage, and he tried to, then wiped on the break. I managed to take down one Frenzy and stand the other one up in the room and drop aggro.

Guy comes back, rebuffs. At this point I'm back at FM so I go in there to fight the solo remaining Frenzy, guy immediately runs in and DPS races. I win the DPS race, Frenzy #2 also goes to me. Guy flips out in /say (seen above) then goes to general chat and flips out there for like 20 minutes. No idea what he was saying before I joined general but apparently it involved...death threats, so I now need to live in a safehouse for protection.

Weird thing is he was accusing me of stealing his camp when I'd been there for hours. Said he didn't see me when he got there and I actually sort of believe him because of his sheer conviction. But I'm also not sure how he could have not seen me. I guess it's possible?

Unfortunately I don't have any shots to post of the 20 pages of bitching he did in general chat about how I "stole his camp and KSed two frenzies" and so on, but you're probably blessed that I don't.

This whole dramafest could have easily been sorted by him with like, a /tell or something, instead of flying off the handle all over the place. I almost definitely would have just let him have the second Frenzy if he hadn't acted like a dickwad, because I only needed one. At that point I stuck around for the other Frenzy just because of the principle of the thing. If someone's gonna throw homophobic slurs around unironically when they were already muscling in on someone else's camp to begin with, it's my duty to stick around and make things more "fun". Eventually I made my point (there was blood) and left.

/diary

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I am pretty sure some of the Vaniki boys will be coming over to change that in a month or less.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Infringing on a man’s chimichanga funds is serious business.

I just like that my odyssey of trying to get myself an FBSS as of late (a 6 hour camp with nothing, then a 4 hour camp this morning) ended with what was essentially a boss fight with some guy.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty sure some of the Vaniki boys will be coming over to change that in a month or less.

I certainly fucking hope so.

Those of us that are here that want a more hardcore guild have nowhere to go.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm enjoying it. I'm glad I made an enchanter. Running around dying doing stupid stuff.

I need some jboots. I think I'm the only one that doesn't have one of those potato looking lion horses.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I'm enjoying it. I'm glad I made an enchanter. Running around dying doing stupid stuff.

I need some jboots. I think I'm the only one that doesn't have one of those potato looking lion horses.

I don't have a lion horse either. Been wondering how everybody got one, but not enough to find out. I suspect it's from one of those expansion classic editions and they saved it in /claim.

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
I don't have a lion horse either. Been wondering how everybody got one, but not enough to find out. I suspect it's from one of those expansion classic editions and they saved it in /claim.
It was one of the House of Thule purchase bonuses. Packs | EverQuest - so popular though that they brought it back.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
And there's 999 claims of two different 65 speed horses, so every character can have one. That's why you see so many.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are some of the changes to classes over the years?

Have there been any breakout roles due to new abilities? FD split-pulling etc

Have necromancers returned to being jack trades or are they still dots, in the sub 52 game they could do just about everything.

TairyGreene

Silver Knight of the Realm
Novelty of Vaniki wearing off or people just can't resist that sweet sweet classicTLP?
Probably both, plus Mischief still drawing great numbers entering Omens. According to EQresource, over the last week Vaniki has been hitting low pop about 50% of the time. Doesn't seem great for a server that's been live for 10 days.