EQ TLP - Vaniki (Level-Locked Progression)

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah, pre-70 mercs would be way too OP and completely trivialize the server. Nobody would group.

Sure they would, it would just be 3 man groups with either 3 tank mercs or 2 tank mercs and cleric merc clearing entire zones.

Needless

Toe Sucker
How fast did Miragul die off? i cant remember if that one actually had an end date or not but vaniki seems like it'll be not far off that one lol

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I was done with Vaniki after 4 days and haven't logged back on there since.

Just nope, bad server idea.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I don't have a lion horse either. Been wondering how everybody got one, but not enough to find out. I suspect it's from one of those expansion classic editions and they saved it in /claim.

Yeah the house of thule pack as already linked is great, 40 bucks one off but you get effectively infinite claims of 2 bags and 2 mounts that can be used any server.

Got it on Aradune, still claiming the stuff on every char on Yelinak.

AladainAF

Best Rabbit
<Gold Donor>
I love the little cute but subtly horrifying bunnies :D

They will pounce on the hometown rodents that are running around in all the starter cities.

1654467165797.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Ecko

Trakanon Raider
I'm still enjoying Vaniki, is fun. Yeah the level 40 cap is a pretty bonkers place for the first cap, but it's only for another 2 weeks at least. Having not MoTM on classic mobs means everything is stupidly easy at 40 to raid in classic, but the guild I'm in has a few rusty people coming back so it's good practice for trying harder stuff.

I've done a few quests I've not done before, finding items I would have destroyed/vendored before and using them. Levelled up 5 chars to 40 now ready for when relaxed truebox goes in. Done the pre-quests for Greenmist, gonna do as much epic as I can, gonna do necro demi-lich cap etc. There is stuff to do, if you wanna do it. I can understand people getting bored though already. I've not done any LDoNs and hopefully won't succumb to them prior to 60, cos fuck that, right?!

I do think(hope) level 50 opens up a lot more that people can do and will bring more people in/back. Then 4 weeks later 55 and another 2 weeks for 60 where I can see the number of people boxing going way up which should help the server, will see though i guess on that.

I also hope they announce the new challenge stuff they said they were looking into before the cap is raised to 50. I think if they could come up with some better rewards and maybe make them claimable say 10 times rather than once, that would increase engagement with the server.

On the other side, I like how quiet it is. Am on UK time so not really had any issues camping stuff I want to do, which is nice. Got 2 pre-nerf CoS's for my sk and necro early on (and another when camping penkeeper in FM which was a nice surprise) and didn't have to deal with badly played SK's or mages or necro teams, heh.

So as long as the guild I'm in keeps raiding, I'll probably stay on Vaniki a while, at least it's something a bit different.

Greyman

Trakanon Raider
I mean, I don't think that's probably wrong on the whole, but rolling out a "true" classic server every two years or something could be pretty successful. All TLPs being like that would probably be a net negative, though.
The formula that seems to work is one "regular" TLP plus one experimental ruleset server. Aka Mangler and Selo, now Yelinak and Vaniki, lets em try something out while the players that just want a classic experience get a normal server.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
I am pretty sure some of the Vaniki boys will be coming over to change that in a month or less.
Yea, let people know - server needs a real guild that's organized. We wiped on OW Vox...7 times? due to people pulling her early/giants/ect....

• 1Worf

Korillo

Molten Core Raider
It's pretty sad. Naggy sat up on a Saturday from like noon est to ~4pm. Never seen a more casual server. Although I am also a super casual, only playing 1 character and am actually enjoing it. Level 45 bard atm, missed out on the bonus xp weekend. Oh well.

• 1Like

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I started a gentleman paladin, Julius, and got him to 21 over some sporadic play this weekend.

I’m not excited about the server or my future playing it whatsoever, but I’m actually enjoying the experience somehow. I think I actually enjoy the gimp to pimp phase of EQ.

• 1Like

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Good for yelinak. I may like the other side of eq, myself, but I think it's healthy and good to have an extremely casual server without the drama or pressure of autists like me about.

• 1Like

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
Worry, just show them the way. You've done this classic rodeo enough time to lead raids by now!

Nope, not getting into it. These aren't just cats being herded, these are cats that drank draino and are blind and slow. We pulled the bees at 10:40. We still have 1 bee up. We have 54 people in raid.

Raid ends in 2 minutes and people are ready to leave without even trying the Bzzt.

WorryPlaysGames

Blackwing Lair Raider
2nd biggest guild on server - Warquest - split already because they had too many casuals.

Edit: Still haven't broke mez on bee.

Someone just asked if we are doing a CH rot on Bazzt.

Wiped at 13% - raid over. Bees still undefeated on Yelinak.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users